All Stars 2022

Started by ONeill, July 09, 2022, 11:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

I wouldn't expect any of our players to get an all star but I can see a few being nominated. Rian. Grugan. Rafferty. Soupy.

Estimator

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 11, 2022, 12:51:24 PM
I wouldn't expect any of our players to get an all star but I can see a few being nominated. Rian. Grugan. Rafferty. Soupy.

I'd say Rafferty would be the best bet. It has to be between him and Shane Ryan now for the goalkeeper spot, can't see Lynch, Gleeson or Comerford getting it.
Ulster League Champions 2009

marty34

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 11, 2022, 12:09:33 PM
Rafferty

Rogers
McKaigue
O Sullivan
Molloy
O Beagleach
Daly

Conroy
OConnor (if he has good final..got through a lot of unseen work yesterday.. and no real outstanding midfielders this year)

Clifford
Comer
OShea
Kilkenny
P Clifford (if he has good final)
Finnerty (if he has good final)

Gavin whites injuries will rule him out I think..fully fit and playing all year and he's in

Be hard to see Armagh keeper getting one on the premise that they were knocked out in the quarter-final.

Cavan19

Quote from: Estimator on July 11, 2022, 01:05:31 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 11, 2022, 12:51:24 PM

I'd say Rafferty would be the best bet. It has to be between him and Shane Ryan now for the goalkeeper spot, can't see Lynch, Gleeson or Comerford getting it.

I'd say Ryan will get it unless he has a complete mare in the final.

Bonkers09

E Rafferty
Lee Gannon
McKaigue
T O'Sullivan
TBC
Sean Kelly
TBC
Conroy
TBC
Kilkenny
SOS
P Clifford (If he has a decent final)
D Clifford
Comer
TBC

Other Contenders C McCluskey, Rogers, Campbell, Finnerty, Ryan, Molloy, BO'B, O'Neill, J Foley, Daly...

trailer

Quote from: Bonkers09 on July 11, 2022, 02:10:22 PM
E Rafferty
Lee Gannon
McKaigue
T O'Sullivan
TBC
Sean Kelly
TBC
Conroy
TBC
Kilkenny
SOS
P Clifford (If he has a decent final)
D Clifford
Comer
TBC

Other Contenders C McCluskey, Rogers, Campbell, Finnerty, Ryan, Molloy, BO'B, O'Neill, J Foley, Daly...

I think Rodgers and McCluskey will get on each for Derry. That's probably it.

oakleaflad

I'd say McCluskey, Rogers, McKaigue, McKinless, Glass and McGuigan will all be nominated. 1-3 of those to actually get an award. Can't see McKinless actually winning one but think will be nominated.

seafoid

When was the last Derry all-star?

Someone on the RTE podcast said today that the work Derry need to do now such as finding a few forwards and developing game management plans is small beer compared to the work done to get here , from the nether regions of the league to discussing all Stars.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2022, 03:44:04 PM

Someone on the RTE podcast said today that the work Derry need to do now such as finding a few forwards and developing game management plans is small beer compared to the work done to get here , from the nether regions of the league to discussing all Stars.

They've maybe 1-2 years left. Depends how long phlegm hands sticks around. They'll blow up. It's Derry ffs.

yellowcard

They were division 4 a few years ago and now they are disappointed with not getting to an AI final. They were never Division 4 standard but still that's a fairly meteoric rise. And yet still some have slated Gallagher for Saturdays performance. He is clever enough to know that they can't compete to win an AI title without carrying more of a scoring threat. That style is far too one dimensional and predictable against the top teams and it is a blessing in disguise that they didn't make the final as I think it would have got nasty.

However they were missing their best player all season if they can get McFaul back and add one or two forwards then they will be competing consistently to win Ulster in the next few years. 

imtommygunn

Derry always have good footballers and have been doing pretty well at underage for quite a few years now. The problem was the appetite wasn't there for the county team and Gallagher has brought it back. I personally don't think it's a meteoric rise. They are probably slightly over achieving yes but there are, and always have been , good footballers in Derry. They were in division 4 because they had a succession of managers who just hadn't player buy in.

I do think they may struggle a bit next year but they should be playing more at the level they are at - top end division 2 / bottom end division 1.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 11, 2022, 03:39:06 PM
I'd say McCluskey, Rogers, McKaigue, McKinless, Glass and McGuigan will all be nominated. 1-3 of those to actually get an award. Can't see McKinless actually winning one but think will be nominated.

McKaigue and possibly McCluskey

naka

the issue i have with this type of game management is that when a teams go 3/4 points behind they will always struggle as they are so set in the sytem( there is no plan b). Derry will stay at a decent level but this was the year to get to the final, next year will be more difficult with the group stages etc.

Estimator

2007 Kevin McCloy and Paddy Bradley
Ulster League Champions 2009

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on July 11, 2022, 03:51:12 PM

They were division 4 a few years ago and now they are disappointed with not getting to an AI final. They were never Division 4 standard but still that's a fairly meteoric rise. And yet still some have slated Gallagher for Saturdays performance. He is clever enough to know that they can't compete to win an AI title without carrying more of a scoring threat. That style is far too one dimensional and predictable against the top teams and it is a blessing in disguise that they didn't make the final as I think it would have got nasty.

However they were missing their best player all season if they can get McFaul back and add one or two forwards then they will be competing consistently to win Ulster in the next few years.

McFaul was on the Derry panel for the NFL. 1 or 2 starts but mostly used as a sub why was that if he is as you regard their best player?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose