The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Fowler for Baclburn - God could be back in the Premiership.

Btw Insua will make a big impact this year.

full back

Was shocked when I heard about Fowler & Blackburn.
Thought that was it over for him when he went to Cardiff - and he didnt exactly set the world alight there
Perhaps Ince is looking after his mate & former playing colleague

corn02

Sounds a bit like that but who cares if Fowler gets to run around the premierhsip again.

GalwayBayBoy

Liverpool have today confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri from Brazilian outfit Palmeiras. 
The 25-year-old has penned a four-year contract with the Reds and will act as understudy to Pepe Reina in the Liverpool goal.

After becoming the third major arrival at Anfield over the summer, Cavalieri - who was born in Brazil but holds an Italian passport - is now looking forward to the chance of establishing himself in the Premier League.

"I know it won't be easy to get into the team," he told Liverpoolfc.tv in his first interview since arriving in England. "I watched some Liverpool games in both the Premier League and Champions League last year and I know Pepe is a very good goalkeeper. But everyone has to fight for their place and I'm sure we will have a healthy rivalry.

"I know I will have to be patient and work very hard to achieve my aims – but it is always like that when you come from another country. You have to adapt inside and outside of the pitch and get used to the way things work. But with hard work you get there.

"My confidence has got me where I am today and maybe people are aware of what I did at Palmeiras in Brazil. I am sure that one day I can get the number one position but that will only come with hard work."

Cavalieri, who cites countrymen Taffarel and Marcos as his role models, admits he hasn't had much time to dwell on his dream move to Europe, with everything happening in the space of a week.

Despite the haste in which his life has been turned upside down, the shot-stopper claims he didn't hesitate to pack up his gloves once Liverpool showed an interest.

"I feel very privileged and happy to have signed for Liverpool because everyone knows they are one of the top clubs in the world," he explained. "The name 'Liverpool' is known all around the world. It's an honour to wear this shirt.

"It was a dream for me to come to Europe, though I was taken aback by how quickly everything happened. It's all been sorted out in one week.

"But I have been given a very good welcome from my teammates and the manager, so I'm very happy to be here. I just hope I can respond to all this.

"Rafa and I spoke for a long time on the day I arrived. He explained to me how the football is here and the differences from Brazil. He also talked to me about the responsibilities of representing a club like Liverpool."

Cavalieri is now the third Brazilian at Melwood alongside Fabio Aurelio and Lucas.

The pair have already offered their services in helping the new boy settle into the English way of life – not that the move to Europe is as daunting as it once was.

Ever increasing numbers of South Americans are now cutting their teeth in the Premier League, a trend Cavalieri doesn't expect to change.

He explained: "I had an opportunity to talk to Lucas and Fabio when I arrived and they have welcomed me with open arms. They said that if there is anything I need they will help me. I'm very pleased that I'll be playing alongside some Brazilians.

"I think the quality of the Brazilian players means they can come to Europe. Every day you hear about new players coming through. Also, the European market is very strong and it's very difficult for the Brazilian market to compete." 

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on July 11, 2008, 10:43:23 AM
Sounds a bit like that but who cares if Fowler gets to run around the premierhsip again.

I for one would be delighted for him
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Over the Bar

QuoteWas shocked when I heard about Fowler & Blackburn.

Ince's transfer dealings could even make Roy Keane's look good!

Captain Black

Quote from: corn02 on July 11, 2008, 10:03:45 AM
Fowler for Baclburn - God could be back in the Premiership.

Btw Insua will make a big impact this year.

Why do you think that Corn? I would like to see him deliver on the potential he has shown, but surely we will only see him fleetingly again this season due to Dossena's arrival? Was there not chat that Insua was offered to Villa as part of the first Barry offer? He looks v good going forward, but has looked shaky defending as well.

Guthrie looks to be on his way to Newcastle, 2m.

magpie seanie

QuoteI for one would be delighted for him

That's terrible. Watching one of your former heros making an eejit of himself as he is patently over the hill would make you happy? Eaten bread.... ;)

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 11, 2008, 03:04:35 PM

That's terrible. Watching one of your former heros making an eejit of himself as he is patently over the hill would make you happy? Eaten bread.... ;)

Are you worried he'll be pulling the five finger salute again? His record aginst United isn't bad.  ;)

Surprised at the move and I'm sure Robbie himself is. Injuries and weight have taken their toll on him and was sure he'd be happy at home counting his houses at this stage.

Saying that, I'd have himover Voronin any day of any week.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 11, 2008, 03:04:35 PM

Your attempts at humor are pretty dire  :D
Yeah why would you be happy for one of the Premierships greatest ever strikers getting a contract at a Premier League club at the ripe auld age of 33 ::)
Aye sure there are no examples of older "over the hill" players " going to clubs and and still turning in a few decent performances,Sure Gary Macallister at Liverpool or Dwight Yorke at Sunderland never happened
He obviously ain't going to play him in every game but i have no doubt the younger players coming through the Blackburn setup will look up to someone like Fowler,And who knows maybe he will take up a coaching job there next season..
I wish him all the best
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 11, 2008, 09:45:12 AM
Will his patented "run away from the ball pretending it was a dummy" be the key to ending Liverpools long wait for the title?

Even though Im one of Keane's biggest critics when he plays for Ireland(even though his goal scored tally would prove me wrong) You can't deny his record for Spurs has been excellent over the past few years..23 goals in all competions last year is a decent return for anybody,And if he was playing with someone of the talent of Torres,Gerrard and maybe Barry which he doesn't have at Spurs I believe he would be a excellent player for Liverpool,just the type of player we are looking for actually imho
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2008, 03:37:48 PM
I believe he would be a excellent player for Liverpool,just the type of player we are looking for actually imho

IMHO LL a strike should not be your main priority
You could do with a few more creative players rather than a finisher

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on July 11, 2008, 04:08:10 PM
I believe he would be a excellent player for Liverpool,just the type of player we are looking for actually imho

Probably why their looking for Barry i would guess! No harm in having another top class striker either though is there
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2008, 04:13:03 PM

Probably why their looking for Barry i would guess! No harm in having another top class striker either though is there

No harm indeed LL, but if you arent creating the chances it wouldnt matter if you had the Lord himself up front ;)
Liverpool are more than Barry & Keane short of winning the PL

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on July 11, 2008, 04:20:11 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2008, 04:13:03 PM

No harm indeed LL, but if you arent creating the chances it wouldnt matter if you had the Lord himself up front ;)
Liverpool are more than Barry & Keane short of winning the PL

I believe he has signed for Blackburn  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.