Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Only ask for Armagh is to bring the intensity to it like last two games, empty the tank on the field and see where it takes them after that.  I'm sure Galway folk will have the same ask.

Really looking forward to it ... might not be the classic everyone expects, but defo has the potential.

It's a massive opportunity for whoever get's over the line.

illdecide

Looks like it's gonna be a wet game, Sunday's weather is rain so what impact if any will this have on either team?. It's gonna be wet for both teams so there'll be no excuses, whoever adopts to the conditions better will probably win the game. It would be great to win as the buzz around the place is amazing, the kids and families that are going to the game is great so another day out for them to remember would sit just nice but unfortunately someone has to lose and whoever it it that's life and tough.

May the best team win and hope it's a spectacle for all...genuinely i expect two great games on Sunday...Armagh by 2pts and Mayo by 1pt
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armamike

Shame about the weather if the forecast is accurate. Croke Park in the sunshine would have been nice!

Feeling a bit of trepidation about this game.  We've received a fair share of plaudits on the back of the last 2 performances.  It wasn't too long ago that our performances were as mixed as the weather.  I hope we can keep the momentum going but the team still have a bit to prove.  Galway are a dangerous opponent, fresh and hungry so offer a very different threat to Tyrone and Donegal who both carried a bit of baggage.  No idea how this one will go. 

That's just, like your opinion man.

naka

Every man and his dog heading from south Armagh on Sunday, let's enjoy the spectacle.
Think we will win but it will be close
We need to back this team to the hilt
We have momentum let's keep it going !

tonto1888

Ive changed my mind in relation who will win about 100 times. We have the ability to win but so do Galway. Its a cliché but it could wee come down to who wants it most on the day.

galwayman

Slightly off topic... where in Dublin (city centre-ish) would ye recommend as a decent spot to watch the two Saturday quarter finals?
Have a work thing on Saturday morning but will be finished in time to watch the games.
Cheers

yellowcard

The biggest issue facing us now is the level of expectation in the county and how we manage the occasion on Sunday. The last 2 matches we weren't widely tipped to come through but listening to pundits this week most of them seem to be predicting us to win. The fans can get carried away all they want, that doesn't bother me one bit but hopefully the players are able to deal with this and insulate themselves a little, since the sense of excitement has gone up a few levels for this match. It feels like its Armaghs biggest game since 2005 in terms of supporter anticipation anyway.

If they can manage all of that I'd be confident that we can get the job done in a close run game but wary that Galway are capable of producing absolutely anything as well. 

armaghniac

Quote from: naka on June 24, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
Every man and his dog heading from south Armagh on Sunday, let's enjoy the spectacle.

Armagh may have more supporters than Dublin this weekend.
But I suppose when we have won 6 in a row the interest will fall off too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: galwayman on June 24, 2022, 01:18:25 PM
Slightly off topic... where in Dublin (city centre-ish) would ye recommend as a decent spot to watch the two Saturday quarter finals?
Have a work thing on Saturday morning but will be finished in time to watch the games.
Cheers

Depends if you are Northside or Southside really.

Briodys and Pipers Corner are good GAA spots just on the Luas lines are good.
Just over the river Mulligans, The Swan and the Palace would have them on too. All nice Guinness too!

On the game it seems the general theme is that the fans don't really trusts their own teams. I hope the weather holds a bit and it doesn't lash down. As a neutral it should be tasty!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Colm O'Rourke. https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2022/0624/1306632-colm-orourkes-all-ireland-sfc-quarter-final-picks/
Galway v Armagh, Sunday, 1.45pm at Croke Park

Evenly matched, the clash of Galway and Armagh promises to be the game of the weekend.

Armagh are the real form team coming in after big wins over both Tyrone and Donegal. The latter game showcased an exciting brand of football that will attract the neutrals.

Galway were a bit similar, with their gung-ho wins, but they had a very structured defensive pattern in place in their Connacht final win over Roscommon.

I think Armagh may have the edge here.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LCohen

Quote from: yellowcard on June 24, 2022, 01:25:12 PM
The biggest issue facing us now is the level of expectation in the county and how we manage the occasion on Sunday. The last 2 matches we weren't widely tipped to come through but listening to pundits this week most of them seem to be predicting us to win. The fans can get carried away all they want, that doesn't bother me one bit but hopefully the players are able to deal with this and insulate themselves a little, since the sense of excitement has gone up a few levels for this match. It feels like its Armaghs biggest game since 2005 in terms of supporter anticipation anyway.

If they can manage all of that I'd be confident that we can get the job done in a close run game but wary that Galway are capable of producing absolutely anything as well.

There is a band of Armagh fans who think that promotion to Division 1 was a bad idea and would set the team back. And there is a band who think that excitement and expectation are the same thing.

This is the business end of the season. With the game comes pressure. Handling the pressure is part of the game. Good players are ones who have the full package of skill, fitness, commitment, game intelligence and temperament in all its many forms. If we are good or want to be good we need to show we can handle the big occasions. I think we are good and that there are bigger occasions (this year or the near future) than an AI q/f. Mental preparation is key. But thats what management is there for.

Quietly confident. Only quietly mind you.

Captain Obvious

Hard game to call, might require extra time to separate the two, hopefully the dreaded penalty shootout isn't how one side makes its exit from this championship.

seafoid

Surely Geezer is a liability for Armagh
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on June 24, 2022, 04:59:57 PM
Surely Geezer is a liability for Armagh
Simliar could be said for Joyce with Galway. Both have surrounded themselves with what appears to be decent management teams.

Galways one and only championship win in Croke Park since 2001 was in lashing rain. Same weather forecast for Sunday and good omen for Galway?

Armagh18

Best parking spots handy to Croker?