Gold

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on February 03, 2008, 06:21:54 PM
From the bbc website:

Wicklow 1-8 1-13 Antrim 

who all scored and played ??

what subs came on??
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

saffron sam2

Big, big win for the saffrons to-day. A defeat would have to all intents and purposes ended their season. Didn't expect an Antrim win without their entire full forward line but will happily take it.

Certainly is Paddy Cunningham in the photograph and it is likely that the match correspondent has erred with the younger of the two McCanns. Don't particularly care who got it.

Still, one swallow does not a summer make and until promotion is a mathematical certainty, then there is plenty of possibility for a nest-shitting session. Too many false dawns in the past for ss2 to get too carried away just yet.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Square Ball

Quote from: hardstation on February 03, 2008, 08:16:15 PM
Right.
1. You need to attend the Lammas Fair and eat £20 worth of Yellow man.
2. You must be able to play The Green Glens of Antrim, The Blue Hills of Antrim, McIlhatton and Roddy McCorley.
3. As a newcomer, when Club Aontroma ask you for £100 for a raffle ticket, you must give £200.
4. You must not wear dodgy headgear unless it has been made from your own animal in the Glens. (Glen Road and Glenavy included)
5. You must drink Poitin.........a lot.
6. You must call them An'rim and the word yourself is pronounced yoursel'.
7. You must hate the county board and/or management.
8. You must always support An'rim by constantly saying how shite they are and writing them off. Even against Kilkenny in football.
9. You must never get embarrassed.
10. You have to be prepared to get lashed on. Enniskillen '06, Casement'07, Today '08. It's a curse we have. Anytime An'rim play, it's like Jesus dying and it pours down.
Failte go hAontroim.

:D

O'Neill

can you name the nine Glens, the two HS has mentioned dont count
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

The wife once won a crate of beer in Portstewart for doing just that. I can but sure you'll say a googled it.

As for HS's list.

1. Done it.
2. Can do.
3. Not sure.
4. Fail.
5. Want any?
6. Can do.
7. Can do.
8. Can do.
9. Can do.
10. Can do.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

For personal  reasons I cannot commit to:

7. You must hate the county board and/or management.

Square Ball

Feck that county boards shite

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on February 03, 2008, 08:16:15 PM

1. 10. You have to be prepared to get lashed on. Enniskillen '06, Casement'07, Today '08. It's a curse we have. Anytime An'rim play, it's like Jesus dying and it pours down.
Failte go hAontroim.

of all those days--Enniskillen was the worst

i nearly died of the wet that day sittin on a shitty soakin wooden bench soaked to the skin--jeans stickin to me soaked the whole way home
in 07 i was in the stand as the hurls were flyin!

never mention enniskillen 06 again!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

pebble-dasher

10. You have to be prepared to get lashed on. Enniskillen '06, Casement'07, Today '08. It's a curse we have. Anytime An'rim play, it's like Jesus dying and it pours down.#

Down 2000 now that was a wet one!  Promotion from division four is a realistic goal and one that we should achieve because the teams attitude seems to be right this year.  Cavan wont know what hits them this summer! 

ONeill

That was a frightening day alright in may respects. I remember it was the first time I'd heard "Antrim! Antrim!" ring around Casement at a football game (or was it An'rim! An'rim!"?). (that's some consecutive punctuation).

When Gregory McCartan's penalty was saved a giant woke from its slumber. It soon went back to sleep though.

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on February 03, 2008, 07:59:35 PM
How does one go about claiming Saffron citizenship? How long do I need to live and work here? I can play the Green Glens and know what a bacon butty is.

The future's yellowish.

11. You (and not your wife or in-laws) must buy the wee lad an Antrim jersey and take him back to the hill wearing it.

12. You have to invent a new nickname for yourself based around your surname, either by shortening it (a la Army, Bukey, McP, McGourt, McCaff, Rambo, Cabey) or lengthening it (Breener, Walshy, Wardy, McManusy, Stewarty). I propose a compromise, Neilly.

13. You have to create an Antrim user on the gaaboard and post at least 50 Antrim related posts without being rumbled. I propose Saffron Shane.

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on February 04, 2008, 08:47:56 PM
QuoteYou have to invent a new nickname for yourself based around your surname, either by shortening it (a la Army, Austies, Bukey, McP, McGourt, McCaff, Rambo, Cabey)
Surely, this is a lengthened version of the surname? Or does it sound shorter? Not sure.

Pedantic clown, never wanted him in the list anyway. He's ruining it. Out he goes.

ONeill

It was. Like Nelly though. Or Olly.

ONeill

Square Ball

ONeill

So Antrim v Kilkenny - will Jody give the lesser lights a run-out?