Ewan McKenna

Started by Kingdom37, March 02, 2020, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag Dog

Quote from: 03,05,08 on March 03, 2023, 07:32:11 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on March 02, 2023, 09:46:26 AM
A lot of people with high iq turned out to be serial killers but mckenna will not talk about that.

I would love to know mc kenna's IQ
His IQ doesn't matter. He has zero emotional intelligence and dishes out abuse at a phenomenal rate.
These days, everyone seems to be a 'scum' in his mind.

bennydorano

I always come back to the idea that he'll say absolutely anything in an effort to grow his numbers to try & monetize his profile. Some Ukrainian related nonsense 2nite, I don't for a second think he honestly believes half the stuff he tweets.

Louther

I see Ewan has been reading the board.

Hello Ewan ya big bollix ;D ;D

Cavan19

screenexile

Jesus wept he's got wee Seamy on his pod tomorrow!!!

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Nanderson

Quote from: screenexile on March 08, 2023, 11:22:34 PM

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
He knows Jamie's popular with the trolls so it will generate clicks

imtommygunn

Quote from: screenexile on March 08, 2023, 11:22:34 PM

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

I will be sure to listen to that...

(Will I bollocks).

Two attention seeking arseholes.

yellowcard

Its actually a little bit sad to see the direction that he has gone down. A few years ago I thought he was a good sports journalist with a questioning mind who wasn't afraid to ask difficult questions. He really should have stuck to that. 

However since lockdown he has gone into history, politics, epidemiology, social issues and any other topic that he can get a reaction from by holding the contrarian view. I can only put it down to a shortage of work and a lot of frustration at the way his career has panned out. I don't think he is a bad fellow nor does he believe half of what he actually says either but he sure has become an insufferable know it all. This attracts a special little army of sycophantic freedom party types who keep him going. He purports to call out bullshit so the Bryson interview should be a dream for him as there is so much material to call out. It'll be worth listening to see how he gets on.

quit yo jibbajabba

Ewan jumping on the Lineker debate now. Youll NEVER guess what stance hes takin on this.....

RedHand88

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 10, 2023, 10:24:01 PM
Ewan jumping on the Lineker debate now. Youll NEVER guess what stance hes takin on this.....

I see Matt himself is coming in to it too.

Milltown Row2

For a sports journalist he can't even spell Lineker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Any chance RTÉ could abolish their waffle and just show action?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

This. Just think how much more of the games we could see. You're probably at 50% analysis these days and it's just getting more.

Franko

Quote from: yellowcard on March 09, 2023, 09:27:00 AM
Its actually a little bit sad to see the direction that he has gone down. A few years ago I thought he was a good sports journalist with a questioning mind who wasn't afraid to ask difficult questions. He really should have stuck to that. 

However since lockdown he has gone into history, politics, epidemiology, social issues and any other topic that he can get a reaction from by holding the contrarian view. I can only put it down to a shortage of work and a lot of frustration at the way his career has panned out. I don't think he is a bad fellow nor does he believe half of what he actually says either but he sure has become an insufferable know it all. This attracts a special little army of sycophantic freedom party types who keep him going. He purports to call out bullshit so the Bryson interview should be a dream for him as there is so much material to call out. It'll be worth listening to see how he gets on.

+1

I used to think he was an exceptional journalist, had serious respect for him

I now genuinely pity him - he just oozes pathetic desperation

yellowcard

Quote from: Franko on March 12, 2023, 08:38:43 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 09, 2023, 09:27:00 AM

+1

I used to think he was an exceptional journalist, had serious respect for him

I now genuinely pity him - he just oozes pathetic desperation

He was once a very good sports journalist. But that's not his target market anymore.

He knows exactly what he is doing as he manages to insert himself into every single controversial issue with the contrarian viewpoint. He has to keep playing to that 'fan base' that he has built up after all they are now his main source of income. The fact is that the truth has never really mattered on Twitter, it's often just used as a propaganda tool by charlatans for their own benefit. Trump being the poster boy for this form of propaganda.

I'd invite anybody to play a game of guess the Ewan take every time a controversial issue comes up. You'd be surprised how predictable he has become but it comes back to that idea of him playing to his gallery.