Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2015, 12:21:21 PM
Quote from: Hectic on November 25, 2015, 12:16:23 PM
I have been impressed any time I have saw Colm McDonald referee - hope I have not skudded him for Sunday but always seems to apply a good deal of common sense and manages the game well.

Yep, agreed , Colm will be on the ball and is fairly fit to keep up with play... good luck to all involved

+1 havent seen him at high level but any time i have seen him in our lower leagues ive had nothing to say about him, which i think is the best complement you could give a referee

bannside

Hearing very positive reports back about the senior county football set up. Fitzy has moved to freshen up his management team and bringing in Gearoid has proved popular. A good few players are back and there is an air of optimism about the set up that has been missing for quite a while. Delighted to hear it. 2016 could be a good year for the Saffrons.

Gold

Quote from: bannside on November 27, 2015, 06:09:25 PM
Hearing very positive reports back about the senior county football set up. Fitzy has moved to freshen up his management team and bringing in Gearoid has proved popular. A good few players are back and there is an air of optimism about the set up that has been missing for quite a while. Delighted to hear it. 2016 could be a good year for the Saffrons.

What players are back.?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bloodybreakball

Sheeney MC quillan and joe Quinn are back

imtommygunn

Cj in hurling panel. Wonder would he commit to both.

bannside

If I was in management shoes I wouldn't want too much stuff plastered on here. You would want a low profile and get a good pre season done and hopefully get a few good wins board early doors.
Suffice to say the mood is good in the camp and things have moved to a better place than last year. A few notables are back in the fold. Good luck to all involved. Up the Saffrons.

culchie11

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 27, 2015, 10:47:49 PM
Cj in hurling panel. Wonder would he commit to both.

with his dodgy hip lol no chance!
Think he is on hurling panel as he is not on football one.
Heard a few returns r on the cards Bannside which is certainly heartening but u always lose a man or two in the crossfire!

bannside

Agree Culchie you can't please everyone. But if we can even get most of our better players involved in the squad then that will be a huge improvement. And that seems to be happening.

Fair play to Fitzy. He has got two or three good additions to his management team and they have all played at a high level or at university etc (or both) so it can't be said that he hasn't gone flat out to improve some of the things that came up short last year. Hats off...

JimStynes

Orior

St Endas won the minor championship - how many of their players were/are on the county minor panel?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bannside

Rossa U-16s flying the flag for Antrim Football down in Paul Mc Girr tournament. Another good win today this time over the hosts. Final next Sunday. More signs that we have plenty of genuine talent to work with in the underage ranks. Go win it now.

Didn't Rossa win this already just a few years back?

bannside

Spread across a few age groups from 15 -21 I'd say Rossa have more potential than any other Antrim club to produce a very strong senior squad in a few years time.  Really should be thinking strongly about winning or challenging for senior championships. Will most of the really good uns stick at it HS?

CentreHalfBack

I hear Sarsfields have a motion in to change leagues structures. Division 1&2 to have 12 teams.

Can't imagine the wee man or Fitzy  agreeing to this.
New season - new reason

imtommygunn

Quote from: bannside on November 30, 2015, 12:05:00 AM
Spread across a few age groups from 15 -21 I'd say Rossa have more potential than any other Antrim club to produce a very strong senior squad in a few years time.  Really should be thinking strongly about winning or challenging for senior championships. Will most of the really good uns stick at it HS?

On the subject of u16 teams... Every year our reps do really well at u16 yet 2 years later at the st pauls tournament it is very rare our reps even win a game(except LD obviously) never mind challenge to win it. Does this suggest something wrong with development of players between u16 and u18 in our county?? Lack of mcrory probably a big factor.

Hectic

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on November 30, 2015, 12:23:43 AM
I hear Sarsfields have a motion in to change leagues structures. Division 1&2 to have 12 teams.

Can't imagine the wee man or Fitzy  agreeing to this.

Might not be a bad thing - more players playing at a higher level plus Division 3 had 3 or 4 teams who were steamrolling the rest so maybe better to get them shifted up as well.  I know that Co.Derry continue with their leagues without county players - maybe something to consider here.