Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2016, 11:46:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2016, 11:39:31 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2016, 11:07:15 PM
So how are St Johns in it?

The whole set up on Sunday is shambolic. Have they made provisions for families that have small children that will have a pram on the Venga bus? I wouldn't be happy putting my 6month old on a bus.
Surely a double header with the SFC semi would of been the solution?

Our fixture makers have gotten in spot on most of the year but not this time.

Under 16 final wouldn't generate more than 200 people ffs!! If you're lucky! So playing it at Dunsilly is not a biggy in my view

Maybe not but still asking people to pay into it and then into a SFC semi final? Laughable.

So people shouldn't pay in??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Paying in or refusing to do so is most certanly not the issue MR2......but no doubt the coin colectors will be manning the gate in anticipation.
But rather the huge inconvenience imposed on those supporters with children in tow, and don't forget the participants....they are kids.....and do the organisers expect those at the games of Cargin or Johnnies origin travel onwards to Glenavy after the bus journey back to junction one?
Why were the 16 games not fixed for Saturday, and why insist on a venue which is obviously not suitable.
Having visited Dunsilly it is more than obvious that the venue, in its present state is not ready to host finals, juvenile or otherwise and the idea of busing supporters in is laughable in the extreme .......but again 'Only in Antrim'.

JimStynes

It is a joke no matter what way you look at it. What is the reason for not just having a double header??

On a more positive note, I have been very impressed with the coverage that the club finals have got on the county Twitter, Facebook etc The PRO is doing good work. Saying that we didn't get a trophy presented to us for winning the division 2 league.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: JimStynes on October 01, 2016, 09:53:16 AM
It is a joke no matter what way you look at it. What is the reason for not just having a double header??

On a more positive note, I have been very impressed with the coverage that the club finals have got on the county Twitter, Facebook etc The PRO is doing good work. Saying that we didn't get a trophy presented to us for winning the division 2 league.

Wouldn't have happened in armagh

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 01, 2016, 08:16:36 AM

The whole set up on Sunday is shambolic. Have they made provisions for families that have small children that will have a pram on the Venga bus? I wouldn't be happy putting my 6month old on a bus.

Under 16 final wouldn't generate more than 200 people ffs!! If you're lucky! So playing it at Dunsilly is not a biggy in my view

Maybe not but still asking people to pay into it and then into a SFC semi final? Laughable.

Did I say that?

BrendanAntrim

this

StA antrim  semi finals   Gortnamona   1-9   v   2-16   Clan ngael      Enright Pk 6.30pm   
F u16 football 2   20 Sep 2016   St Malachys   4-13   v   3-8   St Johns      Cherryvale 6.30pm   
F u16 football 2   31 Oct 2016   Clan ngael      v   st malachys   

relates to the league semi final. in the U16 B championship St Johns reversed the result in the semi final v St Malachys. Pretty straightforward really.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 01, 2016, 12:54:03 PM

Did I say that?

Yep!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Do the Johnnies have a chance today?  Been a while since they have been at the top table!! They won't lack confidence, they never have!

country bumpkin

The Johnnies did their best MR2, but in truth it was over after 15 minutes........a couple of late goals only arrived to suggest that this was a contest....but hey a sternre test awaits.......had a little bet at 1/1 -3 points.  :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 02, 2016, 06:03:27 PM
The Johnnies did their best MR2, but in truth it was over after 15 minutes........a couple of late goals only arrived to suggest that this was a contest....but hey a sternre test awaits.......had a little bet at 1/1 -3 points.  :)

Well another final to prepare for CB, consistency has been Cargins thing!! Hopefully we can get there on Wednesday night!

bannside

Didn't get to the game as I went to Dungannon to see John Mc Keever led Coalisland beat Damien Cassidy Clonoe. No exaggeration there were 8 or 9 thousand people there after drawing last week. But today Coalisland were just too strong and go into the Tyrone final.  Good achievement for John who is getting a reputation for being one of the best young managers in the game. Still in his mid thirties and on a fast upward management curve.

I was keeping up to date with the Antrim semi but saw Cargin were ten up so I left it at that. Was talking to someone who was at it who said Cargin weren't that impressive in the second third and fourth quarters where St John's got the better of them once they finally settled into the match.

Six points was a good win though and I'm sure most Cargin fans would be happy enough tonight that the back to back is on the cards.

country bumpkin

Will be there MR2 and look forward to a game.
The timing of the game and a pitch which more than likely be in pristine order, but dew laden, and quite slippery as result may well bring the sides closer together I cannot for see upset.
Look forward to a Gall's Cargin decider ;)
But if Bannsider's informant was not impressed then perhaps JB won't bother bringing his charges to that final...

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2016, 02:26:07 PM

Did I say that?

Yep!

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly MR2. I'll PM you all my future posts so you can proof read them for me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 02, 2016, 08:21:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2016, 02:26:07 PM

Did I say that?

Yep!

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly MR2. I'll PM you all my future posts so you can proof read them for me.

No need, just re read them yourself before posting ;)

bannside

Explain why JB might not bring his troops to the final? Not getting your logic CB. The person I talked to said Cargin were awesome in the opening quarter but after that middling enough by their own standards and St John's matched them for the remaining three quarters of the game.

Is that a fair comment or not?