NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Agree.
It's a cynical holding up if play till defence gets organised tactic.
And then the ref moving it forward takes up even more time.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

APM

Quote from: Rossfan on February 21, 2023, 11:11:02 AM
Agree.

It's even worse when the ref stops to issue a yellow card. 

The other one is holding onto the ball after a free kick.  To me that should become a black card.  Regular cause of rows and often just as cyncial and impactful as a trip further up the field. 

seafoid

Anthony Moyles also thinks that Atletico Rossie could win the League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0GjZh7fheU
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Applesisapples

Quote from: seafoid on February 20, 2023, 01:43:34 PM
Supporting Armagh seems to be pure emotion.
Its a fcukin melt. There is talent there but it isn't firing for some reason.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: APM on February 21, 2023, 11:14:35 AM
Agree.

The other one is holding onto the ball after a free kick.  To me that should become a black card.  Regular cause of rows and often just as cyncial and impactful as a trip further up the field.

10 yards doesn't seem to be a deterrent. It's bad in some cases - the player will just not let the ball go unless it's pulled from him.
That's just, like your opinion man.

yellowcard

Quote from: APM on February 21, 2023, 11:14:35 AM
Agree.

Agree completely on that. How often have we seen a referee stop to issue a yellow card nearing the end of a match when the team in the lead deliberately fouls to prevent an attack. The time taken to book the player then enables the defending side to get back into formation. So the team committing the foul is the team actually being rewarded by getting a booking!

As for the ball holding an automatic black card would stamp it out immediately. 

tonto1888

samuel maguire

Hi Lads

Heading down to Kerry on Saturday to watch the football. Staying in Kilarney, what is my best way getting to and from the Tralee to watch the match?

APM

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2023, 01:56:16 PM

Absolutely!!!

Despite winning nothing, this team has given its supporters (+opposition supporters) an unbelievable level of entertainment in recent years, paralleled I would say only by Mayo.  All in the eye of the beholder of course.  The quality and or entertainment value of many of the games has been outstanding.  Four examples below of games they lost, and two that they won that were pretty much unforgettable for a combination of atmosphere, excitement and/or the quality of the football. In some ways it makes it harder to accept defeat, but you don't resent the time spent supporting an entertaining team that lost in the same way as you do following a losing team playing unwatchable football.

- Monaghan 2021 USFC, Newry
- Cavan -2019 UFSC Drawn Game, Clones
- Galway -2022 AIQF, Croke Park
- Roscommon - 2018 Qualifiers, Portlaoise
- Down 2019 USFC, Newry
- Tyrone - 2022 Qualifier, Athletic Grounds

Cavan19

Quote from: samuel maguire on February 21, 2023, 02:34:44 PM
Hi Lads

Heading down to Kerry on Saturday to watch the football. Staying in Kilarney, what is my best way getting to and from the Tralee to watch the match?

Helicopter !

befair

Moving the ball up ten yds is ineffectual unless it's inside the 45.

tonto1888

Quote from: APM on February 21, 2023, 03:04:38 PM

Absolutely!!!

Despite winning nothing, this team has given its supporters (+opposition supporters) an unbelievable level of entertainment in recent years, paralleled I would say only by Mayo.  All in the eye of the beholder of course.  The quality and or entertainment value of many of the games has been outstanding.  Four examples below of games they lost, and two that they won that were pretty much unforgettable for a combination of atmosphere, excitement and/or the quality of the football. In some ways it makes it harder to accept defeat, but you don't resent the time spent supporting an entertaining team that lost in the same way as you do following a losing team playing unwatchable football.

- Down 2019 USFC, Newry

All great games and probably put ten years on me

armaghniac

Quote from: samuel maguire on February 21, 2023, 02:34:44 PM
Hi Lads

Presumably you can drive. There is a train back just after the match, which I hope will bring me to Dublin. If you don't dally in the ground you could go to Killarney on this or there is a bus an hour later.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 21, 2023, 06:24:55 PM
Quote from: APM on February 21, 2023, 03:04:38 PM

Absolutely!!!

- Down 2019 USFC, Newry

All great games and probably put ten years on me
That Galway game near finished me off! I'd add Donegal in Clones to that list- felt like the start of something that day or a changing of the guard!