Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Sort of like Wilf McGuinness or Frank O'Farrell. Never be the the man that follows THE MAN.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2015, 11:30:53 AM
Sort of like Wilf McGuinness or Frank O'Farrell. Never be the the man that follows THE MAN.

Or Graeme Souness   :( >:(

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 02, 2015, 11:32:49 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2015, 11:30:53 AM

Or Graeme Souness   :( >:(

AAAAaaarrrgghhh

Mayo4Sam

Do the United lads think DeGea will play again this season?
From what we know of LVG he's not likely to apologise or back down, by all accounts his goalie coach is the same. So what DDG goes grovelling?
Even if he does, what happens with the CL? He'll hardly want to be cup tied if he's going in January

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 02, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 02, 2015, 11:16:20 AM
Quote from: stew on September 01, 2015, 08:58:10 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 01, 2015, 08:38:58 PM
Utd now have only 3 strikers. 2 of them 19.  :o

You'll win nothing with kids!

LVG is pure ket..................... A spoofer of the highest order, I look at the business Pellegrini has done compared to LVG and the united boss has been found wanting.

I do not think LVG will be at United come seasons end, he cannot get along with the players and he seems to be building for a future he will have no part of, the man is vastly overrated at this stage of his career.

Stew - that's a ridiculous comparison. Pellegrini has an established squad, one of the best in Europe, that only needed a couple of addition plus getting their heads out of their holes.

Van Gaal is rebuilding a club left in shite by Ferguson (and to some extent Moyes).

Moyes?

Red headed dude. Scottish but has good Spanish. bit googly eyed, but not too bad

Oh aye him.....how did he leave the club in shite?

He inherited most of the squad from Fergie and signed 2 players who were UTD's best players last year....

Captain Obvious

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 12:57:52 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 02, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 11:21:47 AM

LVG is pure ket..................... A spoofer of the highest order, I look at the business Pellegrini has done compared to LVG and the united boss has been found wanting.

I do not think LVG will be at United come seasons end, he cannot get along with the players and he seems to be building for a future he will have no part of, the man is vastly overrated at this stage of his career.

Stew - that's a ridiculous comparison. Pellegrini has an established squad, one of the best in Europe, that only needed a couple of addition plus getting their heads out of their holes.

Van Gaal is rebuilding a club left in shite by Ferguson (and to some extent Moyes).

Moyes?

Red headed dude. Scottish but has good Spanish. bit googly eyed, but not too bad

Oh aye him.....how did he leave the club in shite?

He inherited most of the squad from Fergie and signed 2 players who were UTD's best players last year....

Those who appointed Moyes made the same mistake as Liverpool when they appointed Graeme Souness. No quick fix and during this rebuilding process Van Gaal might have been better off keeping faith with the squad he had than relying on Ed Woodward in the transfer market.

GJL

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 02, 2015, 12:56:04 PM
Do the United lads think DeGea will play again this season?
From what we know of LVG he's not likely to apologise or back down, by all accounts his goalie coach is the same. So what DDG goes grovelling?
Even if he does, what happens with the CL? He'll hardly want to be cup tied if he's going in January

He will do what he is told and play. If he does not he will not get to the Euros next summer. I would not be surprised if he signed a new contract with Utd.

Maroon Manc

LVG has spent about £130m since he came in whilst reducing the wage bill and average age of the squad. Pellegrini inherited a far better squad with top class players like Hart, Zabaletta, Kompany, Toure, Silva & Aguero and has still spent well over £200m.

I'm happy we're going in the right direction, we won't win the title this season but have a squad capable of finishing with more points than last season.

Buying big names is not always the way to go, if 13 months ago we were told we'd sign Di Maria, Falcao & Schweinsteiger in the next 12 months nobody would have believed that. Going forward the club are in a good position to buy any big name who becomes available but this summer there weren't any big names available.

If United don't spend any more in January the club are looking at pre tax profit of about £150m for the 2015/16. As long as LVG can qualify in the top 3 the Glazers will be delighted with the job LVG is doing.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 02, 2015, 01:41:38 PM

LVG has spent about £130m since he came in whilst reducing the wage bill and average age of the squad. Pellegrini inherited a far better squad with top class players like Hart, Zabaletta, Kompany, Toure, Silva & Aguero and has still spent well over £200m.

I'm happy we're going in the right direction, we won't win the title this season but have a squad capable of finishing with more points than last season.

Buying big names is not always the way to go, if 13 months ago we were told we'd sign Di Maria, Falcao & Schweinsteiger in the next 12 months nobody would have believed that. Going forward the club are in a good position to buy any big name who becomes available but this summer there weren't any big names available.

If United don't spend any more in January the club are looking at pre tax profit of about £150m for the 2015/16. As long as LVG can qualify in the top 3 the Glazers will be delighted with the job LVG is doing.

I thought I seen on SSN that he had spent closer to £250 million?

Boycey

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 02, 2015, 01:49:33 PM

That'll likely have been his total spend, transfers out will take it back to the £130m figure. They have also taken approaching £1m a week off the wage bill over the course of this transfer window, £50m a year!!!! The last line of Maroons post is the most striking..

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Boycey on September 02, 2015, 01:57:54 PM

That'll likely have been his total spend, transfers out will take it back to the £130m figure. They have also taken approaching £1m a week off the wage bill over the course of this transfer window, £50m a year!!!! The last line of Maroons post is the most striking..

I don't buy into all that net spend sh*t.......and that's for any team btw....

If you spend £250 million you should be judged on it.......

brokencrossbar1

FFS he spent close to that this summer alone!!! 
Memphis Depay           £25,000,000                  
Matteo Darmian           £12,700,000                  
Morgan Schneiderlin           £24,000,000                   
Bastian Schweinsteiger   £14,400,000                   
Sergio Romero   Free                      
Anthony Martial           £35,000,000   

Now if you count sales out then you have a significant intake but no one mentioned net spend.  His Net sales since he came in is close to £145m.  That is crazy shit,  3 transfer windows and that's his net spend!!!           

And then you have to answer the question,  what if he doesn't get int the top 3/4?  City and Chelsea will, Arsenal are still going to be there and I hope Liverpool will.  Rodgers in his whole time at Liverpool has spent heavily but is still £20 odd million behind LVG.  Big pressure to perform this year.

Maroon Manc

SSN didn't bother mentioning that he sold RVP, Di Maria, Kagawa, Evans, Nani, Rafael, Buttner, Hernandez, Reece James, Michael Keane, Tom Lawrence, Henriquez, Bebe, Evra, Zaha & Wellbeck which raised well over £100m. He's knocked over £20m a year from the wage bill since he arrived too. The Glazers will be delighted with him. 

nrico2006

The Spanish manager has said that De Gea needs to be playing to play next summer.  Therefore, I would imagine he will do whatever is necessary to get playing as soon as possible.  United don't have to sell him in January and I don't know if Real will have as much pressure to deliver a big name in January as they have in the summer window.  There are different reasons for players signing new contracts and I wouldn't be surprised to see De Gea agreeing to a new deal (with obvious clauses included).

Citys net spend this summer was somewhere in the region of £100 million.  Uniteds was around £40 million.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on September 02, 2015, 01:57:54 PM

The wages are a huge factor in transfer these days as opposed to 15-20 years ago. The Glazers were always happy if wages were about 50% of turnover, considering wages are thought to be around £202m for the 2014/15 season and looking at it this summer we must have taken at least another £10m of it this summer. Considering turnover will probably rise to circa £490m for the 2015/16 season that would leave wages at about 40% of turnover.  The Glazers will over the moon if he finishes top 3 again, I'd imagine our sponsors will be looking for more though, they'll be wanting big name signings over the next 12 months.

As long as there's improvement than the fans will stay of his back, I do think with the injection of pace Martial & Wilson will provide that the quality of football will improve.