Armagh v Antrim, USFC Prelim. Round - Athletic Grounds, April 8th, 5pm

Started by balladmaker, April 02, 2023, 11:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Here's how I see it playing out..

Armagh should win by about 20 points, and quite possibly will. County will lose the run of itself, Armagh jersey days in schools, Monday club returns to Lurgan, "Armagh 4 Sam!" appears on the Newry bypass.

Antrim fans will mouth loudly about how unfairly the county is treated by the GAA. 28 will actually turn up to watch the game.

yellowcard

Quote from: marty34 on April 07, 2023, 07:40:38 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 07, 2023, 02:30:57 AM
Quote from: naka on April 06, 2023, 11:03:13 PM
Interesting Armagh team
OgBurns dropped
No o Neill nor murnin on the bench
Nugent  also on the bench
Morgan starts

Rafferty
Morgan forker Mc Kay
Mackin Mc cabe Mc Cambridge
Mcpartland crealey
Campbell grugan Duffy
Hall turbit kelly
Good to see Morgan and Crealey back, we'll need both if we're going to get anywhere this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two changes, Jarly Og and Nugent possibly in.

This named team will hardly start, will it?

When have Armagh ever started with the actual team that was named? I can't remember them ever doing it in recent times so there will be changes.

Burns and Nugent will definitely start if fit. If they don't then I can only presume that both are carrying knocks and aren't being risked. The more worrying fact is that neither Rian O'Neill nor Murnin are even in the 26 man squad which will leave them short of full fitness for Cavan if they even make that game. 

general_lee

Murnin has been coming back from injury his entire senior career so wouldn't really worry about his fitness.

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on April 07, 2023, 09:10:05 AM
Here's how I see it playing out..

Armagh should win by about 20 points, and quite possibly will. County will lose the run of itself, Armagh jersey days in schools, Monday club returns to Lurgan, "Armagh 4 Sam!" appears on the Newry bypass.

Antrim fans will mouth loudly about how unfairly the county is treated by the GAA. 28 will actually turn up to watch the game.

What makes you think the Monday Club ever left lurgan?

Applesisapples

bennydorano

I actually like the look of that team and I hope it starts. The only one there who imo doesn't deserve a start is TK, he's been poor all season to date. I've given up on expecting Hall not to be involved altho tbf I thought he put in a good shift v Tyrone.

marty34

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 07, 2023, 08:44:35 AM
Interesting Armagh team
OgBurns dropped
Morgan starts

Rafferty
Morgan forker Mc Kay
Mcpartland crealey
Campbell grugan Duffy
Hall turbit kelly
Good to see Morgan and Crealey back, we'll need both if we're going to get anywhere this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two changes, Jarly Og and Nugent possibly in.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is extra toofoolery with the naming of teams this weekend as the new rules about the teams come into force.

The rules have changed again so all senior inter-county teams must publicly name 26-man panels on the Friday afternoon of a championship match.

On first glance that would be a surprising line-up.

If the GAA changed it to a Friday evening at 9 pm.

Some teams train on a Friday evening if they have a game on Saturday.

Tight for programme publishers but more fairer to the players.

naka

Interesting Armagh team
OgBurns dropped
Morgan starts

Rafferty
Morgan forker Mc Kay
Mcpartland crealey
Campbell grugan Duffy
Hall turbit kelly

I wouldn't be surprised if there is extra toofoolery with the naming of teams this weekend as the new rules about the teams come into force.

The rules have changed again so all senior inter-county teams must publicly name 26-man panels on the Friday afternoon of a championship match.

Actually shouldn't be too far away
Grimley has a knock
And Nugent easing himself back to fitness
Conor o Neill  and paddy burns also not fit yet

We need a midfielder so why not try Mc partland with crealey

yellowcard

Quote from: naka on April 07, 2023, 09:50:19 AM
Interesting Armagh team
OgBurns dropped
Morgan starts

Rafferty
Morgan forker Mc Kay
Mcpartland crealey
Campbell grugan Duffy
Hall turbit kelly

Actually shouldn't be too far away
Grimley has a knock
And Nugent easing himself back to fitness
Conor o Neill  and paddy burns also not fit yet

We need a midfielder so why not try Mc partland with crealey

Nugent has been easing himself back to fitness for over a month now. I would have thought at this stage that he would be ready to start.

I think this is a good match to put McPartland into though. We don't yet know if he can compete at this level but only one way to find out

ck

Why has Jarlath Og been dropped? I'd assume he will start.
Mindgames or genuinely dropped?

themac_23

Naming teams aren't worth the paper they're written on, GAA better going like soccer, have a squad number and that'll do the job in the programme and name the starting 15 an hour before throw in

Armagh18

Quote from: themac_23 on April 07, 2023, 12:40:56 PM
Naming teams aren't worth the paper they're written on, GAA better going like soccer, have a squad number and that'll do the job in the programme and name the starting 15 an hour before throw in
Yeah I would never read too much into any starting team tbh.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: yellowcard on April 07, 2023, 09:10:13 AM
Interesting Armagh team
OgBurns dropped
Morgan starts

Rafferty
Morgan forker Mc Kay
Mcpartland crealey
Campbell grugan Duffy
Hall turbit kelly

When have Armagh ever started with the actual team that was named? I can't remember them ever doing it in recent times so there will be changes.

Burns and Nugent will definitely start if fit. If they don't then I can only presume that both are carrying knocks and aren't being risked. The more worrying fact is that neither Rian O'Neill nor Murnin are even in the 26 man squad which will leave them short of full fitness for Cavan if they even make that game.

Armagh started as named against Galway, Donegal & Kerry. So only in three of their last four games...

Quite likely they will start as named on Saturday evening too.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Captain Obvious

Armagh start as selected Jarlath Og Burns not on the 26 a blow there.

Antrim changes
23 P McBride for 12 P Finnegan
24 Pat Shivers for 13 D McEnhill
26 R Murray for 15 O Eastwood

Blowitupref

17 minutes for Antrim had to wait for their first score.  Armagh 0-6 Antrim 0-1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose