America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

And, of course, even the diluted measures proposing background checks for gun buyers at gun shows and on the internet have been filibustered to death in the Senate. Shameful.

J70

The Republicans are filth. All but four wouldn't even vote for background checks for guns shows and advertised sales FFS. I suppose it goes with all the rest of their abhorrent views.

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 18, 2013, 12:27:51 AM
The Republicans are filth. All but four wouldn't even vote for background checks for guns shows and advertised sales FFS. I suppose it goes with all the rest of their abhorrent views.

The republicans are moral cowards, bought and paid for by an insidious collective of neanderthals, they make me sick to my stomach and the blood of future gun victims will be on their hands.

No time for Obama, this issue was not part of his re-election campaign however he was willing to adopt it, tried to work with this shower of cowards, compromised to try and get them over the line and instead they take it up the arse from their NRA masters!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Count 10 on March 30, 2013, 03:13:12 PM
Quote from: stew on March 29, 2013, 08:43:15 PM
Quote from: Count 10 on March 29, 2013, 07:10:50 PM
Do you have to renew your gun licence every year?

Google it newbie!

Thanks for the insight "Hero".
Seems any d**khead can get a gun 8)

I owe you an apology Count 10, there was supposed to be a wink after my post, sorry.  :-[

Count 10

Quote from: stew on April 18, 2013, 03:22:55 AM

Google it newbie!

I owe you an apology Count 10, there was supposed to be a wink after my post, sorry.  :-[

No apology needed.....sad day for USA when they care more about guns than their children

stew

Quote from: Count 10 on April 18, 2013, 03:44:26 AM

Google it newbie!

No apology needed.....sad day for USA when they care more about guns than their children

Twas needed but you are wrong on the latter Count, the politicians, in particular the republican politicians sold out their constituents that wanted this law to go through, they sold their souls in fear and wallow in money for their next term.

Obama did all he could up until this point, I am sure they will pay for their sins which, on this issue, are going to come back to haunt them!

Count 10

Quote from: stew on April 18, 2013, 04:19:09 AM
Quote from: Count 10 on April 18, 2013, 03:44:26 AM

Google it newbie!

Twas needed but you are wrong on the latter Count, the politicians, in particular the republican politicians sold out their constituents that wanted this law to go through, they sold their souls in fear and wallow in money for their next term.

Obama did all he could up until this point, I am sure they will pay for their sins which, on this issue, are going to come back to haunt them!

Well they have the chance to vote them out at the next election, but politics as they are I wouldn't hold my breath. Never wanted a gun anywhere near me when I lived in the states.....but unfortunately was on the receiving end of one.
Life must go on.

heganboy

Note:
I'd like to point out the the **s added below are not mine- apparently the forum has decided my words may offend you...

Quote from: J70 on April 18, 2013, 12:27:51 AM

the problem here although it may look like it is a Republican vs Democrat issues, is really a selfish f**ker vs selfish f**ker issue.

Politicians are elected and we are the d**kheads that vote for these selfish f**kers who are willingly putting their own chances of re-election over the possibility of keeping some people out of harm's way.

If people either don't vote, or continue with existing voting patterns, then this will continue to be the case, and the only people to blame will be those people who have the right to vote.

apparently we are to believe that 90% of american people agree with background checks. Thats a lot of people, apparently the 10% successfully fundraised and lobbied to ensure that the senate couldn't pass the motion. And when I say fundraised and lobbied, I mean that they used money and bullying to tell those selfish f**kers who just managed to win their last election in a tight race that they would make it hard for them to win again. And then a bunch of scared selfish f**kers did what they were told instead of acting n the best interests of the people they are supposed to represent.

And as for the other selfish f**kers, they are the ones who make a lot of money from the sale of guns. And somewhat unbelievably they have managed to convince (the dumb gullible) 10% of the american population, about 40 million people that it is in their interest to have anyone with a mental illness or who has been convicted of a violent crime to have unrestricted access to guns. And I don't mean just a pistol/ handgun, this includes semi automatic weapons and sniper rifles. Because, you know, to restrict that access would be un-American.

Never mind how easy it is for government to stop you flying, or preventing you voting- thats all fine, because you may be dangerous if you do that,  but own a sub machine gun- that's your (selective) constitutional right.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

CNBC national tv just told people the people of Boston
"if you have a handgun get it ready and stand by the door, be better than a baseball bat"

seafoid

Quote from: theticklemister on March 30, 2013, 05:03:16 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 30, 2013, 04:46:25 PM
A true hero doesn't need a gun.

What about big Arnie??
Big Arnie left California with a 27bn $ deficit.
It was Jerry Brown who terminated it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

stew

Quote from: heganboy on April 19, 2013, 01:06:25 PM
"if you have a handgun get it ready and stand by the door, be better than a baseball bat"

Please note this is a Liberal media station Fox, looking forward to the condemnation from the usual suspects.

seafoid

It seems that the NRA used to be fairly middle of the road until Wayne la Pierre took over. He wouldn't be out of place in the UVF apparently. Not really much of a moderate.  Now everyone is afraid of the organisation.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Quote from: stew on April 19, 2013, 04:37:29 PM
Quote from: heganboy on April 19, 2013, 01:06:25 PM

Please note this is a Liberal media station Fox, looking forward to the condemnation from the usual suspects.

CNBC is not liberal. MSNBC  is.

CNBC is a Wall St business channel. One of their guys inspired the rise of the tea party FFS on a rant about bailouts for struggling home owners.

You've made this claim before.

heganboy

CNBC is wall street's go to business channel. And as such would definitely have a right wing bias, especially on tax government regulation i was surprised to hear them get into that today. And not only that-" in light of this dangerous foreign criminal forcing unarmed US citizens to be locked in their homes today, surely this is the context in which we should frame the gun and immigration debates this week"

also  a congressman called to have ball bearing purchases tracked  and registered (but not guns or pressure cookers)

Oraisteach

Yep, a 5 year-old shot and killed his 2 year-old sister in Kentucky.

And now over 3,800 have died from guns since Sandy Hook, and we can't even get background checks despite the fact that 90% of the country favour them.