Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outsideoftheboot

send me video footage of a tyrone man striking in this game and prove me wrong. I hope you can prove me wrong. there is plenty of evidence and footage of the other boys but.

BennyHarp

So Armagh are appealing all 10 suspensions. Ffs, the GAA disciplinary procedures are utterly useless. Does the Armagh Co Board really believe that not one Armagh player deserves a suspension? Like I said before, a newly rewritten rule book is needed so loopholes are eliminated and decisions are more water tight. I'd double suspensions if appeals are unsuccessful.

No doubt those posters falling over themselves to condemn Tyrone's appeal last week will be doing the same again here??
That was never a square ball!!

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 18, 2018, 07:43:25 PM
So Armagh are appealing all 10 suspensions. Ffs, the GAA disciplinary procedures are utterly useless. Does the Armagh Co Board really believe that not one Armagh player deserves a suspension? Like I said before, a newly rewritten rule book is needed so loopholes are eliminated and decisions are more water tight. I'd double suspensions if appeals are unsuccessful.

No doubt those posters falling over themselves to condemn Tyrone's appeal last week will be doing the same again here??

One in, all in. But it is simply a reflection of the general attitude that no club will ever own up even if one of its players decks someone or no hospital will ever own up however bad their treatment of a sick person is.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Is it not in American football that if u appeal a suspension and fail, the suspension will is increased! Or to appeal you put up a considerable amount of money like a bond which you only get back if successful! You would need something like that for the gaelic, A lawyer needs to go the gaa handbook and tighten it up!

smelmoth

Firstly the disciplinary system is a mess. It needs a root and branch review. The rules need to be tightened and fishing expedition style appeals need to be discouraged

Each individual Armagh appeal may have merit but I agree that is unlikely. If these are appeals by or for the guilty then I agree they are shameful. It's ifs and buts though unless you know the detail. Which will probably never emerge

tonto1888

Are we really appealing all ten? That's a joke.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2018, 09:25:20 PM

http://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/286666
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 18, 2018, 09:28:29 PM

I think Tyrone's appeal was vindictive. Could be wrong mind, but it's what I think. However if we are appealing because some young players are gonna miss out on a big game that is plain stupid. Obviously I dunno the grounds of the appeals or which players have been banned but from the video some players look bang to rights

omaghjoe

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2018, 09:31:40 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 18, 2018, 09:28:29 PM

I think Tyrone's appeal was vindictive. Could be wrong mind, but it's what I think. However if we are appealing because some young players are gonna miss out on a big game that is plain stupid. Obviously I dunno the grounds of the appeals or which players have been banned but from the video some players look bang to rights

What iabout appealing to punish random thugs polluting the sport

David McKeown

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2018, 08:38:16 PM
Is it not in American football that if u appeal a suspension and fail, the suspension will is increased! Or to appeal you put up a considerable amount of money like a bond which you only get back if successful! You would need something like that for the gaelic, A lawyer needs to go the gaa handbook and tighten it up!

Lawyers have been through them. The problem is the lack of appetite for root and branch restructuring at the upper levels. Not to mention the amount of red tape that has to be gone through to make the necessary changes.

The other more serious issue is the lack of legal qualified people sitting on the panels that hand out the bans. No point in a water tight rule book when those implementing bans don't understand it as it is.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Stan Laurel

The fact is there is an appeals process, Tyrone's appeal was utterly pathetic and petty, I am sure some of the Armagh appeals are based on genuine belief that there was no infraction of the rules, appealing all 10 is also pathetic, as I said before and someone else alluded to if you appeal and are unsuccessful the county board should get a huge fine for each appeal that fails.

illdecide

Bottom line is if Tyrone were in the final they'd be appealing too (all suspensions), Armagh are not doing anything that any other county wouldn't do. If all 10 remain ban is it worth even turning up?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

naka

why is appealing all ten a joke.
I take it you have never been involved in the legal process  ;)
its always the case you appeal all in the expectation of being successful in a few.

Wildweasel74

If u caught on video striking a player you hardly a leg to stand on! Punishment should be doubled for wasting peoples time!

general_lee

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 19, 2018, 09:06:48 AM
If u caught on video striking a player you hardly a leg to stand on! Punishment should be doubled for wasting peoples time!
They can only use official footage. So if they suspend players based on something that was videoed from the stand on some c***ts 3310 they very much have a leg to stand on.