Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Dunsilly King on July 30, 2020, 12:50:56 PM
Casements beat again. Creggan off the mark. Was tempted to go to the Casements game again, but after watching them at the weekend I couldn't see them winning. Decided to watch Cargin and Aghagallon. Cargin have alot of depth in their panel. The players that weren't playing and then the players who went off for injuries. Well over half their championship winning team off from last season and they still won. Aghagallon lively without having any real forward punch, their keeper has a beautiful kickout, is he on the any county squads? But if they couldn't bt them with so many players missing they never will.
Stewards at Ahoghill and Cargin have a lot to answer for if you've been to both grounds involving different clubs. You're allowed one club's ticket to see only that club.

paddyjohn

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 30, 2020, 05:33:54 PM
Casements beat again. Creggan off the mark. Was tempted to go to the Casements game again, but after watching them at the weekend I couldn't see them winning. Decided to watch Cargin and Aghagallon. Cargin have alot of depth in their panel. The players that weren't playing and then the players who went off for injuries. Well over half their championship winning team off from last season and they still won. Aghagallon lively without having any real forward punch, their keeper has a beautiful kickout, is he on the any county squads? But if they couldn't bt them with so many players missing they never will.
Stewards at Ahoghill and Cargin have a lot to answer for if you've been to both grounds involving different clubs. You're allowed one club's ticket to see only that club.

He's maybe bought tickets for each club or maybe he's a journo?

Dunsilly King

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 30, 2020, 05:33:54 PM

Not complicated, the brother in law had the ticket for the Cargin game and couldn't go, offered it to me 🤷‍♂️

Milltown Row2

So you're not a Cargin man?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Are there rules around this?

What are stewards supposed to do especially if you're an away fan who they don't know? Do they check id? (That is if there are rules in the first place...)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 31, 2020, 08:18:06 AM
Are there rules around this?

What are stewards supposed to do especially if you're an away fan who they don't know? Do they check id? (That is if there are rules in the first place...)

Club Covid officer?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

If you're not checking symptoms / whether a person should be isolating for people who bought a ticket then why should you be checking it on people who's name isn't on the ticket? I don't know the answer here but I'm not sure the problem?

You've been to two different grounds on two different tickets. Sure what about home and away games for your own team? That's two different grounds.

I think a problem has been brought up where there isn't one perhaps...

delgany

The 'home' clubs have no responsibility to 'away' supporters. All supporters are advised to wear a mask and bring hand sanitiser. The season ticket is the method used by each club to track and trace in the event of a covid alert. Each club should have a list of ticket holders, match day panels and club officials.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2020, 12:23:30 AM
So you're not a Cargin man?

Actually a 'blow in' with an unhealthy interest in the Gaa and go to lots and lots of games watching many teams both in Antrim Derry Down Tyrone and Armagh. As you've gather the wife and in laws etc from Carlin so would support them, but not exclusively.

The approach in controlling the numbers attending games is sound, as it ensures social distancing, therefore who attends is irrelevant as long as social distancing is respected. But in fact it is at odds with the amount of people who now attend bars, restaurants etc where social distancing under the influence is a fairy tale. Don't mention going into shops without masks🤷‍♂️
See Derry Gaa advertising more tickets for club championship games due to increased attendance based on individual ground risk assessments.

Cranfield

I thought you said you supported Creggan DK  ;)

Next thing you'll be saying your a cargin blow in from bellaghy  ;D

Went to the Creggan Portglenone match on Wednesday night. We never really looked in trouble even when they got the goal. Couldn't believe how far off last years standard PG1 were. Looked like a team with no confidence and no idea how to create chances from play. We played ok but Marty J, 2 conor McCann's and conor small didn't start.

On to Ahoghill at home on Sunday. After their result against PG1 we won't be taking them lightly that's for sure

Belfast GAA man

Really enjoying the championship to datE.
I think we should retain this format next year. EverYone knows the have a number of games before knock out . Anyone disagree ?

imtommygunn

I don't think the round robin would work as well if there had been a full league to be honest. However for this year it is a great job yes.

Milltown Row2

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: hardstation on July 31, 2020, 09:21:30 PM
It'd be rough on the dual clubs. Last year's championship fixtures were a struggle to fit in without extra games.
I buy that but less league matches could help with that or Less league matches with county players. maybe i'm just enjoying gettinG out of house ;D

gallsman

Strange game between St. Gall's and St. Enda's. Five points apiece at the half after some really poor stuff from both sides. The heavens opened at the start of the second half with the elements in St. Enda's favour. St. Gall's quickly down to 14 men but went 6 points up. The weather improved and St. Enda's scored 1-05 without reply.

Only recognise about 10% of the names these days but good to see a few of the old guard still knocking about the place.