Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2020, 01:09:00 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 14, 2020, 12:48:35 PM
Trans is a really interesting one. I haven't studied much of it granted but there does seem to be a huge spectrum of people who fall into the trans basket. This causes an issue. From my own perspective and as the Father of a girl I definitely don't want some man with a c**k and balls using ladies changing room / toilets and being able to claim that they are trans.
Getting into an argument on Twitter with them is of course the road to no town. They're massively represented and seem to be able to call on a fairly large army of warriors as Lineham and Rowling have found out.

Have fraudulent claims of trans identity to facilitate sexual assault or leering or whatever in women's bathrooms been a major or even minor problem yet?

We've been hearing about this risk for much of the past decade as the issues of transsexual people have attracted public awareness.

How do these incidents of assault compare to the assault of transwomen who are forced to use men's facilities?

Fair enough, but I would feel uncomfortable should that avenue be left open. 
I'm open to hearing arguments and listening to other viewpoints but if you're a man, you're a man and if you're a woman you're a woman. You can be transitioning but you're a man transitioning to a woman and vice versa. I think that has to be made clear. Of course people should be free to make their own choices without prejudice but also people should be allowed to hold a traditional viewpoint around gender without being called transphobic.

J70

Quote from: trailer on July 14, 2020, 01:18:28 PM
Trans is a really interesting one. I haven't studied much of it granted but there does seem to be a huge spectrum of people who fall into the trans basket. This causes an issue. From my own perspective and as the Father of a girl I definitely don't want some man with a c**k and balls using ladies changing room / toilets and being able to claim that they are trans.
Getting into an argument on Twitter with them is of course the road to no town. They're massively represented and seem to be able to call on a fairly large army of warriors as Lineham and Rowling have found out.

Have fraudulent claims of trans identity to facilitate sexual assault or leering or whatever in women's bathrooms been a major or even minor problem yet?

We've been hearing about this risk for much of the past decade as the issues of transsexual people have attracted public awareness.

How do these incidents of assault compare to the assault of transwomen who are forced to use men's facilities?

I'm open to hearing arguments and listening to other viewpoints but if you're a man, you're a man and if you're a woman you're a woman. You can be transitioning but you're a man transitioning to a woman and vice versa. I think that has to be made clear. Of course people should be free to make their own choices without prejudice but also people should be allowed to hold a traditional viewpoint around gender without being called transphobic.

What do you mean "it has to be made clear"? By whom and to whom? Based on what?

There's nothing clear about any of this, beyond the fact that it is a difficult issue which is emerging after people historically had to live repressed, secret lives. Biology is a complicated thing and traits and characteristics don't always fall into neat pigeonholes. And transexuality is obviously not the first issue of human dignity and worth that society has to had to evolve on in recent decades.

As an aside, I've been working for several years now at a large institution which permits people to use the bathrooms of the gender they identify with.

We're talking tens of thousands of people in and out of these bathrooms.

Have yet to hear of any problems.

sid waddell

Graham Linehan has gone full creep

What a sad way to live your life

QuoteGraham Linehan joined a queer women's dating app to share trans people's profiles. It backfired, badly

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/02/21/graham-linehan-women-her-dating-app-trans-transphobia-backlash/

trailer

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Yet presumably you are quite happy with a homosexual using the changing room and ogling your daughter?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2021, 01:49:11 PM
Women were never asked if they wanted to accept the trans agenda

https://mobile.twitter.com/p1nchemarimacha/status/1359522342280572930

And what is the trans agenda? I am imagining a bunch of trans people sitting in a room. Phones turned off and SIM cards removed making bullet points of everything they want on the agenda

screenexile

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 23, 2021, 03:11:09 PM

And what is the trans agenda? I am imagining a bunch of trans people sitting in a room. Phones turned off and SIM cards removed making bullet points of everything they want on the agenda

Linehan has lost the plot! What started out as him standing up for trans activism encroaching on women has become a total obsession and he's not handling it well at all.

I actually agree with most of what he says but the main message has been lost in the madness that has ensued.

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2021, 03:06:07 PM

Yet presumably you are quite happy with a homosexual using the changing room and ogling your daughter?

Not really comfortable with anyone ogling anyone who is underage if I'm honest.

seafoid

It's getting journalists on message
Buying politicians
Changing laws without any public debate
Social media manipulation

And it's extremely sophisticated

Did most people under 25 start supporting the trans cause because they were all visited individually  by the slua sí. ? Or was it structured and funded and executed ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2021, 03:51:43 PM

It's getting journalists on message
Buying politicians
Changing laws without any public debate
Social media manipulation

And it's extremely sophisticated

Did most people under 25 start supporting the trans cause because they were all visited individually  by the slua sí. ? Or was it structured and funded and executed ?

Where do all these trans people meet to come up with this agenda? Do they crossover with the people who come up with the gay agenda? Do they make notes on the meetings? I'd like to see them

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2020, 01:54:49 PM

There's nothing clear about any of this, beyond the fact that it is a difficult issue which is emerging after people historically had to live repressed, secret lives. Biology is a complicated thing and traits and characteristics don't always fall into neat pigeonholes. And transexuality is obviously not the first issue of human dignity and worth that society has to had to evolve on in recent decades.

As an aside, I've been working for several years now at a large institution which permits people to use the bathrooms of the gender they identify with.

do bathrooms have a lock on them ?
Of course there's no problem because there's f$ck all transgender people around another storm in a tea cup .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on February 23, 2021, 04:48:43 PM

Of course there's no problem because there's f$ck all transgender people around another storm in a tea cup .

Stalls have a lock, of course. Sinks areas no.

However, given the relatively young, liberal, profile of the people who would frequent where I work, you're probably hell of a lot more likely to have openly trans people about than most places. 

And still no problems.

Part of that is, I'm sure, the fact that no one is looking to create problems or controversy where they don't exist.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on February 23, 2021, 05:16:32 PM
Quote from: Gmac on February 23, 2021, 04:48:43 PM

Stalls have a lock, of course. Sinks areas no.

However, given the relatively young, liberal, profile of the people who would frequent where I work, you're probably hell of a lot more likely to have openly trans people about than most places. 

And still no problems.

Part of that is, I'm sure, the fact that no one is looking to create problems or controversy where they don't exist.
any urinals in these bathrooms or all stalls ?