Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodybreakball

Yes, its not very constructive. We should be able to expect a high standard of refereeing in a county final. Maybe, some others at it thought he was poor or flustered at times. But, huge credit for putting himself out there to do it. Lamh dhearg were patchy, probably a good point that cargin weren't in or needed to get to top gear. Well done to them.

country bumpkin

No money Brendan..................Jeez we had a lotta people parting with their hard earned dough in attendance at the three senior championship games at Ahoghill this year.......................Cargin v Gall's 4/5000 @ £5 each = £20 to £25k.....Cargin v Creggan 3/4000 @£8 =24 to £32k.....Cargin v L Dearg 4/5000 @£10 =£40 TO £50k.
Now my maths aint good but does that not come to appx £90 to £110k..................and then we have the hurling as well as the Intermediate and Junior c'ships...................now we have no money you say.

theskull1

I think the ticket receipts will show ........... oh wait  :-[
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

country bumpkin

Aye right so Cargin were awarded three penalties yesterday....................so hands up all those honest discerning souls who have fair eyesight and without hint of bias who would suggest those were not justifiable awards.
Sure i thought the first missed by Tomas Mc Cann was for an 'off the ground incident'......and perhaps big Mc Kiernan tripped over his own feet for the other two awards and was not hauled to the ground by Micko, and J Finnucane respectively for those which were converted by Mick Mc Cann.

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 19, 2015, 11:29:54 PM
No money Brendan..................Jeez we had a lotta people parting with their hard earned dough in attendance at the three senior championship games at Ahoghill this year.......................Cargin v Gall's 4/5000 @ £5 each = £20 to £25k.....Cargin v Creggan 3/4000 @£8 =24 to £32k.....Cargin v L Dearg 4/5000 @£10 =£40 TO £50k.
Now my maths aint good but does that not come to appx £90 to £110k..................and then we have the hurling as well as the Intermediate and Junior c'ships...................now we have no money you say.

Don't forget the Hurling championships. C'Dall V Loughiel & C'Dall V B'Castle. At least 4000/5000 at each game at £8/£10 per head.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 19, 2015, 11:42:21 PM
Aye right so Cargin were awarded three penalties yesterday....................so hands up all those honest discerning souls who have fair eyesight and without hint of bias who would suggest those were not justifiable awards.
Sure i thought the first missed by Tomas Mc Cann was for an 'off the ground incident'......and perhaps big Mc Kiernan tripped over his own feet for the other two awards and was not hauled to the ground by Micko, and J Finnucane respectively for those which were converted by Mick Mc Cann.

So they were gifted the win with 3 penalties!! Did lamhs win any frees on the 21 metre lines??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brendanbelfast

No, I didn't say that.

bannside

You misread that completely CB lol.

Gizzy15

I think you will find Brendan is quoting Culchie11, lay off the hard stuff you should be preparing for a crack at Ulster

country bumpkin

Ah, I must really be a semi literate Bumpkin and excuse my ignorance but did Brendan not sa "we haven't any money to do things"?
What are those mysterious things?
And Gizzy I am afraid I have been sober for a long time and despite ur observations my head is quite clear.

culchie11

okay dokey! that escalated quickly there now!

i simply asked what calibre did he have! why would our clubs vote for him over another, i still havent got an answer. i am interested to hear as i know v little about him other than what club he is from!! plain and simple. where is the mud slinging in that. lighten up a bit for f**k sake.

i called his comrades, pals, chums, whatever you want top call them cronies as again, i dont even know who they are, only one i have heard is reilly from gort. heard they will be doing alot of pr shortly. anyone want to elaborate?!

but im sure they will all come in and solve every ill in antrim gaa, like casement, dunsilly, club aontroma, dev squads, casement social club, etc.

as for the money situation, i have said in the past and will say it again, we need some experienced ppl to sit down and map out a way forward. its embarassing to see how our youngsters get treated compared to other counties. those gate receipts wont last long, but we need to sort our budgets out.

bannside

Brendan didn't say that CB. He was quoting Culchie 11 that's why there is inverted comas around it. Anyway it's just a misunderstanding so let's move on.

You're right too Culchie, development squads seem to be doing well recently and winning their fair share, but we need a proactive football board/committee who will have as a sub committee a group who will fundraise for specific targets....Dev squads being an obvious one. Proper financial support for preparartion of county minor u21 and senior squads another. (Football budget currently just over half of the hurling budget incidentally).
In conjunction with a revitalised Club Aontroma who are presently battering their head off a brick wall under present county leadership who want to plunder their kitty.

Spike

surely all we want is a bit of professionalism.  Gone are the days of a county committee with one bag of jerseys and selling a few raffle tickets.  there are big sums of money and budgets to prepare (besides the footballing requirements.) To leave it in the hands of rank amateurs with no prerequisite skills is just madness.  If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got.  Time for a committee and chairman who actually has the CV for the job and not just another  'Yes' man who has been there a while and sticks his hand up the highest.  We are the most amateur looking county in Ireland for a reason.  Time for real change, the embarrassments of Dunsilly and Casement need to be addressed asap and perhaps funding given to one club for a concrete standing area prior to next May

bannside

bannside

Antrim Post front page all about a huge Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council new pitch development at Moneyglass GAC. Talk of £3 million expenditure. Great news if true. Anyone from MG confirm. (HOOF where are you).

We (Casements) just beginning the ground works for our own second pitch development - should finish up similar to Ahoghill when finished.

Glenravel, Dunloy, Creggan, All Saints all got their grounds recently refurbished. There's going to be some great grounds in the SW in the next few years.