Masterchef Ireland

Started by Mayo4Sam, September 08, 2011, 10:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Anyone watching this?
Early doors it looks
Like your man from Louth, they had to warn him that professionals weren't allowed. Blonde bird the first nite looked handy as well. Was surprised that only about 50% of the contestants seemed to be originally from Ireland.
Thought your man in the cook off the first nite, Pearce, seemed hard done by, looked like he was through for sure
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tony Baloney

How often is it on? Seen it the other night and think it was pretty good. The standard they're looking for seems higher than the British version.

Mayo4Sam

I've never seen the starting weeks of the English one but I thought some of the dishes were brutal, I thought I could have made them & while I'm alright in the kitchen I'm no chef!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 08, 2011, 11:56:44 PM
I've never seen the starting weeks of the English one but I thought some of the dishes were brutal, I thought I could have made them & while I'm alright in the kitchen I'm no chef!

In fairness though none of the contestants are chefs either.
I think the judges were overly harsh on some of them,it was like they were expecting Michelin star chefs right from the off.
The whole concept is to get a amateur with signs of some talent and turn them into a top chef.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 08, 2011, 10:49:01 PM
Anyone watching this?
Early doors it looks
Like your man from Louth, they had to warn him that professionals weren't allowed. Blonde bird the first nite looked handy as well. Was surprised that only about 50% of the contestants seemed to be originally from Ireland.

I'm not surprised about that. Ireland doesn't have a national cuisine or cooking tradition like a lot of other countries.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 09, 2011, 09:15:41 AM
Anyone watching this?
Early doors it looks

I'm not surprised about that. Ireland doesn't have a national cuisine or cooking tradition like a lot of other countries.
The fry? Spuds, bacon and cabbage? I could go on...

Hardy

What next - competitive hoovering?

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Puckoon

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 09, 2011, 09:17:40 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 09, 2011, 09:15:41 AM
Anyone watching this?
Early doors it looks

The fry? Spuds, bacon and cabbage? I could go on...

Could you though? Past Champ and stew, and their variations, where are we at with national cuisine?

The Iceman

The Irish Chinese food is the best Chinese food I have had anywhere in the world......

But to your point Puck we really don't have a national cuisine like many other countries....

Any Irish man worth his salt knows our favourite dish is Corned Beef and Cabbage ;)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Boycey

Have become addicted to this show in recent weeks.

Who are the 2 pompous gits presenting it? Are they chefs or food critics?

I swear the wee female contestant gets smaller every week.

Non of the dishes so far are a patch on my fabulous chilli con carne!!!

Bingo

You use Uncle Bens for the Chilli Con carne.

One of them ran a restaurant in Ranelagh called Mint that got a Michelan star. was a tv show on it, it closed now as it was losing a ball of money despite the prices it charged. He has another, more moderately priced restaurant now. He from the North originally.

The other guy is a well know Matre de or whatever the front of house person is called! He has recently opened his own restaurant in Dublin, which is a brave move for someone of his ilk - its normally the chef that people look to, not the head waiter!

Its a great show alright, must be a brutal industry to work in at the highest level.

laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on September 28, 2011, 12:11:18 PM
Have become addicted to this show in recent weeks.

Who are the 2 pompous gits presenting it? Are they chefs or food critics?

I swear the wee female contestant gets smaller every week.

Non of the dishes so far are a patch on my fabulous chilli con carne!!!

Her helium voice is hilarious.

Good show alright,the pastry chef in the Shelbourne seemed like a right knob though.
I think the Scottish girl Claire Ann looks like a right dirty little minx..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on September 28, 2011, 12:34:09 PM
You use Uncle Bens for the Chilli Con carne.

One of them ran a restaurant in Ranelagh called Mint that got a Michelan star. was a tv show on it, it closed now as it was losing a ball of money despite the prices it charged. He has another, more moderately priced restaurant now. He from the North originally.

The other guy is a well know Matre de or whatever the front of house person is called! He has recently opened his own restaurant in Dublin, which is a brave move for someone of his ilk - its normally the chef that people look to, not the head waiter!

Its a great show alright, must be a brutal industry to work in at the highest level.

All my own work boss, a couple of top secret ingredients too  ;)

Agree with LL your man from the Shelbourne was an absolute arse, how would you resist the temption to deck the cnut?