Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Roadhouse. I've never seen the original so I lack nostalgia. This is about a 3/10. But every scene with mcgregor lowers the score. Hopefully that is his 1st and last film.

J70

I love the original. Brilliant 80s nonsense, helped in no small part by casting the likes of Swayze, Elliott and Ben Gazzara.

New one looks shite from the trailer.

nrico2006

Original was miles better. This one was pretty poor and seemed to use CGI a bit in scenes where it wasn't needed. McGregor was terrible.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Quote from: lurganblue on March 29, 2024, 04:59:01 PMRoadhouse. I've never seen the original so I lack nostalgia. This is about a 3/10. But every scene with mcgregor lowers the score. Hopefully that is his 1st and last film.

The original, I think, is very good. I don't know whose idea it was to put Conor mcgregor in this but it was a very bad one. The guy is a muppet.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 29, 2024, 09:57:30 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 29, 2024, 04:59:01 PMRoadhouse. I've never seen the original so I lack nostalgia. This is about a 3/10. But every scene with mcgregor lowers the score. Hopefully that is his 1st and last film.

The original, I think, is very good. I don't know whose idea it was to put Conor mcgregor in this but it was a very bad one. The guy is a muppet.
It wasn't really a stretch for him. "Okay Connor in this scene I need you to act liked a swaggering coked up moron." 

LC

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 29, 2024, 10:00:27 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 29, 2024, 09:57:30 PM

It wasn't really a stretch for him. "Okay Connor in this scene I need you to act liked a swaggering coked up moron." 

Both points are bang on, McGregor is a complete nob.

Setting that aside Jake Gyllenhall was in some nick.

JimStynes

Defo on the PEDs for that!

Look-Up!

Unfortunately the yanks might lap up McGregor's character. Only saw the trailers but he looked more like a paddywhack baddie Mike Myers might play in Austin Powers.

tbrick18

Took the kids to see the new Ghostbusters movie last night.
Didn't really live up to the expectations, but was still a solid 7/10.
Lots of really obvious nods to the originals and cameo's from the original team helped it along.
It was just a little slow moving.
Kids loved it.

bennydorano

Watched a great Australian horror film called Talk to Me, really good for that type of film. I'll give it a year or 2 b4 it gets a Hollywood remake.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on April 01, 2024, 11:46:55 PMWatched a great Australian horror film called Talk to Me, really good for that type of film. I'll give it a year or 2 b4 it gets a Hollywood remake.
Is that the one with the hand? Great movie. I'm not a massive fan of horrors but watched this at Halloween and really enjoyed it.

Jell 0 Biafra

Thought that one was crap myself.  Usually enjoy Aussie horror, but not this one.

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2024, 05:00:46 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 27, 2024, 03:32:51 PMDune part two is an absolute masterpiece in film making. Loved it so much I saw it twice.
Watched it on Monday. Absolutely class.
Does it matter if I haven't watched the first Dune film or read the book,to enjoy Dune 2?

gallsman

Absolutely need to have seen part one.

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 02, 2024, 12:08:40 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 01, 2024, 11:46:55 PMWatched a great Australian horror film called Talk to Me, really good for that type of film. I'll give it a year or 2 b4 it gets a Hollywood remake.
Is that the one with the hand? Great movie. I'm not a massive fan of horrors but watched this at Halloween and really enjoyed it.
Yip. Loved it