Limerick v Mayo, Gaelic Grounds. 9/6/18.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 06, 2018, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 10:14:22 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 11, 2018, 09:34:48 PM
And you're a Mayo person .....I doubt it somehow

So does that mean I can't call it as it is? I've had a ST and been to every game for years, can't stand him

Is it any wonder most decent posters like moysider have abandoned this place when this is the sort of muck that gets posted.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Tubberman on June 11, 2018, 10:32:03 PM

So does that mean I can't call it as it is? I've had a ST and been to every game for years, can't stand him

Is it any wonder most decent posters like moysider have abandoned this place when this is the sort of muck that gets posted.

So we aren't allowed to question things? Cillian O'Connor isn't a marquee forward and I don't see what's so ridiculous about that statement
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Westside

Is there a better forward than him in Connacht? Maybe Andy Moran on a good day.. Certainly nobody from Roscommon or Galway comes close. Every other county would give their right arm to have a player like O'Connor.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Westside on June 11, 2018, 10:36:46 PM
Is there a better forward than him in Connacht? Maybe Andy Moran on a good day.. Certainly nobody from Roscommon or Galway comes close. Every other county would give their right arm to have a player like O'Connor.

Based on overall play? I'd say Damien Comer and Shane Walsh anyway. Barry McHugh looks a reliable free taker but he'll have to prove himself in a lot more high pressure situations to be compared to O'Connor

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 10:39:13 PM

Based on overall play? I'd say Damien Comer and Shane Walsh anyway. Barry McHugh looks a reliable free taker but he'll have to prove himself in a lot more high pressure situations to be compared to O'Connor

Comer and Walsh are good players but both of them were held scoreless against Kerry last summer. Cillian kicked 3 from play against that same Kerry defence a few weeks later. What makes their overall play so much better? In terms of scoring, creating scores and work rate off the ball.

Syferus

Not that you'd realise it, but it's this needlessly defensive posturing that holds back discussion. If you can disprove or dispute what someone says go ahead and do it but few fall for the high horse mounting routine.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 11, 2018, 10:46:27 PM

Comer and Walsh are good players but both of them were held scoreless against Kerry last summer. Cillian kicked 3 from play against that same Kerry defence a few weeks later. What makes their overall play so much better? In terms of scoring, creating scores and work rate off the ball.

It is to be noted that Mayo were far more in that game against Galway were. Shane Walsh is far more erratic I'll give you that although I feel he's a more skilful player. O'Connor a better finisher though. I'm open to correction but I feel Comer contributes more to open play and is more important to Galways game. But again O'Connor a better kicker.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 10:49:30 PM

Not that you'd realise it, but it's this needlessly defensive posturing that holds back discussion. If you can disprove or disputed what some says go ahead and do it but few fall for the high horse mounting routine.

Just responding to his doubts is all

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 10:49:45 PM

It is to be noted that Mayo were far more in that game against Galway were. Shane Walsh is far more erratic I'll give you that although I feel he's a more skilful player. O'Connor a better finisher though. I'm open to correction but I feel Comer contributes more to open play and is more important to Galways game. But again O'Connor a better kicker.

Maybe the reason Mayo were far more in the game is that Cillian and others got stuck in and exploited weaknesses in the Kerry team. You believe Shane Walsh is better player but have little substance to back it up. I've yet to see Comer properly roast a top team in championship either.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 11, 2018, 11:05:17 PM

Maybe the reason Mayo were far more in the game is that Cillian and others got stuck in and exploited weaknesses in the Kerry team. You believe Shane Walsh is better player but have little substance to back it up. I've yet to see Comer properly roast a top team in championship either.

Fair point but you still have to consider the system, set up of the team and players around them.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 11:06:58 PM

Fair point but you still have to consider the system, set up of the team and players around them.

Ian Burke and Sean Armstrong scored well that day so you can't just give Walsh and Comer a free pass.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 11, 2018, 11:22:45 PM

Ian Burke and Sean Armstrong scored well that day so you can't just give Walsh and Comer a free pass.

"That day" I'm sure you could make that point about any player

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 11:24:33 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on June 11, 2018, 11:22:45 PM

"That day" I'm sure you could make that point about any player

Don't even know what your point is tbh.

Mayo4Sam14

Put it this way, OConnor has definitely proven himself more often throughout the years but if I had to pick a team for the Summer I'd take Comer over him (provided we had someone to take the frees)

MayoBuck

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 11:30:56 PM
Put it this way, OConnor has definitely proven himself more often throughout the years but if I had to pick a team for the Summer I'd take Comer over him (provided we had someone to take the frees)

Sure we'll just let McLoughlin and Doherty take the frees, that always goes well...