Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavan19

Well lads will there be many of ye coming down to witness your beating on Sunday?

Ed Hardy

Good news about Eugene Branagan, hopefully get Dabs involved aswell and pretty much full deck playing for Laverty and Co.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Ed Hardy on March 03, 2023, 02:18:23 PM
Good news about Eugene Branagan, hopefully get Dabs involved aswell and pretty much full deck playing for Laverty and Co.

Well I stand corrected on this one.. some turnaround from him - let's hope he gets game time now to see what level he is at.

Targetman

Quote from: Cavan19 on March 03, 2023, 09:59:20 AM
Well lads will there be many of ye coming down to witness your beating on Sunday?
Thousands upon thousands!!

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hard2Listen2

All senior football & hurling fixtures now on web site

thewobbler

Laverty hasn't done a whole pile wrong so far, but having 50+ lads knock their bollocks out for 3 months, to then watch Kilcoo players of dubious intention,  join up and sail straight into game time, probably won't do him many favours.

—-

Tough game today. Cavan must have the biggest and most physical spine in Ireland, which means it's always going to a tough fixture for Down, especially on the road.

rodney trotter

Smurfy123

Anyone know why John O Hare isn't starting

Nanderson

I'd feel pretty hard done by as a defender on this Down side. Laverty musn't trust them to be able to win 1 on 1 battles and thats why he chooses to flood the defense with a load of bodies

Targetman

Just like every other county manager these days!

SHEEDY

Quote from: Nanderson on March 05, 2023, 05:56:32 PM
I'd feel pretty hard done by as a defender on this Down side. Laverty musn't trust them to be able to win 1 on 1 battles and thats why he chooses to flood the defense with a load of bodies
there's not too many top county teams that play 1 v 1 in defence, Laverty is trying to implement the same style of play that many teams play, getting bodies back then breaking at pace. Cavan at the minute are a better team than Down, more physical and are further along the road than Down.
Down are making progress for sure compared to last few years, there's going to be bumps in the road and today was one of those. If we can win the last 2 games it'll have been a more than decent league campaign and will set us up for a crack at Donegal
nil satis nisi optimum

Lotto

2nd game in a row Laverty has shown he puts most of his faith in his fellow clubmen to do a job for him, he got away with it last week but his luck ran out today. Some slap in the teeth to those who gave all they had for him for the last 5 months, to sit on their arse on the bench or in the stand. Brannigan in the squad 5 minutes and gets on, I mean wtf. Cavan take on 6'4'' Gearoid Mc Kiernan and we combat this with someone who is 5'10'' and about 10st. Joke on so many fronts.

Truth hurts

In typical Down fashion we go slating people when we get a defeat. Its going to be a work in progress, we are not going to be world beaters overnight. As a Down man i am a lot happier with the way things are moving in football compared to were we were. Everyone wants to play for Down again. Lets get behind the county.

We overplayed a lot of ball today but we will improve.

Feckitt

Lurgan and Newry are two similar size towns. Newry probably bigger and unlike Lurgan is probably 95% Catholic.  But where are the Gaelic footballers?
Yesterday Armagh had
Conor Turbitt
Tiernan Kelly
Barry McCambridge
Stefan Campbell &
Andrew Murnin.  All Lurgan Men.
Down have nobody from Newry and have been under represented in Newry for decades.  Surely this is a big failure by the Co Board.