The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Anyway, back to the topic at hand (sorry Rossfan).

You do have to wonder how there hasn't been more of a move against Micheal Martin. The man's tenure seems to be characterised by constant defending of FGs most senior figurers who are seemingly embroiled in an unending row of scandals. Imagine being a FF leader who will be remembered for nothing more than a desperate need to protect and defend FG. Laughable.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Snapchap on September 18, 2021, 05:12:33 PM

You do have to wonder how there hasn't been more of a move against Micheal Martin. The man's tenure seems to be characterised by constant defending of FGs most senior figurers who are seemingly embroiled in an unending row of scandals. Imagine being a FF leader who will be remembered for nothing more than a desperate need to protect and defend FG. Laughable.

The answer to this is very simple. Martin has only 15 months to go as Taoiseach. He will be left as leader until then. I doubt he'll even challenge a leadership heave after that. After that date December 22, Fianna Fail will be getting ready to battle the next General Election and they will not be the best of bedfellows with Fine Gael during this period. This will work both ways!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 18, 2021, 06:44:43 PM

The answer to this is very simple. Martin has only 15 months to go as Taoiseach. He will be left as leader until then. I doubt he'll even challenge a leadership heave after that. After that date December 22, Fianna Fail will be getting ready to battle the next General Election and they will not be the best of bedfellows with Fine Gael during this period. This will work both ways!

The part that's left of FF I assume you mean.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 18, 2021, 08:57:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 18, 2021, 06:44:43 PM

The part that's left of FF I assume you mean.

They will all be back on board once the aesthetics of electing a new leader have been sorted out.

Captain Scarlet

May as well keep this going here, as the Tony Holohan episode is showing that FF and FG have not learned anything from the Zappone craic!

So he has no Phd and never had anything published but is now a Professor on his current salary.
He is on secondment so normally he should return but it's open-ended and none of the Govt seem to know anything about it.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Tubberman

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 08, 2022, 12:06:53 PM
May as well keep this going here, as the Tony Holohan episode is showing that FF and FG have not learned anything from the Zappone craic!

So he has no Phd and never had anything published but is now a Professor on his current salary.
He is on secondment so normally he should return but it's open-ended and none of the Govt seem to know anything about it.

This is not like the Zappone case. Nobody in govt signed off on Holohans secondment. They weren't made aware until after it had been agreed by department and have asked for it to be paused now.
It's a ridiculous agreement.  On secondment from a job he stated he doesn't intend returning too, yet he will continue to be paid in full for that job, and his new 'employer', Trinity,  won't be paying him a penny!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Did anyone i.e Sec General  of Dept of Health approve this or was it a ready up between senior medical mates?
Even if it was wouldn't some top dog in Dept of Health have to approve continuing to pay him his salary?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on April 08, 2022, 12:44:10 PM
Did anyone i.e Sec General  of Dept of Health approve this or was it a ready up between senior medical mates?
Even if it was wouldn't some top dog in Dept of Health have to approve continuing to pay him his salary?

Robert Watt signed off on it

Tubberman

weareros

Think Independent. He'll be joining his good friends the Healy Raes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3r8IBlVtys

Itchy

Quote from: weareros on November 02, 2022, 08:49:32 PM
Think Independent. He'll be joining his good friends the Healy Raes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3r8IBlVtys

He's a gobshite, he likely to lose his seat

Itchy

I see caught on video in a nightclub shifting the face of a young lad who isn't his partner. Personally I couldn't care less but the silence of media today is worth noting. Would it be so silent if

1 - it was a woman TD caught snogging a man who wasn't her partner

Or

2 - if it was Mary Lou McDonald (this would be front page news for 6 months)

shark

Quote from: Itchy on December 05, 2022, 10:58:29 AM
I see caught on video in a nightclub shifting the face of a young lad who isn't his partner. Personally I couldn't care less but the silence of media today is worth noting. Would it be so silent if

1 - it was a woman TD caught snogging a man who wasn't her partner

Or

2 - if it was Mary Lou McDonald (this would be front page news for 6 months)

It's a TikTok video. Can it be 100% verified that it hasn't been altered in some way? That's the question I'd be asking if I was an editor. Otherwise risk getting sued.