Armagh v Cavan Sun 8th June

Started by illdecide, May 07, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 10, 2014, 10:48:06 AM
Its McVeety. Farrelly should dislodge Gilsenan as he is too error prone. But Gilsenan will probably get the nod

Thanks Rodney.

There is an apostrophe in "its", you should not start a sentence with a conjunction and you are missing a full stop after 'nod'.  ;D

rodney trotter

Thanks for the grammar lesson Myles,  Getting a player's name right is easier though

our_fella

Gona take a wild stab at the Armagh team, however, choosing 15 from the 19 current outfield players who are fit shall be quite a task

McEvoy
Morgan
Donaghy
Mallon
Kernan
McKeever
Shields
Harold
E. Rafferty
C. Raffert
Dyas
Kernan
Clarke
Forker
Campbell/Carragher

Which leaves the bench cosisting of Vernon, Toner, Moriorty, Campbell/Carragher, McCooey, B.Mallon

Itchy

So yis will only have 4 sub's on the day? That's terrible, maybe Cavan could lend you a few sub's to make up the numbers.

our_fella

At this rate, 4 would be lucky lol

They played Louth earlier in the week with 21 lads not playing

Throw ball

Quote from: our_fella on May 10, 2014, 02:12:35 PM
Gona take a wild stab at the Armagh team, however, choosing 15 from the 19 current outfield players who are fit shall be quite a task

McEvoy
Morgan
Donaghy
Mallon
Kernan
McKeever
Shields
Harold
E. Rafferty
C. Raffert
Dyas
Kernan
Clarke
Forker
Campbell/Carragher

Which leaves the bench cosisting of Vernon, Toner, Moriorty, Campbell/Carragher, McCooey, B.Mallon

If fit Campbell is nearly a certain starter.

general_lee

Campbell has to start, if he has maintained his league form. Him and Clarke two dangerous men if the right ball is put in.

Quote from: our_fella on May 10, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

How'd that game finish?

Throw ball

Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2014, 05:33:26 PM
Campbell has to start, if he has maintained his league form. Him and Clarke two dangerous men if the right ball is put in.

Quote from: our_fella on May 10, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

How'd that game finish?

Heard Armagh won 4-10 to 1-10. No other details

omagh_gael

I see none of the Cavan posters have Givney in their 1st 15. I thought he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet. Or is he coming back from injury?

Westside

Can't speak for the others (although I'd guess they've omitted him due to poor form) but for me he's not good enough to warrant a starting place. Can produce some fantastic moments but his overall play is too error ridden at this level. Perhaps the move away from Junior club football to Ballymun might do him the world of good. At Junior level he does what he wants and minor mistakes don't get punished. Senior football might help his overall consistency and concentration.

INDIANA

Quote from: Westside on May 11, 2014, 07:28:05 PM
Can't speak for the others (although I'd guess they've omitted him due to poor form) but for me he's not good enough to warrant a starting place. Can produce some fantastic moments but his overall play is too error ridden at this level. Perhaps the move away from Junior club football to Ballymun might do him the world of good. At Junior level he does what he wants and minor mistakes don't get punished. Senior football might help his overall consistency and concentration.

I would say he's one of your most skilled players. Good athlete too.

rodney trotter

His move to Ballymun hasn't gone through as of yet , if there is to be a move at all.

Westside

Quote from: INDIANA on May 11, 2014, 07:43:41 PM

When was the last time he played very well or dominated midfield in a championship game? Skill alone isn't enough.

Itchy

The problem is that I don't think David and Gearoid are going to play together in midfield as they are too similar. If you choose one for no 8 its going to be Gearoid. Givney is decent in the full forward line too but would he dislodge keating or Dunne. Unlikely on current form. He's been tried at half forward and hasn't really impressed. His form if late hasnt been great. He was only the 3rd sub introduced against Ros in the league final.

INDIANA

Quote from: Westside on May 11, 2014, 08:28:24 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 11, 2014, 07:43:41 PM

When was the last time he played very well or dominated midfield in a championship game? Skill alone isn't enough.

He is a good athlete though. I've seen him play  a good bit. Sometimes you need to invest a bit of faith in a player. I think he'd make a very good 11.