Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Gaffer on July 26, 2011, 01:04:31 AM

There s no way a FF line of Coney , Donnelly and McGuigan will win us an All Ireland .

So who will ye be playing in the Final  :D
Nothing like seeing our opponents getting a biteen ahead of themselves.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

You'd think all Tyrone had to do was to turn up to win this roscommon match reading some of this!!

All opposition must be respected especially at this stage. Failure to do so and there'll be no dubs game. I'd be worried if I were a Tyrone fan - win roscommon game easy and it'll be I told you so, win it tight and it'll be your rubbish, get beat and it'll be shock of the year. Nothing good can come from this game for Tyrone and it is a big banana skin...

EC Unique

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 26, 2011, 12:09:04 PM
You'd think all Tyrone had to do was to turn up to win this roscommon match reading some of this!!

All opposition must be respected especially at this stage. Failure to do so and there'll be no dubs game. I'd be worried if I were a Tyrone fan - win roscommon game easy and it'll be I told you so, win it tight and it'll be your rubbish, get beat and it'll be shock of the year. Nothing good can come from this game for Tyrone and it is a big banana skin...

Of course something good can come out of it. If Tyrone win without any injuries or suspensions then they are in the quarter finals against Dublin. The matter of how they win is not important. It is a stepping stone that may be slippy but they should not fall off.

Gaffer

Quote from: Rossfan on July 26, 2011, 12:02:24 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on July 26, 2011, 01:04:31 AM

There s no way a FF line of Coney , Donnelly and McGuigan will win us an All Ireland .

So who will ye be playing in the Final  :D
Nothing like seeing our opponents getting a biteen ahead of themselves.

Never mentioned the actual Final.

My point was that FF line that started last Saturday v Armagh is not experienced enough to go the whole way.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

randomtask

Tyrone are ticking away very nicely, and are a fantastic price at 11/1. They still have two all-stars to fit back into their team in the shape of justin mc mahon and stevie o'neill, these two would get in any county in in Ireland. Also aidan cassidy would be a great addition superb fielder of the ball and knows not to shoot unlike hub. As well as that they have the experience and are one of only two teams in ireland that would fancy their chances against any team. in my opinion if we could get this 15 below fully fit and into a semi final we will take a lot of stopping. Come on Tyrone!!!

Packie
                               Gormley    Joey Mac   Swifty
                               Sean O     Justy Mac  Phily Jordan

Sean Cav    Cassidy

P.Harte     B.Mc Guigan  C.Cavanagh   
                              Sparky       Stevie O       T.Mc Guigan/Mulliagan     

nrico2006

Quote from: randomtask on July 26, 2011, 03:59:35 PM
Tyrone are ticking away very nicely, and are a fantastic price at 11/1. They still have two all-stars to fit back into their team in the shape of justin mc mahon and stevie o'neill, these two would get in any county in in Ireland. Also aidan cassidy would be a great addition superb fielder of the ball and knows not to shoot unlike hub. As well as that they have the experience and are one of only two teams in ireland that would fancy their chances against any team. in my opinion if we could get this 15 below fully fit and into a semi final we will take a lot of stopping. Come on Tyrone!!!

Packie

Sean Cav    Cassidy

Good team, but I would still like to see Coney kept in there.  The more games he gets at this level the sooner he will really kick off.  The experience he is getting at the minute is vital, and sooner or later his confidence will really kick in and he will show what he can do at this level.  Look at the 97/98 minor winning stars that came through, it took them a run of games at this level to find their feet and even Peter Harte got the chance to bed in last year and now look at the performances he is putting in. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

randomtask

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 26, 2011, 04:14:48 PM

Packie

Sean Cav    Cassidy

Good team, but I would still like to see Coney kept in there.  The more games he gets at this level the sooner he will really kick off.  The experience he is getting at the minute is vital, and sooner or later his confidence will really kick in and he will show what he can do at this level.  Look at the 97/98 minor winning stars that came through, it took them a run of games at this level to find their feet and even Peter Harte got the chance to bed in last year and now look at the performances he is putting in.

To be honest i don't agree with you on coney. Having watched an awful lot of him in the last five years, i have come to the conclusion that he is a luxury player that needs space to operate, i would also have doubts over his ability to work as hard as the likes of donnelly or harte. There is no doubt that he is a good player but i think he will find it hard to nail down a place especially after his performance last weekend. Moriarty is not a good player, he started very few games for armagh this season, but he seemed to bully coney and handle without much fuss. Can you imagine how tough he would find against the much more superior defences and better defenders of donegal, dublin or cork. I would be very surprised if he didnt struggle.

*Note i forgot to include penrose, i would probably give him the nod over tommy and mulligan*

ross4life

Quote from: EC Unique on July 26, 2011, 12:16:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 26, 2011, 12:09:04 PM

Of course something good can come out of it. If Tyrone win without any injuries or suspensions then they are in the quarter finals against Dublin. The matter of how they win is not important. It is a stepping stone that may be slippy but they should not fall off.

The cliches here are getting worse as the week goes on  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Orangemac

Packie

Sean Cav    Cassidy

Not wanting to jinx Tyrone ;D but things seem to be falling into place for them. Arguably have as strong a panel of 22/23 players as any team in the country and draw is set up for Tyrone v Kerry final which they would invariably go into as underdogs.

Wouldn't start C Cavanagh though.

randomtask

Quote from: Orangemac on July 26, 2011, 10:42:45 PM

Packie

Sean Cav    Cassidy

Not wanting to jinx Tyrone ;D but things seem to be falling into place for them. Arguably have as strong a panel of 22/23 players as any team in the country and draw is set up for Tyrone v Kerry final which they would invariably go into as underdogs.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a better defence in the country than tyrones, if they managed to field that team and they were all fit

spuds

Quote from: randomtask on July 26, 2011, 11:52:00 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on July 26, 2011, 10:42:45 PM

Packie

Sean Cav    Cassidy

I think you would be hard pressed to find a better defence in the country than tyrones, if they managed to field that team and they were all fit

What about this old softie ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

CorkmaninLondon

Cork to finally end Kerry Croker hoodoo in style
and then grind it out for 50 mins with Tyrone
before opening up and reclaiming Sam!

CorkmaninLondon

Only joking! It'll be Kildare that Cork will be reeling in and grinding down in final!

Hound

Darragh O'Se in the Times today ranks Tyrone as no.3 in the country, ahead of Kildare and the Dubs.

heffo

Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2011, 08:58:55 AM
Darragh O'Se in the Times today ranks Tyrone as no.3 in the country, ahead of Kildare and the Dubs.

Neither Dublin nor Kildare could have any complaints with that. Tyrone have three AI's.