Diesel, petrol, oil price watch

Started by Dire Ear, March 08, 2022, 10:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: LeoMc on August 28, 2022, 09:51:38 AM

The German chancellor was in Canada negotiating additional supplies of LNG, Macron was in Algeria doing the same.
We have the DUP sitting with their finger up their hole and Truss and Sunak working out how to give tax breaks to their wealthy donors.

VAT is the latest one doing the rounds.

Truss is considering a VAT cut to 15%.

'cos electric, heating, oil milk and bread all have the full VAT rate on them. Oh. wait a minute.

So, who is a VAT cut going to benefit the most?

Truss is either an imbecile, or cruel.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: LeoMc on August 28, 2022, 09:54:22 AM
With talk of the lights going out and rolling blackouts is there value in getting a diesel generator or PV solar panels?

Been pondering the PV panels myself this morning.

Still somewhat unsure if it adds up in a timely fashion. More research needed on PV degradation.
i usse an speelchekor

Jim Bob

Anyone here thinks it would be a good idea to fill the oil tank now ?

Wildweasel74

Should done it last week, u already, like myself missed the window.

WT4E

BrotherMore6592

That was cheap! May I ask where? 1000 litres for myself was £895 last week

illdecide

Today for 1000l is £1050. I've been waiting all summer for price to drop so i can fill the tank but it ain't happening...WTF.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Aristo 60

We need a September heatwave boys. I'm down to 4 inches in the tank, been waiting the whole summer for a drop in prices  :-[

Milltown Row2

Fuel is down at the pump ( in comparison to before) but now paying more for oil?

I'll never understand this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

I think everyone in the country had the same idea, wait for a drop in prices (and prices were dropping a bit as the $ conversion rate was dropping too, but the $ has strengthened again) then mid august people starting ordering heating oil to beat the Autumn / Winter rush and there's serious local demand. But mainly it's a f**king racket, price of coal has doubled too, no shortage of that AFAIK, coal we were buying locally was Columbian.

clarshack

I was away for a few days there and didn't want to fill the tank beforehand in case some sc**bag drained it when there was nobody about. Typical that the price would rocket  :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on August 29, 2022, 05:16:16 PM
I was away for a few days there and didn't want to fill the tank beforehand in case some sc**bag drained it when there was nobody about. Typical that the price would rocket  :(

Well some sc**bag is going to rip ya off anyways!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2022, 05:25:33 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 29, 2022, 05:16:16 PM

Well some sc**bag is going to rip ya off anyways!!

true enough.

toby47

£1.62 for diesel yesterday on the border. £1.80 everywhere up north - How is this possible?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: toby47 on August 30, 2022, 08:38:47 AM
£1.62 for diesel yesterday on the border. £1.80 everywhere up north - How is this possible?

£1.59 in Bridgend today, £1.82 in Derry-2 miles of a difference