Planning a weding

Started by southdown, September 04, 2013, 12:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 05, 2013, 03:52:24 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on September 05, 2013, 01:56:48 PM
A suggestion for the end of meal to get people talking/interacting.  Give the guests Lucky Bags

Stupid question, but what was in the lucky bags?

Divorce papers ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thejuice

My wife did her own make up. Saved a wee bit on that. She practiced different techniques that were on youtube. Don't know what a make up artist costs but if yer woman can be persuaded it might be worth while.

A colleague of mine just did a large hog roast on a spit as food. People just got bread baps, and queued for a slice of pig, then added their own apple sauce if they wanted. Handy way to do it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tommysmith

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 05, 2013, 01:56:48 PM
A suggestion for the end of meal to get people talking/interacting.  Give the guests Lucky Bags

It would be a real dry wedding if nobody was talking/interacting until the end of the meal.

laoislad

Too much messing going on at weddings these days.
Video CD wedding invites, lottery tickets as favours, lucky bags, photo booths  ::) I've never heard such bollix.

Load of tosh the lot of it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rois

Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2013, 09:20:56 PM
Too much messing going on at weddings these days.
Video CD wedding invites, lottery tickets as favours, lucky bags, photo booths  ::) I've never heard such bollix.

Load of tosh the lot of it.

Agreed!

The singing waiters haven't been mentioned yet.

Apparently so

As said, f**k off to another country and do it. Not as much shite to worry about

Orior

SouthDown, first of all, before you start planning the wedding day, have you selected a woman yet to be your awful wedded wife?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Maguire01

Getting married abroad is the way to do it. We did it that way and I have experienced it as a guest too. Surprised by the lack of value given to hiring a professional photographer, especially when people throw money at other things that will be long forgotten after the day. We ditched flowers - an unnecessary expense, although I'm sure some brides won't agree. We also didn't bother with a fancy car.

Orior

Unusual ways to ask for a woman's hand in marriage:

1) Would you like to be buried in the same plot as me?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

No speeches. No photos.

A handful of people and a ceile.

If anyone asks you to pause for a photo walk on. Cheap meal. Cheap drink.

Brilliant day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

maggie

Best wedding ive been to was in Milan in August. As someone said the guests can make a holiday out of it too (we stayed for a week). The food was amazing. 7 courses throughout the evening-tables out in the gardens by the pool.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

giveherlong

Anyone know of any places which hire hummers in the Tyrone, Cavan, monaghan, Fermanagh direction? The chapel is in Clogher and reception in Cavan town. I've been quoted £500 from a Strabane based one but there may be more value in somewhere closer to Clogher/Cavan. Cheers

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Under Lights on September 24, 2013, 10:56:25 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on September 24, 2013, 10:33:15 AM
Anyone know of any places which hire hummers in the Tyrone, Cavan, monaghan, Fermanagh direction? The chapel is in Clogher and reception in Cavan town. I've been quoted £500 from a Strabane based one but there may be more value in somewhere closer to Clogher/Cavan. Cheers

£500 sounds about right pal.
When is the wedding?
Which hotel in Cavan?
Glendale outside omagh do that sort of thing
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either