Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Calm Down on September 13, 2020, 09:21:30 PM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 13, 2020, 09:19:44 PM
Calm down Calm Down you're frothing at the mouth lately. I merely meant that as he's from the Big Smoke then we can't say he's got a bias

I am perfectly calm and rational, indeed I would say it is you who is otherwise tonight given the resort to personal comments, no need to be like that Mr McDonald
You've obviously opened the Monday club very early this week. Talking nonsense lad, pull down the shutter and go home

Belfast GAA man

Did he pick himself?  :DThought he was Chief of the refs. Decent ref but don't see him do any big game these days

Calm Down

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 13, 2020, 09:52:18 PM
Did he pick himself?  :DThought he was Chief of the refs. Decent ref but don't see him do any big game these days

Did he? Wasn't aware it was in charge of appointments! That makes it worse for me, how do we encourage young people to get into reffing if there is mere corruption at the top with the same old names appointing themselves to the big games

GiveItToTheShooters

He loves making it all about himself too. Guarantee we'll be talking about him after the game

paddyjohn

Ah hi lads would you catch yourselves on.. Toland is a decent ref, maybe the best in the county. I hope he refs the game to his usual high standards.

Calm Down

Better than our National Intercounty ref Snoop?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Calm Down on September 13, 2020, 11:07:00 PM
Better than our National Intercounty ref Snoop?

Would they appoint Snoop as he's from the same parish as Cargin? Im not doubting snoop as I've know the man for years but he'd be in a no win situation there.

123Bigball

Refs will always get the abuse and every club will have that 1 ref they think is out to get them or they feel has shafted them before.Refs not helped by the county board and appeals process.majority of their decisons are overturned on appeal. Makes it a lot easier for people to pass judgement or question the ref. Think every red card this year has nearly being over turned

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 13, 2020, 11:00:25 PM
Ah hi lads would you catch yourselves on.. Toland is a decent ref, maybe the best in the county. I hope he refs the game to his usual high standards.
Ok Brendan

paddyjohn

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 13, 2020, 11:36:30 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 13, 2020, 11:00:25 PM
Ok Brendan

What?

123Bigball

County chairman getting involved in refereeing decisons or providing statements against county officials.bad sign and not good for officials. Raises questions of a few people's integrity surely.

whatwillbwillb

Many would say, EGOCENTRIC.

Calm Down

Quote from: 123Bigball on September 13, 2020, 11:57:49 PM
County chairman getting involved in refereeing decisons or providing statements against county officials.bad sign and not good for officials. Raises questions of a few people's integrity surely.

Pray tell wiyh regard to giving statements in relation to county officials?

Calm Down

Quote from: Bronco on September 14, 2020, 08:56:25 AM
If anything I would suggest the county chairman hasn't gone far enough, a notorious official had one team captain sent off for a non-existent indiscretion which would raise serious questions about his ability and/or impartiality.

The referee had to act on the information he was given but video evidence clearly shows that information was erroneous.

Quote from: 123Bigball on September 13, 2020, 11:57:49 PM

Is it safe to assume you are talking about the Mick McCann incident in the Semi final and the notorious official being Jarlath O'Donnell?

imtommygunn

It's a bit harsh starting to call honesty into question here is it not?

"If the official feels he made an honest assessment". What the hell is that statement?