Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2023, 11:15:52 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 08, 2023, 11:11:04 AM
So where do they go from here.
Drumcree ?

Nothing has actually changed though so they'll continue to say no, hold the place to ransom and order a new election and get the no brigade out in force!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

This will not matter one jot to their argument.

Basic fact is they wont share power, every excuse has been dismantled and they just keep adding more and more demands as their arguments fall. It's end of days stuff and the only way to check where they stand is to have an election.

We will only see then how their support is holding up. Sad thing is we probably have a fair idea how that will play out and even post election we are back to the same place.

imtommygunn

Now they have a new issue with the ECHR is it? I saw Brolly on about it on twitter. They'll find a new bogeyman. Blatantly no desire to go back to stormont.

Yeah if only they would get crushed by the electorate but unfortunately that is a highly unlikely scenario  :(

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eire90

are they threatening violence  yet

Eire90

isnt their beloved king the head of the supreme court.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on February 08, 2023, 07:42:27 PM
https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2023-02-08/former-councillor-banned-over-britain-first-stunt-fake-fine

That's hilarious tbh. She had Britain first over at flag protests regularly until they realised what she was. They deserve each other. She's a nasty piece of work her - still at it though with the drag acts reading kid's stories etc. Creating a bit of a story there too.

Tbh doesn't matter your views on any of this - she is just a shit stirrer with nothing useful to add to society.

Eire90

northern ireland politics is cure for insomnia just bunch of the same faces boring people every day yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is what they are,

LC

Kicking the can down the road for another year I see https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64574751

What an absolute shower.....

Hereiam

Its a fact now that power sharing is finished here in the north.
This latest chapter proves beyond doubt that Unionists will not and never will be seen to take orders from nationalists in there own wee state.
I know people will say its only the DUP, but if the UUP were in power the very same thing would be happening.

I don't know where we go from here but one thing is for sure the longer there is a stalemate the more time for there is for certain mouthpieces have to stir tensions up.

johnnycool

Quote from: Hereiam on February 09, 2023, 12:29:37 PM
Its a fact now that power sharing is finished here in the north.
This latest chapter proves beyond doubt that Unionists will not and never will be seen to take orders from nationalists in there own wee state.
I know people will say its only the DUP, but if the UUP were in power the very same thing would be happening.

I don't know where we go from here but one thing is for sure the longer there is a stalemate the more time for there is for certain mouthpieces have to stir tensions up.

I'd go even further in saying they still wouldn't share power with an SDLP first minister, let alone SF...

RedHand88

Completely agree with everything said.

93-DY-SAM

They are talking about all kinds of cuts to services now. The very first thing that should be cut is MLA salaries in their entirety. There should be no debate around it or hesitancy in doing it. How can the regular Joe on the street be expected to stomach cuts to health etc while MLAs continue to receive a salary? It has gone far, far beyond a joke at this stage.