Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Both teams well worth their wins today. Congratulations to Glenravel and Aghagallon. Hopefully conditions better for tomorrows hurling final.

Big night tonight in the Derryhirk paddyjohn.

paddyjohn

Pocs pints and the gaa is buying first round

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 24, 2016, 06:46:53 PM

As an Aghagallon man just text me Another trophy coming back over the border to Armagh. Up the orchard men! There should be an inquest. I for one will be pushing for a motion at the convention to get Antrim competitions for Antrim teams.

But congratulations to Aghagallon. You played played the system to your advantage and won. Fair play.

concernedgaa

not long back from the LD -v- Rossa senior football match.  Horrendous conditions to play in for the teams and LD won in the end but what was as horrendous as the weather was the referee and his lines men. Some very bad decisions for both teams and as much as I hate to be negative when there are so few on the scene. There has to be better than what I seen tonight.  To top off a very bad night for both Moyes and the man in the middle was when our "County" star Conor Murray head butted a Rossa player, even though LD were winning with time up, in full view of both sidelines and the crowd.  And both the aforementioned officials bottled it. Is this what We want our juveniles to Aspire to be.   Definitely not.  LD won the match. Fair play but there is NO place for that in Gaelic games.  Sad to see

paddyjohn

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 24, 2016, 06:59:18 PM

As an Aghagallon man just text me Another trophy coming back over the border to Armagh. Up the orchard men! There should be an inquest. I for one will be pushing for a motion at the convention to get Antrim competitions for Antrim teams.

But congratulations to Aghagallon. You played played the system to your advantage and won. Fair play.

Does this include senior hurling & underage hurling?

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 24, 2016, 07:24:48 PM
Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 24, 2016, 06:59:18 PM

Does this include senior hurling & underage hurling?

You's even had orange bibs on today FFS

erinsboy

Re pints pocs and gaa

Just looked at a map of county Antrim and can clearly see aghagallon is a parish in county Antrim this is the same as sayin cargin men are Derry men ffs

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: erinsboy on September 24, 2016, 08:09:45 PM
Re pints pocs and gaa

Just looked at a map of county Antrim and can clearly see aghagallon is a parish in county Antrim this is the same as sayin cargin men are Derry men ffs

Sure some of your boys should be playing for Newbridge

JimStynes

Re pints pocs and gaa

3 counties in one parish!

JimStynes

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 24, 2016, 08:21:36 PM
Re pints pocs and gaa

Sure some of your boys should be playing for Newbridge

Are half the Ballinderry team not from Tyrone as well?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 18, 2016, 07:43:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 18, 2016, 09:21:07 AM
Sevens winners again. Beat The hosts in the final . Went to penalties too!!

St Galls taking trophies in to the country. Aghagallon taking them out.

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

country bumpkin

A senior football championship semi final involving two South Antrim teams being played in the South West.......not likely?
Well watch this space :)

The Gs Man

A great day for the Parish!   :)

Up a Gs!
Keep 'er lit

Na Glinntí Glasa

was disappointed in our performance on sat. we seemed to want to walk the ball in the net at one point instead of just kicking a score. Impressed with Aghagallons middle pairing and their fielding, we didnt win any ball there at all. Chance was there to win this game but we didnt take what chances we had.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 26, 2016, 08:57:59 AM
was disappointed in our performance on sat. we seemed to want to walk the ball in the net at one point instead of just kicking a score. Impressed with Aghagallons middle pairing and their fielding, we didnt win any ball there at all. Chance was there to win this game but we didnt take what chances we had.

Thought Aghagallon were stronger in the tackle, any time your boys got the ball in a dangerous area youse were being swamped with a few boys rushing shots when you had men in space if you had moved the ball quicker.  Never got enough quality service to young McKinley either but in the end I thought Aghagallon were deserved winners.  Two great Championship run in two years for you but just a bit disappointing at the final hurdle one ach occasion though you did look better than last year.