Another Fresh Start for Team Mayo

Started by Lar Naparka, December 30, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

They were robbed v Kerry last year .

Again it's a lot to do with the  championship structure , if they beat Kerry ,they would be a confident group going into a q/f .

Who would you put before cork in terms of pecking order ?

"An asses roar of an all Ireland semi final " ? 2014 v Mayo in q/f
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Mayo 1-11 Fermanagh 0-8 in the North West U21 cup today. Donegal 2-7 Sligo 0-9 the other group result.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Beffs on January 02, 2016, 02:08:56 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 01, 2016, 12:37:47 PM
Rossfan, you can see why Mayo people believe that this is their year. Many of them, on other forums  and on the street, believe that they have a ''direct run'' to the final, as they are on what they regard as the '' weak side'' of the draw. Dublin and Kerry will annihilate each other in the semi final, leaving the winner too drained to stop Rochford's mighty Mayo in the final. Then to top it all off, even Old Moore is predicting Mayo's glory is upon us. Who are we Rossfan, humble Rossies, to argue with such logic. Happy New Year  :(

Because that worked out oh so well for them, back in 2013.  ::)

Quote from: larryin89 on December 30, 2015, 10:08:06 PM
Who is the best equipped teams in Ireland to stop Dublin getting back to back ! Kerry, Tyrone , Donegal,Cork and I'd make Ourselves out to be in that category some might even say in form terms we'd be top of that pile ..

When people talk, about the counties that are likely to win Sam, they always seem to say Cork AND Kerry, the way that you say salt AND vinegar, or cheese AND onion, when you talking about your favorite crisp. Like it's an automatic thing. You can't have one with out the other.

I don't get that. Not given their recent history and current state of disaray. When was the last time Cork came within an arses roar of an All Ireland semi final, never mind a final...2011, 2012?

Cork won their last AI in 2010..... not a very long time ago. They have a huge number of football clubs. They have been almost guaranteed a last 12 place every year. They would have beaten Kerry last year, but for a ridiculous referee decision.

larryin89

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 02, 2016, 05:48:20 PM
Mayo 1-11 Fermanagh 0-8 in the North West U21 cup today. Donegal 2-7 Sligo 0-9 the other group result.

I don't suppose you have the team from Mayo . The lack of info from this game is mind boggling considering today's internet world .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Beffs

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 02, 2016, 05:57:44 PM
Cork won their last AI in 2010..... not a very long time ago. They have a huge number of football clubs. They have been almost guaranteed a last 12 place every year. They would have beaten Kerry last year, but for a ridiculous referee decision.

Yeah, I know that mathematically they are a banker for the last round of the qualifiers, at the very worst, given the draw in Munster. Top 12 is one thing. Being a genuine contender for Sam is another thing entirely. Kerry had a very bad day at the office in the first Munster final, but Cork were well beaten in the replay and as for the game against Kildare....the less said about that the better, especially when you consider what happened to Kildare in their next game. Given how last year ended for them and their managerial turnover, I still don't see how people can genuinely rank them as contenders. Giving a sluggish Kerry side their fill of it, in mid July is one thing. Doing it in September, in Croke Park, is another thing entirely.

heffo

rosnarun

I Don't think Maurice and Liam Horan are related . Liam is from the Neale though seems to be associated more with ballinrobe now.
Great man to have on board
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

sans pessimism

Quote from: rosnarun on January 06, 2016, 01:45:08 PM
I Don't think Maurice and Liam Horan are related . Liam is from the Neale though seems to be associated more with ballinrobe now.
Great man to have on board
Brothers they are
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

seafoid

2 good forwards in thoul FBD apparently . Adam Gallagher and Evan Regan

I wish Mayo would jusht do it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/the-25-best-mayo-players-of-the-past-25-years-29592429.html

Not many of the current panel chosen and Vaughan one of them? Then again a pinch of salt should be taken with this journalist.

Who was the 25 best Mayo players of the last 25 years according to the Mayo posters here?

seafoid

McHale,  Nallen, McDonald, AOS for starters
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 16, 2016, 04:53:23 PM
http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/the-25-best-mayo-players-of-the-past-25-years-29592429.html

Not many of the current panel chosen and Vaughan one of them? Then again a pinch of salt should be taken with this journalist.

Who was the 25 best Mayo players of the last 25 years according to the Mayo posters here?

Ah, Jez, the best - the Best! We have had a few decent stalwarts. It's hard to believe we had so little success in the late 50's, 60's and 70's. These three eras did untold damage to us as a football county. 25 years in the abyss. No standard bearers. It would scare you to think of it. Two Connacht titles in 25 years. No one could value more the break through in 1981. True we were still miles of the mark, but at least we were moving in the right direction.

Lar Naparka

1   Ciaran McDonald
2   Padraig Brogan
3   Liam McHale
4  James Nallen
5   Kevin O'Neill
6  Willie Joe Padden
7  Pat Fallon
8  James Horan
9  Kenneth Mortimer
10 Aidan O'Sé
11 Keith Higgins
12 Andy Moran
13 Kenneth Mortimer
14  Noel Connelly
15  Colm Boyle
16  Kevin Cahill
17  Noel Connelly
18 Trevor Mortimer
19 Dermot Flanagan
20 Conor Mortimer
21  David Heaney
22 Lee Keegan
23 Cillian O'Connor
24 Donal Vaughan
25 Alan Dillon
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2016, 10:35:06 PM
1   Ciaran McDonald
2   Padraig Brogan
3   Liam McHale
4  James Nallen
5   Kevin O'Neill
6  Willie Joe Padden
7  Pat Fallon
8  James Horan
9  Kenneth Mortimer
10 Aidan O'Sé
11 Keith Higgins
12 Andy Moran
13 Kenneth Mortimer
14  Noel Connelly
15  Colm Boyle
16  Kevin Cahill
17  Noel Connelly
18 Trevor Mortimer
19 Dermot Flanagan
20 Conor Mortimer
21  David Heaney
22 Lee Keegan
23 Cillian O'Connor
24 Donal Vaughan
25 Alan Dillon

I can stretch the imagination some way, but P. Brogan as a corner back!
MWWSI 2017

maigheo

You must be on the aul soup Lar.You have a few names down twice and also this article  was published in 2013.