Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 04:09:06 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on September 02, 2015, 03:55:29 PM
So if a manager is told he an only spend 50M, anything more than that then he needs to generate the money with sales doesn't count?

By this thinking then he is LVG is not to be blamed for only having net 3 strikers and only be judged on the new lad that came in? If through injuries Utd don't have a striker at any point in the season then LVG is in the clear as we're not talking about Net.

Nuts!!!!

The manager can never be in the clear because he buys and SELLS the players.......

So now you want to include the sales. OK, now its all clear!

Bord na Mona man

So if I trade in a €25k car for a €40k car, I've spent €40k on a car?

laoislad

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 02, 2015, 04:03:13 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 02, 2015, 03:35:16 PM
Arguing against net spend is simply ridiculous.

No point in trying to reason with someone who takes no notice of net spend. Their either on the wind up or very naïve.
So if a clubs spends 250million on players and ends up winning nothing it can be excused because they may have recouped 100 mill by selling other players and only have a net spend of 150million or whatever.
People who aren't living in cloud cuckoo land would probably say the manager just bought shite players and wasn't up to the job himself.
It's pretty simple,if you spend 250mill on what you consider to be talented players and end up failing then net spend means sweet fcuk all. Any one that can't see that is pretty naive....
AND YES I INCLUDE LIVERPOOL IN THAT ALSO.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

Rodgers has spent just over £280m since he arrived whilst Pellegrini has spent over £300m. Wenger has spent over £190m in the same time Rodgers has been at Liverpool whilst Mourinho has spent £280m in his few years here.

Pellegrini by a mile inherited the best squad too.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Muck Savage on September 02, 2015, 04:13:39 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 04:09:06 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on September 02, 2015, 03:55:29 PM
So if a manager is told he an only spend 50M, anything more than that then he needs to generate the money with sales doesn't count?

By this thinking then he is LVG is not to be blamed for only having net 3 strikers and only be judged on the new lad that came in? If through injuries Utd don't have a striker at any point in the season then LVG is in the clear as we're not talking about Net.

Nuts!!!!

The manager can never be in the clear because he buys and SELLS the players.......

So now you want to include the sales. OK, now its all clear!

Only mentioned selling in relation to your reference to no strikers being available through injury....and that it couldn't be the managers fault...

How many were sold or let go?

Its the managers fault for selling them and/or not replacing them....

Anyway has no real connection to my original post hence my opening line...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 02, 2015, 04:14:37 PM

Seems so. And I wonder how Governments can con people with dodgy economics - seems it's actually quite easy!!!!

laoislad

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 02, 2015, 04:17:59 PM
Rodgers has spent just over £280m since he arrived whilst Pellegrini has spent over £300m. Wenger has spent over £190m in the same time Rodgers has been at Liverpool whilst Mourinho has spent £280m in his few years here.

Pellegrini by a mile inherited the best squad too.
What's your point? Every knows Rodgers has made a mess of transfers since he came in,no one has ever denied that.If he doesn't deliver this season then he's gone,no one will give a fcuk about his net spend.
If anything it makes my point even more solid.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on September 02, 2015, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 02, 2015, 04:03:13 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 02, 2015, 03:35:16 PM
Arguing against net spend is simply ridiculous.

No point in trying to reason with someone who takes no notice of net spend. Their either on the wind up or very naïve.
So if a clubs spends 250million on players and ends up winning nothing it can be excused because they may have recouped 100 mill by selling other players and only have a net spend of 150million or whatever.
People who aren't living in cloud cuckoo land would probably say the manager just bought shite players and wasn't up to the job himself.
It's pretty simple,if you spend 250mill on what you consider to be talented players and end up failing then net spend means sweet fcuk all. Any one that can't see that is pretty naive....
AND YES I INCLUDE LIVERPOOL IN THAT ALSO.

I think you're wrong but I'll humour you for another while, what would you consider as failure?

AZOffaly

It's not a trade in though. If you buy a car for 40k, and then have 2 cars, and in a month sell the second car for £25k, your net spend might be 15k, but you've still spent 40k on one car and if that's a pile of shite it's your fault :)

laoislad

You'd expect your 40k car to perform better than your 25k car wouldn't you?
If it didn't then you'd be asking questions,it wouldn't matter how much you spent net on it.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 02, 2015, 04:20:28 PM

Seems so. And I wonder how Governments can con people with dodgy economics - seems it's actually quite easy!!!!

How much is your car worth? Do you expect the performance of a 25k car or a 40k car?!

STREET FIGHTER

Listen.... each to their own....

No problems with that......

The net figure just allows the manager to shy away from ridiculous buys....should it be Man U, Lpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs.........

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on September 02, 2015, 04:04:42 PM
Net spend is Accountants speak.....the w**kers  :-[
Accountants=Wankers..Something we can all agree on  ;D

magpie seanie

Do you not understand the difference between ADDING players and REPLACING players?

When you ADD one player you get a new player in and do not let anyone go.
When you REPLACE one player, one leaves and another comes in.

STREET FIGHTER

If I bought a car for 40k and it ended up to be a pile of sh*te I wouldn't be saying ''ah well it only cost me 15k''

I'd say that I spent 40k on it and am f@ckin raging....