Paddy O'Rourke named as new Armagh Manager

Started by orange2009, October 02, 2009, 08:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghtothebone

Was talking about the appointment to a few GAA mates during the week, and I asked if we might end up with a compromise that nobody really wanted but that everybody could accept.
I had a few names in mind but never ever ever in my deepest darkest nightmare could I have imagined that the county board would take leave of their senses to this extent

orangeman

O'Rourke named as Armagh boss
Paddy O'Rourke has been confirmed as Armagh's new Senior manager.

Friday, 02 October 2009
Tags: gaa Local Sport

He is the first manager to come from outside Armagh since 1977.

While playing for Down, O'Rourke led them to their All Ireland win in 1991 but was axed as County manager in 2006 after a poor championship campaign.

"I find Armagh a very attractive county. You're a very passionate county," O'Rourke told the club's website.

Article Continues
"It's a very special jersey. It has been made even more special but the heights that the jersey has gone to. I want every player to earn and die for the jersey, be very committed to the cause of being successful for Armagh."

Paddy O'Rourke said he wanted to appoint two selectors from inside the county, as well as a coach and a medical team.

He replaces Peter McDonnell who resigned as the team's coach in July.

© UTV News

tyrone86

As much as I laughed when I saw this, I would have thought this couldn't be confirmed until the County Committee delegates actually approve it. If they (the delegates) have any sense and the management committee threaten to walk again (as they did when Grimley was passed over for McDonnell IIRC) I'd let them go. On a serious level, I'd say anyone that feels strongly enough should be agitating their County Board rep to veto this when it comes up for approval.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 02, 2009, 09:12:39 PM
As much as I laughed when I saw this, I would have thought this couldn't be confirmed until the County Committee delegates actually approve it. If they (the delegates) have any sense and the management committee threaten to walk again (as they did when Grimley was passed over for McDonnell IIRC) I'd let them go. On a serious level, I'd say anyone that feels strongly enough should be agitating their County Board rep to veto this when it comes up for approval.

The suggestion on orcahrdcounty is that the clubs ratified this.  >:(   :o
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Pangurban

Armagh Fans disgusted, the rest of the Country bent double with laughter and delight, but spare a thought for a Man who must be totally bewildered by this turn of events, namely Pete Mc Grath. Bad enough, indeed scandalous that that his own Co. rejected him, but to be passed over again by the neighbours, must be a huge blow to his esteem. I suspect Louth will be beneficiaries of Down and Armaghs stupidity

DuffleKing

Quote from: orangeman on October 02, 2009, 09:12:28 PM

Friday, 02 October 2009

While playing for Down, O'Rourke led them to their All Ireland win in 1991 but was axed as County manager in 2006 after a poor championship campaign.

"I find Armagh a very attractive county. You're a very passionate county," O'Rourke told the club's website.

Article Continues
"It's a very special jersey. It has been made even more special but the heights that the jersey has gone to. I want every player to earn and die for the jersey, be very committed to the cause of being successful for Armagh."

Paddy O'Rourke said he wanted to appoint two selectors from inside the county, as well as a coach and a medical team.

© UTV News

Reading this bullshit from a down man makes me sick

orangeman

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 02, 2009, 09:16:56 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 02, 2009, 09:12:28 PM

Friday, 02 October 2009

Article Continues

© UTV News

Reading this bullshit from a down man makes me sick

It's bound to be a bit sickening alright.

Cúig huaire

Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Pangurban on October 02, 2009, 09:16:13 PM
Armagh Fans disgusted, the rest of the Country bent double with laughter and delight, but spare a thought for a Man who must be totally bewildered by this turn of events, namely Pete Mc Grath. Bad enough, indeed scandalous that that his own Co. rejected him, but to be passed over again by the neighbours, must be a huge blow to his esteem. I suspect Louth will be beneficiaries of Down and Armaghs stupidity

The rest of the country couldn't care less but a few obsessives in Down and to a lesser extent Tyrone seem to be happy alright.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

I text a number of people and wasn't believed and now it's on the news all I'm getting is texts back ranting and reaving about the county board.   :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Brick Tamlin

as a Down man and all joking aside, what looks like a ridiculous appointment might actually turn out to surprise a few people on here.

Aghdavoyle

Cúig huaire

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 02, 2009, 09:22:46 PM
I text a number of people and wasn't believed and now it's on the news all I'm getting is texts back ranting and reaving about the county board.   :-\

In fairness pints, no one ever believes a word you say.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

DuffleKing

Getting vibes through that getting players to tog out might be por's biggest job

pintsofguinness

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 02, 2009, 09:26:17 PM

Getting vibes through that getting players to tog out might be por's biggest job
Why do you say that? I thought they approved this?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?