Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Congratulations to BrendanAntrim and St Brigids minors for breaking the duck today. Brolly tweeted earlier about a 'minor curse' being broken but I think it was more a case of St Brigids having 15 playing as a team and no egos along the line.

BrendanAntrim

Thanks EOC, today was an immense battle with a strong Glenravel team. We knew it would be tough, as our second league game against the same opposition was. Very happy for this brilliant group of players to get the win. It was an epic final. A very happy group today.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2022, 11:46:35 AM
I'm so glad that the Aghnagallon lads managed to play and not need medical attention after the playoff games seeing as player welfare was a big thing according to some. They looked brave and sharp on Friday night

I'm so glad the Antrim Senior football championship gets to remain within the county.

GiveItToTheShooters

What is it with Belfast people and their inability to say or spell Aghagallon. Where the f**k is Aghnagallon? Sticking a random n in there for no reason  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 16, 2022, 10:22:54 PM
What is it with Belfast people and their inability to say or spell Aghagallon. Where the f**k is Aghnagallon? Sticking a random n in there for no reason  ;D

In this instance it's come up in my autospell thingy y and I haven't bothered changing it's not a slight on the Lurgan lads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Saffron voice taking things a bit bitter now

•Stewarts get access into the game free.. You want the stewards to pay in as well as being a steward?

•Match officials get travel expenses a match fee tea sandwiches buns etc at HT and access to a shower after even though half of them walk during games..

Match officials 99% time get no sarnies or tea ya headers lol!! Access to a shower lol only if they have remembered to have the heating on, Walk during the games? Not sure what that means, but I'd cover at least 4 miles a game, some of the games we ref I'd like to see the miles the players put in, ball goes sideways for 90% of the match

•The County officals do the bear minimum have no communication or people skills 

The Officials  ::) are up for change each year and anyone that's a paid up member can apply for the post

•and get a big wage and talk to people like dirt

Get a big wage? what's this big wage they get? You've seen the price of fuel? the fuel expenses won't cover it so the match payment will .. as for the dirt talk its def one way traffic

•I've been to a billion games and 99% of supporters are decent people who never open their mouths so don't try playing victim here

You've been to a billion games my arse, as for your hearing you need to get the wax out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Who's on a big wage within the County board? Not too hard to work out who they are referring.

Would ye whist

With all due respect MR2 I am surprised you are picking fights on here in relation to certain matters, as a referee you will get your fair share of abuse and arguments (wrongly in my opinion), however should you not be trying to remain a bit more 'Switzerland', therefore, not leaving yourself open to calls of bias based on inflammatory comments on here

BTW not a personal attack on you more of an observation

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2022, 01:34:17 PM

•Stewarts get access into the game free.. You want the stewards to pay in as well as being a steward?

•Match officials get travel expenses a match fee tea sandwiches buns etc at HT and access to a shower after even though half of them walk during games..

Match officials 99% time get no sarnies or tea ya headers lol!! Access to a shower lol only if they have remembered to have the heating on, Walk during the games? Not sure what that means, but I'd cover at least 4 miles a game, some of the games we ref I'd like to see the miles the players put in, ball goes sideways for 90% of the match

The Officials  ::) are up for change each year and anyone that's a paid up member can apply for the post

Get a big wage? what's this big wage they get? You've seen the price of fuel? the fuel expenses won't cover it so the match payment will .. as for the dirt talk its def one way traffic

•I've been to a billion games and 99% of supporters are decent people who never open their mouths so don't try playing victim here

You've been to a billion games my arse, as for your hearing you need to get the wax out

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on October 17, 2022, 02:24:21 PM
With all due respect MR2 I am surprised you are picking fights on here in relation to certain matters, as a referee you will get your fair share of abuse and arguments (wrongly in my opinion), however should you not be trying to remain a bit more 'Switzerland', therefore, not leaving yourself open to calls of bias based on inflammatory comments on here

BTW not a personal attack on you more of an observation

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2022, 01:34:17 PM

Look I'm not having a pop either at these guys but nothing wrong with a different point of view to these things

Slagging ref's for their fitness or how saying they get into games for free or saying stewards get in free WTF does that mean?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 17, 2022, 02:01:49 PM
Who's on a big wage within the County board? Not too hard to work out who they are referring.

They posted Officials not official so I'll take that as more than one?

Spike

So how do we sort the referees situation out then?  They are critical and essential to our games. They are amateurs and part timers and do not deserve some of the abuse directed at them. None of them (well at least the vast vast majority) begin a match with a conscious bias against one team or the other.

And respect is a two way street.  We expect them to know the rules, be of a certain fitness level and act with complete impartiality.   The black card / yellow card situation is beyond a farce now and despite what some say, the referee has a huge bearing on how the match fares out by his (sometimes wavering) view of the tackle. Phantom strikes being reported by linesmen and umpires.

Whichever side of the argument you fall on, the referees need help, need constant training and need protection.   They should not have to deal with the abuse dished out to them in every single match whether that be an U7 Go Game or a Senior Championship final.

But what is the answer?  Wholesale red cards? captains only allowed to speak? enforced substitutions/black cards?      whatever it is needs a sensible debate as it feels like we cant go on like this

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2022, 02:54:18 PM

I have zero to do with the county establishment so I wouldn't know anything about this. I just know there is at least one well paid in there, every county in Ireland has one.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 17, 2022, 05:00:48 PM

I have zero to do with the county establishment so I wouldn't know anything about this. I just know there is at least one well paid in there, every county in Ireland has one.

Indeed was appointed amidst some controversy....has not even a vote on county matters.

Milltown Row2

Have zero knowledge but happy enough to post about it? Ok

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2022, 05:56:13 PM

Have zero knowledge but happy enough to post about it? Ok
Who mentioned knowledge?