The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Hard to see a classic as usual in these fixtures. Single goal could well be enough to take it and would dread to think that if Liverpool go behind it will be curtains.

Don't expect both Torres and Gerrad to play, of the two Torres would be most important to play but if he has any doubts no piont risking him. Think he played in this game last year on similar injury and struggled before coming off at half time.

If its Gerrad could see playing in the hole with Robbie up front on own, Riera one wing and Kuyt the other, Alonso and Mash in MF with both getting forward. Need to put United under pressure and keep them on back foot. Tall order.

Going for a 1-0 to the pool with Robbie Keane getting off the mark.

gawa316

If gerrard and Torress fit I'll go for

Reina
Arbeloa, carra, Agger, Dossena
            Masch, Alonso
Gerrard       Keane      Reira
                 Torres

Without them

Reina
Arbeloa, Carra, Agger, Dossena
            Masch, Alonso
Babel        Kuyt         Reira
              Keane

gawa316

Over the Bar

QuoteI like the look of this...

Each to his own... :-\

stevo-08

Quote from: gawa316 on September 12, 2008, 12:39:16 PM
If gerrard and Torress fit I'll go for

Reina
Arbeloa, carra, Agger, Dossena
            Masch, Alonso
Gerrard       Keane      Reira
                 Torres

Without them

Reina
Arbeloa, Carra, Agger, Dossena
            Masch, Alonso
Babel        Kuyt         Reira
              Keane

That first team with gerrard & torres looks good gawa, was thinking about that myself. But there's just no way in the world that rafa wont play kuyt. Also, i doubt agger will start. Hasnt started a PL game yet this season so will hardly throw him in against utd. Stoke next week should give agger a chance to impress.

gawa316

gawa316

Quote from: stevo-08 on September 12, 2008, 12:59:51 PM

That first team with gerrard & torres looks good gawa, was thinking about that myself. But there's just no way in the world that rafa wont play kuyt. Also, i doubt agger will start. Hasnt started a PL game yet this season so will hardly throw him in against utd. Stoke next week should give agger a chance to impress.

Yeah Kuyt will be the 1st name down, maybe it was wishful thinking!

As for Agger i wish he had a few games under his belt because his ability to bring the ball out can take the pressure of our midfield

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on September 12, 2008, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on September 12, 2008, 12:59:51 PM

Yeah Kuyt will be the 1st name down, maybe it was wishful thinking!

As for Agger i wish he had a few games under his belt because his ability to bring the ball out can take the pressure of our midfield

Agger played 90 mins in both Denmarks internationals, i doubt if he will play tomorrow.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stevo-08

Quote from: Minder on September 12, 2008, 01:33:13 PM

Agger played 90 mins in both Denmarks internationals, i doubt if he will play tomorrow.

and from reports, he played quite well in the internationals.

with the CL game away to marseille coming up next tuesday, I can see Agger definitely featuring in the stoke game next weekend.
As has been said, we've definitely missed his ability to bring the ball out of defence.

thewingedlady

This just in from BBC

Liverpool duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres have both been declared fit to face Manchester United.

Gerrard missed England's 4-1 win in Croatia on Wednesday after undergoing a minor groin operation, while Torres has recovered from a hamstring tear.

Both players are included in Rafael Benitez's squad after coming through a light training session on Friday.

"They are both much better," said Benitez. "They came through a full training session this morning."

He added: "It's important for us to have these two players of quality who can change a game.

"I'm not surprised they are available because the medical staff have done a good job and the players have been working really hard with the physios to get fit."

Albert Riera is in line to make his Liverpool bow after signing from Espanyol on transfer deadline day, while Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva misses out after returning late from international journey.

Man Utd team news to follow later.

All a big ploy then, happy days!

magpie seanie

Quotea 1-0 to the pool with Robbie Keane getting off the mark.

I have had that exact same thought nagging at me all week and I haven't been able to shake it. United are not playing well either.

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 12, 2008, 02:12:56 PM
Quotea 1-0 to the pool with Robbie Keane getting off the mark.

I have had that exact same thought nagging at me all week and I haven't been able to shake it. United are not playing well either.

The stats are crazy. Feruson had the hodoo sign over Rafa. Each time I come on here going "United should beat us" and secretly don't believe it. I have never been as downbeat before and we have had ou best start in years. The scene is set for Keane to ram Fergusons' comments down his throat - will not happen though.

Over the Bar

QuoteThe scene is set for Keane to ram Fergusons' comments down his throat - will not happen though.

Personally I'd like to see United inflict the heaviest ever defeat on Liverpool at Anfield and given Arsenal's recent turkey-shoot on Merseyside it won't be easy scoring that many goals.   Doubt if it will happen either tho.

corn02