Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Guys, you will on the basis of the championship so far be tipped by some to beat the Dubs as you so recently did in the league ( a hammering) and the last time in the championship. If you beat us in September there imvho cannot be any type of this "no one gave us a chance" nonsense.

To me anyway it remains to be seen whether Dublin 2012 have another gear to rise to having ambled to the AISFs or whether the past performances are a true indicator of our worth this season. A continuation of our recent form so far this year as I have said already will result in a double digit defeat for us. Will the Dublin in the fog team show up or the rearranged fixture Dublin team make an appearance............who knows?

As I have pointed already the way we lost the 2006 AISF still grates and in this instance (imho again) Mayo don't have the monopoly of the perma-grievance this year.
For me anyhows Dublin never looked in danger of losing to Laois despite the 3 point margin.

Truth be told I would be far the happier to see one of our  minor teams win the AI.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2012, 08:58:07 PM
This could be a bit of a mini-classic. If Andy Moran isn't available every bit of preparation should be geared towards developing Mayo's inside forwards' awareness, it was a very good performance today but so much went through Andy and a few times other players weren't even prepared for inside passes.

Nail on head.

We re going to be severely limited by Andy s absence. His pop for Doherty for the first goal is something we ve rarely had  - til now.

When Freeman came on he nearly always took the wrong option - kicking into blocks etc. When Andy is there he ll be trying to put a finisher like Doherty in. With Freeman a likely replacement Doherty less likely to be in the game at all so it s a massive blow to our chances.

Tubberman

Confirmed that Andy has done his cruciate. Poor fella, he is a fantastic leader and will be a huge loss, but I'm sure he'll stay very much involved and will be doing all he can to encourage the rest of the players.

Statement from @MayoGAA:

Following a scan yesterday evening and a consultation this morning, it has been confirmed that Mayo Senior Football Team Captain Andy Moran has suffered cruciate ligament damage to his knee. Andy Moran has been a real leader on the team all year and will continue to do so. Andy Moran will still play a major role in the Mayo Senior Football team on their All-Ireland campaign this year. We wish Andy a speedy recovery and no doubt will see him back again soon. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Cosmo Kramer

The game is on Sunday September 2nd. It really will depend on how much better Dublin will be than they have been so far in the championship. From what I have seen of them (Wexford and Laois games) they are not playing great. But they are All-Ireland champions and are therefore clearly capable of much better. If they bring their 'A' game they will be hard beaten, if they continue the way they have played so far there will be hope for Mayo, even without Andy.

However, in terms of going all the way, without Andy as per Tubberman's post above our chances are very slim.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ziggy90

Quote from: Tubberman on August 05, 2012, 01:47:57 PM
Confirmed that Andy has done his cruciate. Poor fella, he is a fantastic leader and will be a huge loss, but I'm sure he'll stay very much involved and will be doing all he can to encourage the rest of the players.

Statement from @MayoGAA:

Following a scan yesterday evening and a consultation this morning, it has been confirmed that Mayo Senior Football Team Captain Andy Moran has suffered cruciate ligament damage to his knee. Andy Moran has been a real leader on the team all year and will continue to do so. Andy Moran will still play a major role in the Mayo Senior Football team on their All-Ireland campaign this year. We wish Andy a speedy recovery and no doubt will see him back again soon.

Awful news, I was watching the game at home and could hear the roar he gave out and guessed then he'd done his cruciate. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Syferus

Sad to hear Andy's out. Not only one of the modern game's best players but an absolute gent to boot.

Huge, huge barometer test for the inside forward line now that The Mort and Andy aren't available. Mayo have a shot not just at beating Dublin but at winning the All-Ireland this year. It's time for the likes of Conroy, Varley, Doherty and Freeman to prove big enough for the stage.

Good luck lads, I genuinely would love to see Mayo go all the way.

Orangemac

Mayo have a great chance here, going in as underdogs. Would be great to see Donegal or Mayo win Sam.

Dublin have really only played 1 decent half of football in the last 3 games and they looked bereft of leadership in the closing stages of the last 2 games.Bernard Brogan could come to life next day out but if Mayo can keep him frustrated they are in with a real shout.

Will there be a toss of a coin to see who gets the hill this time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=mGs-0u1E3uw

ONeill

The Dubs will take this by 5+.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

Quote from: Orangemac on August 05, 2012, 11:36:06 PM
Mayo have a great chance here, going in as underdogs. Would be great to see Donegal or Mayo win Sam.

Dublin have really only played 1 decent half of football in the last 3 games and they looked bereft of leadership in the closing stages of the last 2 games.Bernard Brogan could come to life next day out but if Mayo can keep him frustrated they are in with a real shout.

Will there be a toss of a coin to see who gets the hill this time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=mGs-0u1E3uw

Look it s not going to be that simple. Mayo would need to be way better to win this because of the xtra curricular stuff. Like 06 we were in control until McGarrity assault and then the musical chairs of blood subs around Whelan. We produced one of the great end games to win it against the head but I hear Dub lads talk of that Mayo win still grating.  Ffs I never remember being beaten so beautifully. That s beyond belief.
We ll have to win it against the head/ref again the next day. End of. I m not complaining - just the way it is for the top teams.

Chimley

Quote from: ONeill on August 05, 2012, 11:51:25 PM
The Dubs will take this by 5+.

Dubs -2 at evens with Paddy Power.

heffo

Mayo definite favorites for this.

Very impressive disposing of a tight marking aggressive Down team who didnt give up.

Mayo Beat us comfortably in the league and thats of huge significance

Mayo v Cork final with Cork winning it

Tubberman

Quote from: heffo on August 06, 2012, 09:36:17 AM

Very impressive disposing of a tight marking aggressive Down team who didnt give up.

Good man, always good to start the day with a laugh :) :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

Yerra..... ;D

Farrandeelin

Jays, could've sworn it was you saying the league has no significance on the championship. Cop on FFS, we won't take that bait! :) Nice try though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Fair play to ya, Heffo. Let it never be said that I can't agree with you. ;D
Mind you, I'd give Mayo a sporting chance if Andy Moran was fit but our only hope now is that the Dubs don't hit form. That's a real possibility alright but it's for the Dubs to lose rather than for Mayo to win.
I think the AI will be going to Cork or Donegal.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi