Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: EOC1923 on June 11, 2022, 01:40:37 PM
Quote from: bannside on June 11, 2022, 10:06:05 AM
No, they are voluntary. I'd imagine expenses are available, not sure if NP collects his for hurling.

Watched an exhibition of underage football last night at an under 13 game. Really happy with what's coming through here, the drive started by Paul Mc Keever (RIP) and half a dozen very committed others at under 6 now starting to flourish. Very content with the conveyor belt that's building nicely in PG1.
An excellent team BS I saw them myself 2 weeks ago, possibly one of best in ulster at this age serous credit to their coaches. Is this a one off group or what are your 7s 9s, 11s 15s and 17s like in comparison.

No result up for the game against Con Magees the other night BS. Who won that one?

Belfast GAA man

do PG1 have juvenile hurling? oftern thought Cargin lack of hurling gives them a big advantage over dual clubs

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 11, 2022, 07:06:25 PM
do PG1 have juvenile hurling? oftern thought Cargin lack of hurling gives them a big advantage over dual clubs

No, camogie just
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Big Marty musn't want to stick it up PaddyJohn. Conflicted loyalties lol.

country bumpkin

But Dunloy are a dual club and proving a tad too strong for South Antrim clubs atm....??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 11, 2022, 10:20:41 PM

But Dunloy are a dual club and proving a tad too strong for South Antrim clubs atm....??

In football or hurling?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 11, 2022, 10:56:14 PM

In football or hurling?

Read the query and the response supplied.......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 12, 2022, 08:28:09 AM

In football or hurling?

I've read it and your reaction is the typical defensive one. Dunloy as an example in the league this year would be a poor one, they ain't setting things on fire have lost to Ardoyne and Davitts, that same Davitts you laughed at when your under 15 div 2 team hammered them.

As for hurling they never take the league too seriously (as league position suggests) great time to blood players due to county commitment, come championship they'll be at full strength for all clubs, especially the north Antrim ones.

If there is anyone on here with a huge county City chip on his shoulder bigger than yours I'd like to meet him. Some do it for the banter, you're slightly poisoned. Pretty sad tbh

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 12, 2022, 08:54:51 AM

In football or hurling?

I've read it and your reaction is the typical defensive one. Dunloy as an example in the league this year would be a poor one, they ain't setting things on fire have lost to Ardoyne and Davitts, that same Davitts you laughed at when your under 15 div 2 team hammered them.

As for hurling they never take the league too seriously (as league position suggests) great time to blood players due to county commitment, come championship they'll be at full strength for all clubs, especially the north Antrim ones.

If there is anyone on here with a huge county City chip on his shoulder bigger than yours I'd like to meet him. Some do it for the banter, you're slightly poisoned. Pretty sad tbh

Typical snide comment from a less than endearing individual.
Have never reported Davitts under 15.

For your information having received education in Belfast I still have friends aplenty from that era.
As a former county officer I had, and still have countless contacts and friends in the city, including a good share up at Milltown.
Possibly a lot more than yourself..

Your 'poison' comment did, as obviously intended annoy me and reply at your will, I will not enter into any further discourse with your cynical self...

Sin e....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 12, 2022, 10:24:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 12, 2022, 08:54:51 AM

In football or hurling?

Typical snide comment from a less than endearing individual.
Have never reported Davitts under 15.

For your information having received education in Belfast I still have friends aplenty from that era.
As a former county officer I had, and still have countless contacts and friends in the city, including a good share up at Milltown.
Possibly a lot more than yourself..

Your 'poison' comment did, as obviously intended annoy me and reply at your will, I will not enter into any further discourse with your cynical self...

Sin e....

Aye you've more friends in St Galls  ;D

A nice chuckle on that one over me tea ;D

As for snide remarks, you do alright with those

Belfast GAA man

look waht i started!
Just saying of PG1 and Cargin kids coaches can train their kids football all the time and dual clubs in the city hacve to split their time between both its no surprise they produce stonger football teams
Dunloy do seem to be exception to this and fair play

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 12, 2022, 11:24:40 AM
look waht i started!
Just saying of PG1 and Cargin kids coaches can train their kids football all the time and dual clubs in the city hacve to split their time between both its no surprise they produce stonger football teams
Dunloy do seem to be exception to this and fair play
Got that......but Dunloy are the exception to the rule...

Cargin did try hurling on occassions and actually did put their names on the Junior Hurling title way back in 1937..

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 12, 2022, 12:15:32 PM
I'm not sure about them being an exception to be honest.

Other than Cargin, when was the last time a club who don't play hurling won an Antrim SFC?

Perhaps the key to success in football is to play hurling, with Cargin the exception.

Go over to Derry and ask Slaughtneil.......

EOC1923

Normal service starting to resume in the league by the looks of things

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on June 12, 2022, 04:02:22 PM
Normal service starting to resume in the league by the looks of things

Cargin do seem.on the upward EOC.....or maybe I am a tad biased.....?