Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

All bar the 2 reds during the match overturned, lucky Joe Duffy is not on the radio tomorrow!

laceer

Armagh's behaviour after the game now matching their behaviour during it. Unreal.

armaghniac

Quote from: laceer on June 23, 2018, 12:47:34 AM
Armagh's behaviour after the game now matching their behaviour during it. Unreal.

Winners?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyHarp

So 7 of the suspensions have been overturned? Really? So only 3 Armagh players have been deemed to do anything wrong? What charges were levelled against the other 7 oringinally? How have they got off? Clarity is needed here because the next time a game descends into a full scale brawl we need to know what we can't and can do?? I need to tell my underage lads what the dos and don'ts are as they wade into a field fight. The GAA disciplinary system is a complete joke. How many more of these embarrassing appeals needs to happen before the GAA have the balls to re-write the fecking rule book and close loopholes and implement huge extensions to bans for unsuccessful appeals?
That was never a square ball!!

Throw ball

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 23, 2018, 01:36:57 AM
So 7 of the suspensions have been overturned? Really? So only 3 Armagh players have been deemed to do anything wrong? What charges were levelled against the other 7 oringinally? How have they got off? Clarity is needed here because the next time a game descends into a full scale brawl we need to know what we can't and can do?? I need to tell my underage lads what the dos and don'ts are as they wade into a field fight. The GAA disciplinary system is a complete joke. How many more of these embarrassing appeals needs to happen before the GAA have the balls to re-write the fecking rule book and close loopholes and implement huge extensions to bans for unsuccessful appeals?

Only 2 suspended. One player was successful on the initial appeal. The whole drama will not help Armagh preparations for final but that is a separate issue.

Like it or not every player has the right to appeal and if the outcome is he is cleared to play that has to be respected. You would wonder how so many were cleared. Armagh were understandably aggrieved that so many had been suspended and the length of those suspensions. Appeals were therefore inevitable.

It is amusing how many are bad mouthing Armagh for appealing when we know that nearly every club, player and County would do exactly the same. Nonetheless this kind of thing cannot be allowed to continue. Someone could get seriously hurt. As you say the rulebook needs sorted.

On a final note the method of running down of the clock in the manner adapted in many games eg last year's All Ireland final makes such brawls more likely IMHO. Maybe if we tackle the spark we reduce the fires.

jp2020

I find it laughable that so many Tyrone people are slating Armagh and the circus around these suspensions! We wrote the book on appeals and won a few allirelands on the back of it, also for clarity ref. Fergal Logan!

Tyrone started the fight and Armagh finished it, so dont give me this high moral ground cr@p! If our lads directed by their brainless management had continued to play football instead of getting involved in the usual shit of goading etc etc, and then overstepping the mark by hitting an opponent, we would now be calling Armagh sore losers! We even embarassed ourselves even more by appealing the result, how long can we stoop?!

This whole debacle has taken away from the game itself, which should be replayed on tv (possibly tg4 as others wont bother) as it was 1 of the finest games you are likely to see!

Time to close this thread!!!

BennyHarp

Quote from: jp2020 on June 23, 2018, 08:04:25 AM

I find it laughable that so many Tyrone people are slating Armagh and the circus around these suspensions! We wrote the book on appeals and won a few allirelands on the back of it, also for clarity ref. Fergal Logan!

Tyrone started the fight and Armagh finished it, so dont give me this high moral ground cr@p! If our lads directed by their brainless management had continued to play football instead of getting involved in the usual shit of goading etc etc, and then overstepping the mark by hitting an opponent, we would now be calling Armagh sore losers! We even embarassed ourselves even more by appealing the result, how long can we stoop?!

This whole debacle has taken away from the game itself, which should be replayed on tv (possibly tg4 as others wont bother) as it was 1 of the finest games you are likely to see!

Time to close this thread!!!

Aye close the thread with the argument "that you started it." Ffs grow up. Read back on this thread, half of it is righteous Armagh posters criticising Tyrone for appealing the result of the game then their county board go and appeal all ten suspensions. They very quickly gave up the moral high ground in this one. But I'm not actually criticising Armagh for appealing, it's the whole culture of appealing everything in that pisses me off...and yes that includes Tyrone.

tonto1888

I agree with a lot of this but can't say the appeals were embarrassing without knowing anything about them. Who was suspended, why and what grounds the appeals were based on.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2018, 09:13:57 AM

I agree with a lot of this but can't say the appeals were embarrassing without knowing anything about them. Who was suspended, why and what grounds the appeals were based on.

I meant embarrassing for the GAA as once again the disciplinary procedures are shown up to be flimsy in a high profile case. It's not embarrassing for Armagh, they did what they had to do and it paid off.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 23, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

I meant embarrassing for the GAA as once again the disciplinary procedures are shown up to be flimsy in a high profile case. It's not embarrassing for Armagh, they did what they had to do and it paid off.

+1

Typical clowns at Ulster Council level who should know the rules and the evidence required before a suspension can be implemented.  They just did a blanket ban on everyone who could be seen in the melee using the team sheets knowing that appeals would be instigated and the next level would have to sort it out, pushing it off their agenda.

Those on the disciplinary committee who proposed the suspensions have brought the system into disrepute. They should have taken the time to identify air-tight suspensions and issued a statement condemning the behaviour and highlighting for the authorities the need to have proper sanctions for a melee of this scale.

Rules should be available to sanctions all in charge of under age squads for failing to maintain discipline when a melee erupts, managers and coaches should take the brunt and county boards should be hit with serious fines. Players should be disciplined if correctly identified but this is very difficult in something that erupts quickly and lasts less than a couple of minutes.  Both teams should be sanctioned by being ejected from the competition.

There is no excuse for behaviour as seen at the semi final, even if the opposition is Tyrone and they are up to their usual tactics off the ball.  ;)

Ulster Council should have had the courage to eject both team, declare Derry the winners and who is really concerned that the is no game before 12pm on Ulster Final day, very few would be there to see it anyway.

A severe lack of courage is all around when it comes to dealing with matters like this by Ulster Council and this incident highlights them all.

redzone

Is to late to throw Armagh out

general_lee

See Tyrone c***ts still yapping

Get it right up ye

tonto1888

Ah right, I get ye. Yes, I agree with that also

tonto1888

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 23, 2018, 10:48:55 AM

+1

Typical clowns at Ulster Council level who should know the rules and the evidence required before a suspension can be implemented.  They just did a blanket ban on everyone who could be seen in the melee using the team sheets knowing that appeals would be instigated and the next level would have to sort it out, pushing it off their agenda.

Those on the disciplinary committee who proposed the suspensions have brought the system into disrepute. They should have taken the time to identify air-tight suspensions and issued a statement condemning the behaviour and highlighting for the authorities the need to have proper sanctions for a melee of this scale.

Rules should be available to sanctions all in charge of under age squads for failing to maintain discipline when a melee erupts, managers and coaches should take the brunt and county boards should be hit with serious fines. Players should be disciplined if correctly identified but this is very difficult in something that erupts quickly and lasts less than a couple of minutes.  Both teams should be sanctioned by being ejected from the competition.

There is no excuse for behaviour as seen at the semi final, even if the opposition is Tyrone and they are up to their usual tactics off the ball.  ;)

Ulster Council should have had the courage to eject both team, declare Derry the winners and who is really concerned that the is no game before 12pm on Ulster Final day, very few would be there to see it anyway.

A severe lack of courage is all around when it comes to dealing with matters like this by Ulster Council and this incident highlights them all.

Throwing both teams out only punishes one team unless the ban carries over. In which case that could punish players who had nothing to do with it and cost them their only involvement in a county set up.

blewuporstuffed

I cant for the life of me work out how they cant make a suspension stick for the boys that came off the bench and got involved in the melee.

The whole disciplinary system is a shambles
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either