America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

On the contrary, I'm not blaming anybody!

Pelosi is a moron, and her comments need clarifying. If she's really suggesting that it's ok to secretly execute us citizens on a case by case basis, that's fucked up. Other than that it's a non story, in my view.

Oraisteach

Well, a hundred days have elapsed since Sandy Hook and, as expected, a fog of indifference has settled over the country.  Since then, over 3,000 people have suffered gun deaths in the US, and now we have long since passed any chance of outlawing high-powered army-style weaponry (BTW, in Sandy Hook, the shooter got off 155 bullets in less than five minutes); in fact, even implementing background checks is encountering strong opposition.

Since I came to this country, 1979, there have been about 300 victims of school shootings alone.

So dispiriting

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 28, 2013, 05:07:05 PM
Well, a hundred days have elapsed since Sandy Hook and, as expected, a fog of indifference has settled over the country.  Since then, over 3,000 people have suffered gun deaths in the US, and now we have long since passed any chance of outlawing high-powered army-style weaponry (BTW, in Sandy Hook, the shooter got off 155 bullets in less than five minutes); in fact, even implementing background checks is encountering strong opposition.

Since I came to this country, 1979, there have been about 300 victims of school shootings alone.

So dispiriting

I have lost 9 facebook friends over the whole gun control thing since sandy hook.

I find myself in need of a good mechanic after a mate of 17 years effed me off because I told him that neither he, nor anyone else needed assault rifles and that guns do, in fact kill people. I thought fair enough, no longer facebook friends, no big deal so I brought the yoke down for a servicing and he refused to take care of the care and told me I was no longer welcome at his garage.

I was floored, i told him to grow up and call me when he buys some perspective and went across the road and got taken care of, now here's the thing, in 01 I got him a huge contract with the Company I was working for servicing their 40 odd trucks in the area, up until May of 2013 he has done every scrap of work for the company, in June he will find that he is going to have to seriously look for new customers because his biggest one is not renewing with him!

I will never understand these NRA arseholes, they are great at putting their shit on facebook etc and act like they are John f**king Wayne but when someone offers a contrary opinion they go apeshit!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: stew on March 28, 2013, 05:52:50 PM

So dispiriting

I have lost 9 facebook friends over the whole gun control thing since sandy hook.

I find myself in need of a good mechanic after a mate of 17 years effed me off because I told him that neither he, nor anyone else needed assault rifles and that guns do, in fact kill people. I thought fair enough, no longer facebook friends, no big deal so I brought the yoke down for a servicing and he refused to take care of the care and told me I was no longer welcome at his garage.

I was floored, i told him to grow up and call me when he buys some perspective and went across the road and got taken care of, now here's the thing, in 01 I got him a huge contract with the Company I was working for servicing their 40 odd trucks in the area, up until May of 2013 he has done every scrap of work for the company, in June he will find that he is going to have to seriously look for new customers because his biggest one is not renewing with him!
I will never understand these NRA arseholes, they are great at putting their shit on facebook etc and act like they are John f**king Wayne but when someone offers a contrary opinion they go apeshit!

So you are going to go out of your way to jepordize your friends livelihood because of a spat over gun control which you instigated ? That's a sc**bag thing to do. Not surprised though..you have form in this area.

stew

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 28, 2013, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: stew on March 28, 2013, 05:52:50 PM

So dispiriting

So you are going to go out of your way to jepordize your friends livelihood because of a spat over gun control which you instigated ? That's a sc**bag thing to do. Not surprised though..you have form in this area.

As a matter of fact micky I had nothing to do with it, the company has sold off 20% of it's assets and they are downsizing drastically, they sold off the whole of Illinois and several other States, it's Wisconsin's turn next and he is simply one of many small time businessmen impacted by the decision, I hate that it is happening to him but it is what it is.

I instigated nothing mike, you might need to learn what that word means, you are ignorant of the facts (as usual) and in this instance you are the one acting the sc**bag mick, not me! I offered a differing opinion to a friend about a subject that I am passionate about, you see Mike, I hate, absolutely hate to see people die at the hands of guns, I have lived with that shite all my born days and if you cannot tell a friend he is wrong then who can you tell mick?

Hope this helps Mike!  :-*

Wildweasel74

He wouldnt service my car he get the same thing, he mustnt need the business, so loosing a contract will lighten his workload.

Count 10

Should have been pistols at dawn!!

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAs a matter of fact micky I had nothing to do with it, the company has sold off 20% of it's assets and they are downsizing drastically, they sold off the whole of Illinois and several other States, it's Wisconsin's turn next and he is simply one of many small time businessmen impacted by the decision, I hate that it is happening to him but it is what it is.

I instigated nothing mike, you might need to learn what that word means, you are ignorant of the facts (as usual) and in this instance you are the one acting the sc**bag mick, not me! I offered a differing opinion to a friend about a subject that I am passionate about, you see Mike, I hate, absolutely hate to see people die at the hands of guns, I have lived with that shite all my born days and if you cannot tell a friend he is wrong then who can you tell mick?

Hope this helps Mike! 

You have a gun in your house, you are obviously a bit of a republican nutjob and yet you want to lecture other people on gun control ? I'm with the mechanic on this one !
As for not fixing your car ?  who among us would not eventually crack if continually asked to fix cheap bangers plastered with Armagh stickers and smelling of buckfast.

stew

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 29, 2013, 03:34:38 PM
QuoteAs a matter of fact micky I had nothing to do with it, the company has sold off 20% of it's assets and they are downsizing drastically, they sold off the whole of Illinois and several other States, it's Wisconsin's turn next and he is simply one of many small time businessmen impacted by the decision, I hate that it is happening to him but it is what it is.

Hope this helps Mike! 

You have a gun in your house, you are obviously a bit of a republican nutjob and yet you want to lecture other people on gun control ? I'm with the mechanic on this one !
As for not fixing your car ?  who among us would not eventually crack if continually asked to fix cheap bangers plastered with Armagh stickers and smelling of buckfast.

So let me get this straight, I have a small handgun and that makes me a 'republican right wing nutjob'

I dont lecture anyone on anything Mike, I offered my opinion to a friend, you cant tell the difference between a .22 and a semi automatic so you best keep quiet and take another hit of whatever helps you get through the day.

Mike, that last line just about sums you up, a sad, ignorant wee man who is wrong on all fronts.

Have it in you Mike to say fair enough when it is obvious that, as usual, you are wrong, it's called humility, look it up brother! :)

Count 10

Do you have to renew your gun licence every year?

stew

Quote from: Count 10 on March 29, 2013, 07:10:50 PM

Google it newbie!

Tony Baloney

Not if you keep it under the floorboards.

Count 10

Quote from: stew on March 29, 2013, 08:43:15 PM

Google it newbie!

Thanks for the insight "Hero".
Seems any dickhead can get a gun 8)

Puckoon

A true hero doesn't need a gun.

theticklemister