Mayo for Sam

Started by chrissears, June 12, 2022, 09:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manning18

Agree on Conroy anyway, a real shame for him to miss a year so early in a talented career. I'd be surprised if ROD doesn't start in two weeks

Which 2 (or 3 including O'Hora) backs would you drop for Harrison and Plunkett, out of interest?

galwayman

Quote from: Manning18 on June 14, 2022, 11:04:40 AM
Agree on Conroy anyway, a real shame for him to miss a year so early in a talented career. I'd be surprised if ROD doesn't start in two weeks

Which 2 (or 3 including O'Hora) backs would you drop for Harrison and Plunkett, out of interest?
Harrison isn't the player he was in 2017. Very doubtful he'd make the current team even if he wasn't currently injured. I'd find it hard to see Plunkett dislodging any of last weeks starting 6 backs. Stephen Coen maybe as he has been having a poor year but he is the team captain so unlikely to be dropped.

Manning18

Quote from: galwayman on June 14, 2022, 12:27:33 PM

Harrison isn't the player he was in 2017. Very doubtful he'd make the current team even if he wasn't currently injured. I'd find it hard to see Plunkett dislodging any of last weeks starting 6 backs. Stephen Coen maybe as he has been having a poor year but he is the team captain so unlikely to be dropped.

Agreed, that was my thinking on it. Hession offers more for me than Plunkett and the only other one who's remotely droppable would be Coen but he's captain as you say. I think O'Hora overall is somewhat limited, and even he'll struggle to get back in, never mind the other two if they were there

rosnarun

Quote from: Manning18 on June 14, 2022, 02:03:43 PM
Quote from: galwayman on June 14, 2022, 12:27:33 PM

Agreed, that was my thinking on it. Hession offers more for me than Plunkett and the only other one who's remotely droppable would be Coen but he's captain as you say. I think O'Hora overall is somewhat limited, and even he'll struggle to get back in, never mind the other two if they were there
Agree harris is hardly the player he was but that solely down to injury i really  though he was going to come good as our Full back. and leave Oisin a bit Freer.
the thing about plunkett  is he could play any where in the back  or even half forwrd . so it would be a though call but Squads win Games . Hession has always been excellent coming in as a Sub and I think Plunkett has a little more of a scoring threat.
and who knows who who picked up a knock .
Im no sure where the confidence regarding ROD is coming from but for me it would shorten the odds considerable if he play and if fit
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere