Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Quote from: hardstation on October 31, 2013, 10:54:07 AM
Ok, so Adams has managed a mediocre St. John's team to mediocrity.

What about Madden? I remember reading the Derry thread where people were saying he disappointed them at the Loup? Where else has he been?

Think on the management front, we have nothing to lose and all to gain with the fresh new approach of madden and Adams. Two young coaches with county playing experience along with experience at county coaching level. Add to this the commitment and passion for the jersey you can't get from an outsider and surely it can only be a positive. Hope they get the chance as no doubt it will happen at some stage so why not now?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on October 31, 2013, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: stibhan on October 31, 2013, 01:54:46 PM
Quote from: jftj on October 30, 2013, 12:56:17 PM
no wonder so many young lads turn their back on the game.

Aye, these young lads are definitely turning their backs on the game because they get suspended for fighting. Strange then that nothing has changed with regards these incidents in years of underage Antrim Football. I wasn't at the game between LD and St Johns so I'll have to take everyone on here's word for it but I sincerely hope that these suspensions, even if some of them are being called harsh, are indicative of sterner punishments for both disrespect to referees and off the ball incidents in the county across the board.

Far more people are put off Antrim football by a subculture of thuggery than this supposed mass pandemic of harsh underage suspensions.
Do you think refs should receive sterner punishment for disrespect?after all,there were loads of witnesses to duffys one finger salute?

Seriously? Maybe if he flipped it into your anus I'd be asking for some sort of ban but, come on???
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

If you are asking for Garrett to be punished then the replay should be played behind closed doors. Talking to some people who were at the game said the abuse aimed at him was at another level. Serious amount of suspensions being dished for an incident were supposedly 'nothing' happened. Either we are that used to aggro that some people are immune to it or just dont see anything wrong with it.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2013, 07:28:01 PM

Aye, these young lads are definitely turning their backs on the game because they get suspended for fighting. Strange then that nothing has changed with regards these incidents in years of underage Antrim Football. I wasn't at the game between LD and St Johns so I'll have to take everyone on here's word for it but I sincerely hope that these suspensions, even if some of them are being called harsh, are indicative of sterner punishments for both disrespect to referees and off the ball incidents in the county across the board.

Far more people are put off Antrim football by a subculture of thuggery than this supposed mass pandemic of harsh underage suspensions.
Do you think refs should receive sterner punishment for disrespect?after all,there were loads of witnesses to duffys one finger salute?

Seriously? Maybe if he flipped it into your anus I'd be asking for some sort of ban but, come on???

Lol, flipping fingers into ones anus

jftj

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2013, 07:28:01 PM

Think there's more chance of him flipping it into your anus to be honest(refs stick together and all that)

Gold

Would take the Baker back with open arms. Charismatic and a leader.

Too many of these off the ball incidents--these clubs couldnt hit you hard an fair, a problem that has led to our County teams being soft.

Time to grow up and call a spade a spade--this 'there was 2 of them at it' lies sickens me.

A ref giving a finger to neanderthals--who gives a f**k. What about dickheads who dig kids, breakin jaws and legs from behind?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

glens abu

Quote from: Gold on October 31, 2013, 10:15:16 PM
Would take the Baker back with open arms. Charismatic and a leader.

Too many of these off the ball incidents--these clubs couldnt hit you hard an fair, a problem that has led to our County teams being soft.

Time to grow up and call a spade a spade--this 'there was 2 of them at it' lies sickens me.

A ref giving a finger to neanderthals--who gives a f**k. What about d**kheads who dig kids, breakin jaws and legs from behind?

What about the boy that manages the Ladies teams is he not going for the job?

manballandall

Davy cherry?. He'd get my vote . Took the ladies to their first all Ireland win

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on November 01, 2013, 05:56:16 AM
Davy cherry?. He'd get my vote . Took the ladies to their first all Ireland win

Aye I'll mention that to him today at Down Royal lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jftj

Quote from: thecracken on October 31, 2013, 02:43:57 PM
I was at the game and have watched this site all week about the incidents. the fighting yes I have definitely seen worse at games in the past, but be realistic I witnessed lads punching one another, mentors(Teachers) striking lads, lads getting punched and retaliating (as you would do). Fundamentally though why did the mentors run in to the first instance, the old excuse is going in to break it up, FFS when has that ever worked, and to often is used as an excuse to have a go. IMO if they had stayed out the situation would have quickly defused itself and we could have had and end to the game, which was extremely entertaining. What I will also say, I moved 3 times during the game to get away from groups of people hurling serious and foul abuse at the referee mainly, but also at the opposition, and again those situations personally could have sparked a complete free for all among the supporters which would have been 10 times more serious than what occurred on the pitch.

The GAA should bring a rule, or some club should table a motion for the next convention that mentors etc etc are not allowed over the line under any circumstances, only medical personnel have that authority. See how that works.
Good to hear from somebody who was actually at the game and not somebody who is spouting rubbish for the sake of it.as far as the fighting,you said you have seen much worse-I definitely agree.mentors and subs running in to break it up-definitely agree that this helps nothing and only fans the flames.do you feel Duffy made the right decision abandoning that game?

Rawhide

cccc is a true supporter lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rawhide on November 02, 2013, 01:01:56 AM
So Baker gets the gig!

Heard that straight from one of the sons yesterday at Down Royal.

thecracken

Quote from: jftj on November 01, 2013, 04:56:19 PM
Quote from: thecracken on October 31, 2013, 02:43:57 PM
I was at the game and have watched this site all week about the incidents. the fighting yes I have definitely seen worse at games in the past, but be realistic I witnessed lads punching one another, mentors(Teachers) striking lads, lads getting punched and retaliating (as you would do). Fundamentally though why did the mentors run in to the first instance, the old excuse is going in to break it up, FFS when has that ever worked, and to often is used as an excuse to have a go. IMO if they had stayed out the situation would have quickly defused itself and we could have had and end to the game, which was extremely entertaining. What I will also say, I moved 3 times during the game to get away from groups of people hurling serious and foul abuse at the referee mainly, but also at the opposition, and again those situations personally could have sparked a complete free for all among the supporters which would have been 10 times more serious than what occurred on the pitch.

The GAA should bring a rule, or some club should table a motion for the next convention that mentors etc etc are not allowed over the line under any circumstances, only medical personnel have that authority. See how that works.
Good to hear from somebody who was actually at the game and not somebody who is spouting rubbish for the sake of it.as far as the fighting,you said you have seen much worse-I definitely agree.mentors and subs running in to break it up-definitely agree that this helps nothing and only fans the flames.do you feel Duffy made the right decision abandoning that game?

I can honestly say at the time I was bewildered, it caught everyone by surprise. In saying that now with the suspensions coming from his report and with hindsight, I ask myself the individuals that where suspended, was anyone named or suspended that shouldn't have been? If not and everyone is guilty under rule then we had if my info is correct 7+ lads, don't know what the ratio is club to club, then what he is guilty of is applying the rule book thoroughly and he would be the first in all my years playing and spectating at games. Usually the Ref gets two or three to satisfy and plays away! Not defending him however, if I had taken the abuse for that length of time he did, and had the rule book at my disposal then, I may have done the same to be honest. No matter how good or bad a ref is that was scandalous, surely you have to agree with there?

glens abu

Disappointed that the CB didn't go for the fresh young Antrim men Madden and Adams but wish Baker well,just hope he brings a good team with him and gets the players he lost last time around back on board.Think it will be hard for him to get that motivating factor he had in his first couple of years but hope I am proved wrong.