Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Tyrone schools could do a clean sweep of the All-Ireland finals.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Estimator

Quote from: Estimator on February 25, 2023, 04:22:06 PM
Tyrone schools could do a clean sweep of the All-Ireland finals.

Two out of three ain't bad.

LC

https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/o-carolan-college-aim-to-crown-incredible-year-with-all-ireland-title/

Surely something not right here, obviously a team playing one if not two grades lower than they should be.

Surely Carrickmore were not that bad a team.

Nanderson

Quote from: LC on March 10, 2023, 02:26:27 PM
https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/o-carolan-college-aim-to-crown-incredible-year-with-all-ireland-title/

Surely something not right here, obviously a team playing one if not two grades lower than they should be.

Surely Carrickmore were not that bad a team.
Not many C grade schools in Ireland would have county players let alone minors and u20s

'Four of them, Sean O'Hare, Killian Smyth, Rian McConnell, and Adam Matthews, won All-Ireland minor medals in 2021. Three of them, O'Hare, Smyth and McConnell, are now members of the Meath U-20 panel.

They also have four players who played for the Meath minors last year in Darragh Smith, Darragh Kelly, Declan O'Reilly and Rian Stafford, who is a nephew of Royal County legend Brian Stafford.'

LC

Would Omagh CBS even have that amount of county men?

Estimator

Quote from: LC on March 10, 2023, 02:32:29 PM
Would Omagh CBS even have that amount of county men?
Quick check to compare the 2022 Tyrone Ulster Minor final panel to the Omagh CBS MacRory Cup squad and there is a least 7/8 lads on both. Did the same with the Donaghmore team and it's similar numbers.

Onthe40

Are both Tyrone schools firm favourites? I imagine with the Kerry lads gone it's Omagh's to loose

Milltown Row2

Was at Queens last night where the finest fifth year footballers of Ulster were battling it out for the future all stars awards...

Some fine footballers coming through the school systems
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shawshank

I have to say that I think that the ' future all stars' thing is utter bollox. Seriously what is the point outside of trying to promote Queens

Blowitupref

Hogan cup final starting in a few minutes. Should be Omagh the winners but has been achievement in itself for the Sligo school to reach the final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PygEJV9GWzY

As good as over after 10 mins. Omagh 2-3 to 0-1 ahead.

Half time 3-8 to 0-4

Full time 6-16 to 3-8
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shawshank on March 17, 2023, 12:39:39 PM
I have to say that I think that the ' future all stars' thing is utter bollox. Seriously what is the point outside of trying to promote Queens

Well the kids put plenty effort into it.

As for Queens promotion, sure what's wrong with promoting going to college? Very clever to show your worth
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2023, 01:57:15 PM
Quote from: shawshank on March 17, 2023, 12:39:39 PM

Well the kids put plenty effort into it.

As for Queens promotion, sure what's wrong with promoting going to college? Very clever to show your worth

I think UU doing something similar but it is for 6th formers, same objective no doubt as Queens.

omagh_gael

Serious performances by Omagh in the semi and final...winning by 18 and 17 points respectively. Almost a pity it was so one sided as the atmosphere never really got going in Croker. Great achievement for my own club having 3 players on the 15 one being the captain with 2-5 from play and another being man of the match.

Any one of 4 or 5 schools in Ulster could have made a great cracking at winning today. Standard very high across the province this year.

NotedObserver

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 17, 2023, 05:29:21 PM
Serious performances by Omagh in the semi and final...winning by 18 and 17 points respectively. Almost a pity it was so one sided as the atmosphere never really got going in Croker. Great achievement for my own club having 3 players on the 15 one being the captain with 2-5 from play and another being man of the match.

Any one of 4 or 5 schools in Ulster could have made a great cracking at winning today. Standard very high across the province this year.

Surely a good few inter county players come from that side. Serious talents with serious attitudes

Walter Cronc

Quote from: NotedObserver on March 17, 2023, 05:51:01 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 17, 2023, 05:29:21 PM

Surely a good few inter county players come from that side. Serious talents with serious attitudes

Doubt it. Schools football hugely over rated. Be doing well to get 5/6 top club players from any school side. Hogan winners or not!