Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthAntrim

I would say its not worth the hassle hosting games. What do the clubs actually get?

EOC1923

Most Derry knockout games are at Owenbeg, maybe asking a bit much of St Johns to do that. Our club enjoying hosting games lately i think its a good way of showing off your facilities.
Bad experience at St Enda's from a couple of years ago, parking so far away and viewing positions not great either but i think the pitch is great and so are the people who organise up there on match day.
Ahoghill was fine because of the slope at the changing room side gave a good viewing. Dunsilly recently has been enjoyable especially the games under lights but apparently out of action at the minute. Corrigan still number one because of the stand and pitch.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 28, 2023, 01:51:56 PM
Most Derry knockout games are at Owenbeg, maybe asking a bit much of St Johns to do that. Our club enjoying hosting games lately i think its a good way of showing off your facilities.
Bad experience at St Enda's from a couple of years ago, parking so far away and viewing positions not great either but i think the pitch is great and so are the people who organise up there on match day.
Ahoghill was fine because of the slope at the changing room side gave a good viewing. Dunsilly recently has been enjoyable especially the games under lights but apparently out of action at the minute. Corrigan still number one because of the stand and pitch.

Owenbeg is perfect. Good location. Training pitches. Main pitch with stand. Dunsilly shouldve been our owenbeg. Pitch number 1 gets flogged! start of the year it was closed, during a bad spell of weather mind you but still.

Upandover

Is the pitch at davitt park too small?

InnocentByStander

Quote from: breakingball on August 28, 2023, 12:51:42 PM
St Endas is a perfect location for city teams playing South West teams.

The pitch was also in cracking condition last weekend for the Dunloy v rossa hurling championship game.

Hosting a big championship game also requires plenty of effort.

How many clubs are actually willing and wanting to host a game?

Disagree, parking horrific viewing areas for the game also isn't great.

Good pitch bad Venue.

Corrigan kept for the final only?

country bumpkin

Do top of groups not have ground advantage for quarter finals....?

Procedure from.last year changed......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 29, 2023, 10:16:56 AM

Where did you play Lamhs last year, Dunsilly? was that a group game or quarter or semi?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

InnocentByStander

I know The area it is in maybe tough to find somewhere, but finding a field or something close by Dunsilly which they could turn into parking facilities would be brilliant.

Great pitch and changing rooms etc and with the new Gym going in.

If the right steps are taken (which im unsure if there are plans to or not) Dunsilly could really be turned into something special.

NorthAntrim

The hard shoulder provides parking for medium sized games. Dunsilly and Junction 1 are a 15 minurte walk(max)

antrimman667

When will the dates/fixtures be confirmed for the SFC and IFC? There wont be any on the friday I assume due to natural light

NorthAntrim

Dunsilly is fantastic for games. But its a big ask for the pitch to carry county teams of all ages all year then a lot of our club championship

barnish oggie

Quote from: InnocentByStander on August 29, 2023, 11:00:38 AM
I know The area it is in maybe tough to find somewhere, but finding a field or something close by Dunsilly which they could turn into parking facilities would be brilliant.

If the right steps are taken (which im unsure if there are plans to or not) Dunsilly could really be turned into something special.

It already should be special.

Why the need for 3 pitches there?

2 pitches, one with a terrace at least, if not a covered stand like Corrigan, should have been the way to go.

It would also have left room to build the changing rooms on the pitch side of the bridge and created more space for the car park.

Whoever made the calls on the layout of that space back then made a complete hash of it.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 29, 2023, 10:16:56 AM

Not sure what you're talking about here

2022 quarter finals

Cargin v LD @ dunsilly
Portglenone  v GNM @ dunsilly
Aghagallon v St Brids @ hannahstown
Rossa v Creggan @ Hightown, or the swamp as it was that day
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Caesar

My predictions for the next round:

Cargin v Aghagallon = Cargin win by 7
LD V Dunloy = LD win by 4
Portglenone v Creggan = Creggan win by 4
Rossa v St Brigid's = St Brigid's win by 6

InnocentByStander

Quote from: barnish oggie on August 29, 2023, 11:40:40 AM
Quote from: InnocentByStander on August 29, 2023, 11:00:38 AM

It already should be special.

Why the need for 3 pitches there?

2 pitches, one with a terrace at least, if not a covered stand like Corrigan, should have been the way to go.

It would also have left room to build the changing rooms on the pitch side of the bridge and created more space for the car park.

Whoever made the calls on the layout of that space back then made a complete hash of it.

Totally agree was poorly managed at the top level, something gives me the idea they wanted to make the teams run through that tunnel thinking it would be special, in it's truth an awful idea  :'(