Author Topic: Medical Status of Boardmembers  (Read 42954 times)

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
Re: Medical Status of Boardmembers
« Reply #390 on: August 10, 2022, 09:16:25 AM »
Great news BH...As we've all said you've been an inspiration over the last few years and many a person would have thrown the towel in. So happy for you...go forth and multiply (only joking you're too old for that). I'm sure you're on cloud 9 and rightly so...Fair play.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Nanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 05, 2022, 05:37:24 PM »
I'm getting a part of my large bowel removed because of Crohns Disease and was wondering how anyone else has managed to cope with having a colostomy/ileostomy bags?

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 05, 2022, 10:56:13 PM »
Have you looked for any 2nd opinions or looked into alternatives. I certainly donít want to play down what youíve had to go through but this is a drastic move and surely a last resort. Check out Ken D Berry MD on YouTube as a starting point. I listen to a lot of health podcasts and videos and I remember more than a few people who have resolved their Chronís and ulcerative colitis using strict elimination diet. Canít remember exact episodes but it might be an option. Best of luck anyway.

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 05, 2022, 11:15:28 PM »
Sent you a PM there Nanderson...

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: Today at 12:03:27 AM »
Brother had to get half his intestine removed, cancer scare. Recommended he be put on a bag, there was a small  % chance he wouldn't need it. So he took that option but left small possibility of cancer returning. Your situation different in that it's related to Crohns disease. Doctor will go through all the options and risks. A friend been wearing one since his mid 20's, he mid 40's now, hadn't really a issue, but hard to get used to at the start.

Nanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: Today at 07:18:20 AM »
Have you looked for any 2nd opinions or looked into alternatives. I certainly donít want to play down what youíve had to go through but this is a drastic move and surely a last resort. Check out Ken D Berry MD on YouTube as a starting point. I listen to a lot of health podcasts and videos and I remember more than a few people who have resolved their Chronís and ulcerative colitis using strict elimination diet. Canít remember exact episodes but it might be an option. Best of luck anyway.
Unfortunately the crohns scarring has led to me having quite a significant narrowing near the end of my large bowel and consultant said it hasn't responded to several different medications so surgery would be only way to stop it from eventually closing over and having to get emergency surgery when that happens

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: Today at 09:00:02 AM »
Brother had to get half his intestine removed, cancer scare. Recommended he be put on a bag, there was a small  % chance he wouldn't need it. So he took that option but left small possibility of cancer returning. Your situation different in that it's related to Crohns disease. Doctor will go through all the options and risks. A friend been wearing one since his mid 20's, he mid 40's now, hadn't really a issue, but hard to get used to at the start.

Aye mother in law is finding it difficult though she is mid 70's and it's only been in a few months, she hasn't changed it so the pressure is always on father in law to get it done, but as Wildweasel said it should become a lot easier once you get a handle on it..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea