Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

I have stated earlier that the offending manager will be rightly heavily punished and should take it on the chin.  I have no problem in punishing the offenders.  But to reward Tyrone's general sh1ttiness and poor sportsmanship by throwing the Armagh squad out of the competition would stick in me and would only escalate the antagonism between the counties.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Armamike

Quote from: general_lee on June 14, 2018, 02:18:44 PM
Quote from: Bisbee on June 14, 2018, 12:56:04 PM
Having been at the game I didn't get the impression that Armagh set out to start a row.  It just escalated from a few Tyrone players starting to taunt, goad and wrestle with their opponents in the last minute of extra time.  Don't understand why they simply did not focus on gaining possession, holding onto the ball and seeing out the last minute of the game.  Sad statement on the state of things that after a magnificent effort from both sides that the focus of a few players at the end was to try and humiliate and taunt their opponents.  Does not at all excuse the bench clearing rush from Armagh and scenes that followed.  But Armagh did not start a row because they thought they were beaten.

The elephant in the room here is Tyrone and their complete lack of class. This is a county where most of the population dress like its 2001 and grown men still think it acceptable to run about with their hair dyed blonde using their sister's peroxide.

So when it comes to seeing out a game in the dying minutes, instead of just getting the job done, this utter ballbagness that is ingrained into every Tyronie from the day they're born comes to the fore. Of course things backfired, and being the shower of yaps that they are would rather see Armagh out as well as themselves just to be spiteful c***ts.

Reminds me of nights out in Armagh and Cookstown back in the day, they were the same then when Armagh boys curted their women, started rows because they all they were left with was to curt their cousins on the bus home

Very true  :)
That's just, like your opinion man.

yellowcard

It would be common sense if Tyrone withdrew their appeal even now, this thread will explode tonight if Armagh get chucked out becuase of the appeal and no doubt Tyrone will get the blame. 

screenexile

Having been at the game I didn't get the impression that Armagh set out to start a row.  It just escalated from a few Tyrone players starting to taunt, goad and wrestle with their opponents in the last minute of extra time.  Don't understand why they simply did not focus on gaining possession, holding onto the ball and seeing out the last minute of the game.  Sad statement on the state of things that after a magnificent effort from both sides that the focus of a few players at the end was to try and humiliate and taunt their opponents.  Does not at all excuse the bench clearing rush from Armagh and scenes that followed.  But Armagh did not start a row because they thought they were beaten.

The elephant in the room here is Tyrone and their complete lack of class. This is a county where most of the population dress like its 2001 and grown men still think it acceptable to run about with their hair dyed blonde using their sister's peroxide.

So when it comes to seeing out a game in the dying minutes, instead of just getting the job done, this utter ballbagness that is ingrained into every Tyronie from the day they're born comes to the fore. Of course things backfired, and being the shower of yaps that they are would rather see Armagh out as well as themselves just to be spiteful c***ts.

Reminds me of nights out in Armagh and Cookstown back in the day, they were the same then when Armagh boys curted their women, started rows because they all they were left with was to curt their cousins on the bus home

First class!!!

longballin

Quote from: screenexile on June 14, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

First class!!!

Though I am from Tyrone that is funny  :D 

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: longballin on June 14, 2018, 03:08:03 PM

First class!!!

It's funny because it's true!!!

BennyHarp

Its the genuine pain in this sort of post, knowing that it was caused by Tyrone, which brings me the most joy. Armagh actually won the game and we still can bring this out in them. Much as i'd like us to withdraw the appeal (you have suffered enough) in many ways this is classic Armagh baiting from our county board. I'd nearly forgotten how enjoyable it was to read the desperate ramblings of Armagh posters. Brings back fond memories of 2003 and 2005. Good times  8)
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

Quote from: mackers on June 14, 2018, 02:24:08 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 12:30:46 PM
Quote from: Bisbee on June 14, 2018, 12:26:25 PM
As others have pointed out previously-how would any team being kicked out be an actual punishment for Tyrone?
Already beaten.

I would imagine they would fine both counties as well that would be a punishment for Tyrone - given the fact that Armagh probably got heavily involved in the row because they thought they where going out (point down and time up) maybe not rewarding that type of behaviour is the right thing to do?
What colour is the sky in your world?  Why would Armagh start a row when they were a point down?  Where is the thinking in that?  It would have been more in Tyrone's interests to start a row to use up time and hope that the referee wouldn't allow extra minutes on at the end.
Just when you thought you couldn't think anything less of Tyrone they manage to go lower.  It'll be a complete disgrace if both teams are threw out.

If your read my post and the post after i am not claiming Armagh started the row just saying they seemed fairly wreckless in what they did after it started which some have said was due to the fact that they thought they where out and didn't feel that punishment would be too hurtful. Or maybes its because they're general Armagh hard men!!

If Armagh are thrown out I don't think they can complain too much (that will be seperate from the Tyrone appeal) - If they are thrown out i'd be pointing a big large finger at their manager involved who would have only himself to blame.

Has he apologised yet?

mackers

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 14, 2018, 03:17:44 PM
Its the genuine pain in this sort of post, knowing that it was caused by Tyrone, which brings me the most joy. Armagh actually won the game and we still can bring this out in them. Much as i'd like us to withdraw the appeal (you have suffered enough) in many ways this is classic Armagh baiting from our county board. I'd nearly forgotten how enjoyable it was to read the desperate ramblings of Armagh posters. Brings back fond memories of 2003 and 2005. Good times  8)
Whatever floats your boat Benny.  If you're happy that whilst your county board are making dicks out of the Tyrone GAA public (as many Tyrone posters including yourself have alluded to) it's getting the rise out of a few Armagh posters on here then work away.
The Tyrone psyche is an interesting one.

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 14, 2018, 11:10:01 AM
Quote from: general_lee on June 14, 2018, 10:32:53 AM
Just man up and take your batin ye shower of bog dwelling midgets

I'll refer you to the Armagh supporters response after 2003. We had to beat you again in 2005 to hammer home the point.

Don't mention 05. That was harder to take than 03

longballin

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 14, 2018, 03:12:07 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 14, 2018, 03:08:03 PM

First class!!!

It's funny because it's true!!!

Nah Tyrone women wudnt look sideways at Armagh munchies

mackers

Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 03:26:14 PM

If your read my post and the post after i am not claiming Armagh started the row just saying they seemed fairly wreckless in what they did after it started which some have said was due to the fact that they thought they where out and didn't feel that punishment would be too hurtful. Or maybes its because they're general Armagh hard men!!

If Armagh are thrown out I don't think they can complain too much (that will be seperate from the Tyrone appeal) - If they are thrown out i'd be pointing a big large finger at their manager involved who would have only himself to blame.

Has he apologised yet?
[/quote]
I don't imagine anyone in the Armagh camp will be pointing the finger at Martin McQuillan.  Stop trying to turn this into something it's not.  I'd say Martin will apologise to those who he feels he needs to apologise to if required.  He'll not need some Tyrone poster trying to take the higher moral ground on the GaaBoard to force him into it. 

tonto1888

Chatting to a guy today and he said the basis of the appeal is not that players were brought back on for extra time. That's allowee. Rather that one of the players brought back on was the player who got sent off for two yellow cards. Apparently that's not allowed

WT4E

Quote from: mackers on June 14, 2018, 03:47:59 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 03:26:14 PM

Has he apologised yet?
I don't imagine anyone in the Armagh camp will be pointing the finger at Martin McQuillan.  Stop trying to turn this into something it's not.  I'd say Martin will apologise to those who he feels he needs to apologise to if required.  He'll not need some Tyrone poster trying to take the higher moral ground on the GaaBoard to force him into it.
[/quote]

Mackers your psyche is an interesting one - If Martin had of behaved the game would have finished without major incident whoever was victorious (probably Tyrone) - Armagh can bury their heads in the sand as much as they want but thats the reality! I think it says more about Armagh than Tyrone if they are backing McQuillan on this one.

mackers

Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 04:06:31 PM
Mackers your psyche is an interesting one - If Martin had of behaved the game would have finished without major incident whoever was victorious (probably Tyrone) - Armagh can bury their heads in the sand as much as they want but thats the reality! I think it says more about Armagh than Tyrone if they are backing McQuillan on this one.
[/quote]
This is my last post on the matter because this is getting stupid now. You're seriously saying that Tyrone would have won without Martin MCQuillan doing what he did.  Seriously?? How can you possibly say that??