Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qubdub

Quote from: tintin25 on August 06, 2013, 12:16:00 PM
Folks, I assume Casement wont host any of the football championship finals?

Think all the championships are wide open this year.
Why wouldn't it?

tintin25

Thought it was closed for redevelopment? Or has that been stalled?

qubdub

As far as I was aware plans had been submitted, nothing more. Not sure that a decision has been made, surely it will remain open until the redevelopment is given the green light?

takeyourpoint

Casement will not be hosting any games. Although planning hasn't been approved the stadium needs to pass safety inspections etc to host games. The cost of these inspections are prohibitive thus no games at Casement.

optimus cheese

Any word on nominations for the football manager if any? Nominations supposed to be done last night.

qubdub

Quote from: takeyourpoint on August 06, 2013, 02:16:04 PM
Casement will not be hosting any games. Although planning hasn't been approved the stadium needs to pass safety inspections etc to host games. The cost of these inspections are prohibitive thus no games at Casement.
Really? Why is this? What makes the stadium any different from last year that would require safety inspections? Or is that an annual thing?

takeyourpoint

Each year Casement Park requires a safety certificate from Belfast City Council. A full safety check would cost a considerable amount of money. It probably isn't worth spending that money if the stadium is going to be replaced anyway. 

CitySlicker11

Senior Football Championship

Naomh Seamas v Ciceam an Creagán - Creggan by 7

St John's v Naomh Gall - St Galls by 4 

Clan na hEireann Carragan v    Naomh Mhuire Achadh Eochaille - Cargin by 13

ned

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 06, 2013, 05:11:21 PM
Senior Football Championship

Naomh Seamas v Ciceam an Creagán - Creggan by 7

St John's v Naomh Gall - St Galls by 4 

Clan na hEireann Carragan v    Naomh Mhuire Achadh Eochaille - Cargin by 13

I see Locky McCurdy named in the Johnnies championship squad on the county website. Is this the original Locky or a son? If it is THE Locky he must be hitting 40+!

imtommygunn

Locky senior must be near 50??

optimus cheese

jftj

jftj

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: jftj on August 11, 2013, 01:21:35 PM
johhnies to win by 4

Don't think they even scored 4 from play! Brutal stuff. St Galls even with the players they had missing hit some cracking scores today but would have expected more of a game.