Kerry vs Down

Started by PAULD123, April 04, 2011, 11:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

We have a chance next week and the lads need to take it. At the very least they need to prove their championship credentials by winning. We were all over Mayo but in the end had to hang on for a point, we played well against Cork until the last fifteen, we were better than Dublin but lost, we out classed Armagh but only won by a point. I have no doubt they will put in a good shift next week but there is that wee bit of killer instinct missing, that little bit extra that edges one team ahead of another. There is no switch of player or smart tactical move that will solve this it will have to come from within the players and the team.

Everything else is fine. For all our debates, Down are now playing some of the best football in the country, it is just a matter of somehow the lads learning to convert that quality football into victorys. That sort of 1990's Meath spirit.

Kerry are the form team at the minute so it would be a tremendous step up for the lads if they could do it. Who would have thought even two years ago that we would be in the mix for a Division 1 title shot come the last weekend of league games?

5 Sams

Looking forward to this game immensely...

Not looking forward to the hangover though after all day Saturday in Dingle with a crowd of Ballyholland soup dragons >:(

It will be some weekend :)
The Aristocrat Years

Kerry Mike

I have a feeling we wont be resting Gooch Cooper or Tomas O'Se for this one !!!! though David Moran took a heavy knock yesterday so he may be a risk, Brosnan , Sheehan and Tom O'Sullivan should alos be available though I dnot think any of the midweek U21's will take part.

Should be a good game and close affair, both teams have done well in league, Kerry bouncing back well for early round losses to the Jackeens and Langers, both games close enough that they may have gone either way, would be great to get another crack of the Dubs but first we need to win this tricky game and then hope Cork slip up again.

Down will bring a confidence of our last meeting into the contest and we may have a sniff of revenge about the early summer Down inflicted on us, at least we have Galvin and Tomas available this time so no excuses up front if we lose !!

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Declan

Is it true Kerry have a weeks training camp booked for the same time as the final?

NP 76

5 Sams i would say the soup dragons wont leave you behind no matter how hard they try lol

marym

Moran gone for season. Cruciate torn . See kerry website

orangeman

Quote from: marym on April 04, 2011, 10:41:37 PM
Moran gone for season. Cruciate torn . See kerry website

Horrible injury.

5 Sams

Quote from: NP 76 on April 04, 2011, 09:55:04 PM
5 Sams i would say the soup dragons wont leave you behind no matter how hard they try lol

???? :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Kerry Mike

QuoteIs it true Kerry have a weeks training camp booked for the same time as the final?

It was planned and provisionally booked as that week is one of the few remaining opportunities before the championship kicks in as there is a limitation from the GAA on free weekends with club fixtures.

It looked early in the league that with 2 losses from 3 games there was little chance of us being around for the league final, I am sure it wont be firmed up until next weekends games are out of the way though. 
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ardtole

From all reports, Donaghy has been on fire for the last two games. The match up between him and Dan Gordan promises to be worth the entrance alone.

bennydorano

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 04, 2011, 11:49:57 AM
We have a chance next week and the lads need to take it. At the very least they need to prove their championship credentials by winning. We were all over Mayo but in the end had to hang on for a point, we played well against Cork until the last fifteen, we were better than Dublin but lost, we out classed Armagh but only won by a point. I have no doubt they will put in a good shift next week but there is that wee bit of killer instinct missing, that little bit extra that edges one team ahead of another. There is no switch of player or smart tactical move that will solve this it will have to come from within the players and the team.

Everything else is fine. For all our debates, Down are now playing some of the best football in the country, it is just a matter of somehow the lads learning to convert that quality football into victorys. That sort of 1990's Meath spirit.

Kerry are the form team at the minute so it would be a tremendous step up for the lads if they could do it. Who would have thought even two years ago that we would be in the mix for a Division 1 title shot come the last weekend of league games?
Do Down people honestly think they are that close to being the finished article? As an outsider looking in I reckon you are very average @ FB, CHB, MF & CHF.

John o connor

Yeah benny we re really weak through FB CHB MF and CHF but they got us to all Ireland final which we could easily have won and without arguably are best player big ambrose so we ll just have to make do

eiled in the bushes

Quote from: bennydorano on April 05, 2011, 08:20:21 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on April 04, 2011, 11:49:57 AM

Do Down people honestly think they are that close to being the finished article? As an outsider looking in I reckon you are very average @ FB, CHB, MF & CHF.
great to see that age old armagh jealousy rearing its bitter head
get some metal in your life

NP 76

If he thinks we are weak now he hasnt watched us much before James took over

bennydorano

Just assume i've pre-fixed my post with Armagh are shit and give an honest answer, do Down prople think they are the finished article?