Tickets and availability

Started by DJGaliv, July 24, 2014, 02:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJGaliv

I'm looking to buy a couple of tickets for the all Ireland qf and the semi finals. Probably will be a neutral but anyway...

I have looked on GAA.ie and ticketmaster and they both say the only ones left available are for cusack lower and hogan lower around the 21.

They are hardly sold out already so does anyone know if they decide to release only a certain few in a section at a time or what's the deal? Should I just buy these ones or wait it out for an upper cusack at half way?

AZOffaly

Some clusterfuck with the tickets for the hurling quarter finals on Sunday.

Zulu

They release only sections at a time. I think the way it works is that club tickets, season tickets, county board tickets and the like are already allocated to certain sections so these are never open to the public unless they are returned to Croke Park. So the sections that are available on ticket master and the like are the sections outside of the above mentioned they are selling to the public first and if demand is high they make other sections available. I wouldn't think there'll be any problems getting QF or SF tickets not involving the Dubs so if you're not happy with the tickets available now you might be better off waiting.

Zulu

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 24, 2014, 02:45:52 PM
Some clusterfuck with the tickets for the hurling quarter finals on Sunday.

I thought after all the giving out they still won't sell it out?

AZOffaly

Probably not, but it's hard to track down where the tickets are, especially the Stand tickets. Our club usually gets an allocation of stand tickets, and terrace tickets, but this time there are 0 stand tickets and the terrace tickets are supposed to be collected in Thurles on Sunday Morning!!! How you are supposed to co-ordinate handing them out after that is up to yourself I suppose.

Anyway, I went and got terrace tickets in Centra today to be on the safe side, but if there are stand tickets floating about, no one seems to know where they are!

Zulu

Ah right, fair enough. That sounds completely bizarre and you'd think there would be clear protocols at this stage for QF's, SF's and finals so that regardless of who gets there the protocols are put in place and that's it.

AZOffaly

Yep. And what seems to be even worse is they decided to sell the tickets in advance of Wexford beating Waterford, so only 3 of the 4 counties were known at the time. That's unfair on Wexford.

DJGaliv

Quote from: Zulu on July 24, 2014, 02:48:14 PM
They release only sections at a time. I think the way it works is that club tickets, season tickets, county board tickets and the like are already allocated to certain sections so these are never open to the public unless they are returned to Croke Park. So the sections that are available on ticket master and the like are the sections outside of the above mentioned they are selling to the public first and if demand is high they make other sections available. I wouldn't think there'll be any problems getting QF or SF tickets not involving the Dubs so if you're not happy with the tickets available now you might be better off waiting.

Thanks a lot for the above. I imagine Dublin's will be a sell out but will wait and see for the other semi

Canalman

Stand tickets for Sunday impossible to get here in Dublin. With the minors playing at 12 noon six hours or so on a terrace in the sun (hopefully) may be too much for some. DCB I believe have no stand tickets at all for clubs.

Odd thing is there probably will be stand tickets being sold from  a caravan outside Thurles on the day.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on July 24, 2014, 03:02:04 PM
Stand tickets for Sunday impossible to get here in Dublin. With the minors playing at 12 noon six hours or so on a terrace in the sun (hopefully) may be too much for some. DCB I believe have no stand tickets at all for clubs.

Odd thing is there probably will be stand tickets being sold from  a caravan outside Thurles on the day.

Same as Tipp. WTF happened to all the Stand tickets? I'll bring a camp stool for the young lad.

Syferus

Don't the GAA usually do a discounted ticket package of the AIQFs and AISFs?

AZOffaly

They do, and that is there alright. Hurling Heaven and Football Feast I think they are called. They're good packages in fairness.

Bingo

Quote from: DJGaliv on July 24, 2014, 02:36:16 PM
I'm looking to buy a couple of tickets for the all Ireland qf and the semi finals. Probably will be a neutral but anyway...

I have looked on GAA.ie and ticketmaster and they both say the only ones left available are for cusack lower and hogan lower around the 21.

They are hardly sold out already so does anyone know if they decide to release only a certain few in a section at a time or what's the deal? Should I just buy these ones or wait it out for an upper cusack at half way?

I doubt you'll come across better then these tickets and they'll only be going the other way.

In croke park these seats are far from bad.

Rossfan

They were available on gaa.ie on Monday last anyway.(Block 109 old stand ;))
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Canalman

Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2014, 03:54:39 PM

They were available on gaa.ie on Monday last anyway.(Block 109 old stand ;))

Thanks . Will check again. Late last week when I was last on it said terrace tickets only available.