Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: SaffronSports on September 13, 2023, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on September 13, 2023, 11:51:29 AM
Apologies HH, however I can only see the semi final dates not the final

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 13, 2023, 11:28:10 AM
Quote from: Would ye whist on September 13, 2023, 09:59:09 AM
On that point do we have dates for the JFC/IFC and SFC finals?

been posted twice

I'm not certain but I think it's the weekend 7th/8th October going by the way it's been one week football, one week hurling right through.

my bad, didnt read the question !
finals are all down for sunday 8th October, but i think the IFC and JFC will be played on the saturday
from memory that was the way it was last year.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

NorthAntrim

Our county socials are a joke. Next to no promotion of anything apart from senior competitions and today we have a repost with Paddy McBride in a coffee shop. WTF.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on September 13, 2023, 01:13:39 PM
Our county socials are a joke. Next to no promotion of anything apart from senior competitions and today we have a repost with Paddy McBride in a coffee shop. WTF.

We've live club games, 3 last weekend and 3 the week before. Different times to suit people to either go to or watch from the house. SG with match reports for all games.. I've never known there to be that much coverage, these last 10 years..

Back in the day you were lucky to get a fixture list in the Irish News on a Monday night!

Are we spoilt or just hungry for all things GAA

I'd say there will be a spot available for someone to carry out this unpaid thankless task of keeping everyone happy..

Make sure you put your name forward now to be the rush
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

belfastsaff

do you expect them to start promoting the junior championship out of no where on a Wednesday lunch time ffs?

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2023, 01:29:38 PM

We've live club games, 3 last weekend and 3 the week before. Different times to suit people to either go to or watch from the house. SG with match reports for all games.. I've never known there to be that much coverage, these last 10 years..

Back in the day you were lucky to get a fixture list in the Irish News on a Monday night!

Are we spoilt or just hungry for all things GAA

I'd say there will be a spot available for someone to carry out this unpaid thankless task of keeping everyone happy..

Make sure you put your name forward now to be the rush

We were spoilt with Sean Kelly tbf. But the coverage outside of senior in both codes has been poor and underage coverage has been poor. League coverage was beyond a joke.
You won't like this MR2 but honestly think SV boys be brilliant for it. Don't huff and puff and come back with stuff they have said or done in past put that aside they would make for great PROs

NorthAntrim

Live club games-yes fantastic, its a paid service though
Saffron gael is project started by two great antrim GAA men separate from the county
Im not slating overall coverage, its been mentioned here numerous times about lack of coverage from our PRO on underage county games and lower level games, open our county website, SFC and SHC 1/4 finals, PG1 Div 1 league, Loughgiel Div 1 league
We've a lot of businesses that pump good money into our county, was coverage not a reason one quite publicly pulled out last year?

Would ye whist

Good man HH and thank you.

It's clear you are not one of the refs in the county as you can admit an error  ;)

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 13, 2023, 01:09:57 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on September 13, 2023, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on September 13, 2023, 11:51:29 AM
Apologies HH, however I can only see the semi final dates not the final

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 13, 2023, 11:28:10 AM
Quote from: Would ye whist on September 13, 2023, 09:59:09 AM
On that point do we have dates for the JFC/IFC and SFC finals?

been posted twice

I'm not certain but I think it's the weekend 7th/8th October going by the way it's been one week football, one week hurling right through.

my bad, didnt read the question !
finals are all down for sunday 8th October, but i think the IFC and JFC will be played on the saturday
from memory that was the way it was last year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on September 13, 2023, 01:52:02 PM
Live club games-yes fantastic, its a paid service though
Saffron gael is project started by two great antrim GAA men separate from the county
Im not slating overall coverage, its been mentioned here numerous times about lack of coverage from our PRO on underage county games and lower level games, open our county website, SFC and SHC 1/4 finals, PG1 Div 1 league, Loughgiel Div 1 league
We've a lot of businesses that pump good money into our county, was coverage not a reason one quite publicly pulled out last year?

It's a paid service as in you'd still have to pay if going to the games... in fact less fuel and better viewing (at times) is a great alternative and cheaper

Games are all on a similar times and if you have only one person there to promote it then I'm sorry but senior is bread and butter for most supporters interest, and before we go all crazy, Ive been involved at all levels of management and know its great when you get coverage but its not a biggy.

What SV have done is great in terms of coverage of the games, at no point have I ever said any different, but if we are interested in public relations of the Antrim GAA is not then to be super critical of 99.99% of the people doing unpaid roles. Constructive is great but when you are lambasting people its just childish and immature.

As for sponsorship and so on yes everyone should get a fair crack of the whip
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

I think it would honestly take a team to PRO for Antrim GAA properly. Straight away you could divide hurling and football, club and county and many other ways.

I have a bit of experience doing it for a couple of months in a less busy role and it's hard work. It genuinely could be a full time job for one person if you were doing the thing right but it's tough to please everyone.

SG and SV are both great coverage but very different. There's more professionalism to SG whereas SV are more about the craic and that absolutely has it's market but probably wouldn't be ideal on an official platform.

Milltown Row2

I suppose if your idea of 'craic' is trying to ridicule people on a public forum then yes, SV have a place.

But certainly for updating the local GAA public on games/scores/reviews then yes absolutely, the more the merrier

Belfast GAA man

I hear there is a go fund me page to get the referee in LAmhs dunloy match a new stopwatch. Well done dunloy who knows maybe the double ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 13, 2023, 10:06:21 PM
I hear there is a go fund me page to get the referee in LAmhs dunloy match a new stopwatch. Well done dunloy who knows maybe the double ?

They should have the stopwatch linked to the scoreboard that would at the very least stop the gurnning...

They seemed happy with the stop watch at the county final  ;)

EOC1923

Assuming u19 games last night with no score up weren't played? I know ours wasn't

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 14, 2023, 03:09:36 PM
Assuming u19 games last night with no score up weren't played? I know ours wasn't

Server issues and some scores are not uploading.. also our game was abandon due to water on pitch after 15 minutes

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 14, 2023, 03:09:36 PM

All Saints conceded to Cargin who will meet Enda's next round.....