American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

How Hue Jackson still has a job as a head coach in the NFL is mind boggling....

Carmen Stateside

Well here he comes thanks to an injury to taylor!

Oraisteach

From abysmal to, eh, blissfull!

Here we go, Brownies, here we go! Woof! Woof!

cadhlancian

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 21, 2018, 02:39:45 AM

It is amazing really. Browns haven't a bad roster at all....really shouldn't have only 2 wins out of Hue's 35 games in charge. Decent RB coach but a joke of a head coach. Thst winless streak was the second worst since the AFL/NFL merger. Astonishing.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 21, 2018, 09:15:58 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on September 21, 2018, 02:39:45 AM

It is amazing really. Browns haven't a bad roster at all....really shouldn't have only 2 wins out of Hue's 35 games in charge. Decent RB coach but a joke of a head coach. Thst winless streak was the second worst since the AFL/NFL merger. Astonishing.

Weren't they incredibly unlucky in multiple games last year?

AZOffaly

They were. Having said that, Jackson appears to be a bit of a bluffer. He's all sound bites. Todd Haley will be the next HC in Cleveland I bet.

Also, that might be the end of Tyrod as a starter. He was poor. That underthrow to Calloway was criminal, and he tried to blame the receiver for it.

Minder

Looks like a season ending injury for Jimmy G
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Bills and Cards (in progress) dominating today. Wtf is going on

magpie seanie

Go Bears. Top of the NFC North!

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 24, 2018, 12:42:30 AM

Enjoy it while you can because Trubisky is going to cost that team badly.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on September 24, 2018, 12:08:54 PM

he has been terrible so far this season - I'd imagine his stats are about 50% completion - the amount of overthrown and underthrown passes is shocking at that level  - commentators love it
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Iceman on September 24, 2018, 12:46:36 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 24, 2018, 12:08:54 PM

he has been terrible so far this season - I'd imagine his stats are about 50% completion - the amount of overthrown and underthrown passes is shocking at that level  - commentators love it

Missed a lot of long throws last night. Was 22 of 35 last night (68.6%). For this season he is 72 for 104 (69.2%). He's not Arron Rodgers or Tom Brady but with a superb defence you don't need to be either of those guys to do well. Bortles, Foles, Keenum, Goff testament to that. He's young and he'll improve. Hopefully enough.

Syferus

Goff, Good Foles and Keenum are far better than Trubisky. Of that list, only really Bortles is comparable in his dedication to mediocrity.

Minder

You would I think Trubisky has a lot more upside that Keenum, Goff shaping up to be very good & he seems to be in a good situation with the weapons and HC he has. I wouldn't be writing Trubisky off just yet.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"