Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

I think DH put a monkey on Glenn, moved in from 3/1.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2015, 02:15:00 PM
Interesting that Cian O'Neill is short there. Is there rumours you might get your man?

Here is a couple of hours after the Kerry game, at the Moors/Celbridge game.

He's a Kildare GAA man but from talking to ITK Journalists on twitter and forums it looks like his bad back won't be able for the additional travel so they reckon he has been ruled out.

Time for Maynooth University to create sports science role for him :)
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Is he still in UL or do I remember something about him moving on? My wife knows/knew him as she works in there.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2015, 02:27:52 PM
Is he still in UL or do I remember something about him moving on? My wife knows/knew him as she works in there.

Head of Dept. of Sport, Leisure & Childhood Studies at Cork Institute of Technology
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Yes, I thought that alright. A fairly recent (year or so) move maybe? That makes it a bit harder to commute to Hawkfield alright :) Doctor Morris Park would only be an hour away though!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2015, 02:35:46 PM
Yes, I thought that alright. A fairly recent (year or so) move maybe? That makes it a bit harder to commute to Hawkfield alright :) Doctor Morris Park would only be an hour away though!

2 years now. Only a short two hour drive, sure he'd be like Micko, loves driving.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Cian O'Neill was involved with Moorefield last year. He was on the line with Luke Dempsey for the county final and their Leinster campaign. I had heard he took a few training sessions with Jack O'Connor before the county final replay over in Pollardstown.

I think he could find it hard to turn down the Kildare job although with the distinct possibility that Kerry will be going for three in a row and with Kildare not exactly having a huge budget for the senior team it may not be a runner this time. Some of the names in that Paddy Power market are hilarious. The county would go into meltdown if Tommy Carr or the prodigal son Larry Tompkins rocked up in Newbridge!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Rossfan

Tommy Tom and ye lads would be a match made in Heaven ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

tippabu

cork, handy spin up the road to Thurles  for him???

Dinny Breen

Quote from: tippabu on September 02, 2015, 05:09:04 PM

#newbridgeornowhere

tippabu

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 02, 2015, 05:11:16 PM
Quote from: tippabu on September 02, 2015, 05:09:04 PM

yer not the only ones looking for a senior manager!!

Donnellys Hollow

Brian Lacey could end up involved in either set up.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 02, 2015, 04:12:00 PM
Cian O'Neill was involved with Moorefield last year. He was on the line with Luke Dempsey for the county final and their Leinster campaign. I had heard he took a few training sessions with Jack O'Connor before the county final replay over in Pollardstown.

I think he could find it hard to turn down the Kildare job although with the distinct possibility that Kerry will be going for three in a row and with Kildare not exactly having a huge budget for the senior team it may not be a runner this time. Some of the names in that Paddy Power market are hilarious. The county would go into meltdown if Tommy Carr or the prodigal son Larry Tompkins rocked up in Newbridge!

To go from being involved with a team who are going to be serious contenders to a team who are playing Division 3 football, where funds are likely to be very/extremely limited and having to travel a fair bit more would look like a serious step-back.

For me the smart play would be for O'Neill to bide his time and at least to let someone else get Kildare out of Division 3.