Armagh v Donegal (Sun 12th June, Clones, 4pm)

Started by illdecide, June 08, 2022, 09:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Applesisapples

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 12, 2022, 09:46:46 PM
Quote from: onefaircounty on June 12, 2022, 09:45:31 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on June 12, 2022, 07:23:59 PM
At the game I only heard two incidents of booing. Both for poor refereeing decisions.

You can't be serious? A large number of our fans booed reguarly on frees etc. It was embarrassing.

A sour note on a fantastic showing from Armagh fans. Big numbers and loud, just wish we'd leave the booing at home.
In fairness Murphy earned a few boos for the way he was carrying on.
I'm not a fan of the booing and it looked and sounded classless on TV but a friend at the match said Murphy was at all sorts with Forker and that caused the booing. Still though I'm embarrassed, and it appears the Buckfast Boys have come out of hibernation now that a couple of games have been won.

tyrone08

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 13, 2022, 11:50:40 AM
At the game I only heard two incidents of booing. Both for poor refereeing decisions.

You can't be serious? A large number of our fans booed reguarly on frees etc. It was embarrassing.

A sour note on a fantastic showing from Armagh fans. Big numbers and loud, just wish we'd leave the booing at home.
I'm not a fan of the booing and it looked and sounded classless on TV but a friend at the match said Murphy was at all sorts with Forker and that caused the booing. Still though I'm embarrassed, and it appears the Buckfast Boys have come out of hibernation now that a couple of games have been won.
Noticed the booing with Armagh fans all year. Stupid behaviour from bandwagon fans. Donegal ones used to do it quiet a under Jim mcguinness but thankfully they seem to have cut it out.

Wildweasel74

It was going from the go, been on the hill last game, the tv studio seems to be open, hence the noise level alot easier to hear, especially the yos, standing bellowing on the safety barriers.

Armagh18

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 13, 2022, 11:57:21 AM

Noticed the booing with Armagh fans all year. Stupid behaviour from bandwagon fans. Donegal ones used to do it quiet a under Jim mcguinness but thankfully they seem to have cut it out.
Yeah not a fan of the booing myself but lost an awful lot of respect for Murphy yesterday. In fairness the buckfast brigade made the atmosphere I thought. And they fairly belted out the national anthem.

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 13, 2022, 12:00:36 PM

Yeah not a fan of the booing myself but lost an awful lot of respect for Murphy yesterday. In fairness the buckfast brigade made the atmosphere I thought. And they fairly belted out the national anthem.

I'm not a fan of the booing but neither would I be getting too sanctimonious on it. There are enough drab games in gaelic football with no atmosphere where you can hear a pin drop with the sideways backwards crap. It's funny that it seems to be mostly Tyrone fans getting upset over it. Maybe they are just raging that they won an AI in front of a half empty Croke Park with no atmosphere.

tbrick18

Murphy has always been at that craic. He just always got away with it as he's such a good baller.
I'd go so far as to call him dirty.

I'll caveat that by stating I'm not bitter at all by him getting an unwarranted penalty agians us the last time we got to an Ulster final.

imtommygunn

The kicking out at forker when rolling round on ground. I personally thought he could have got red as booked already.

Armagh18

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 13, 2022, 12:16:42 PM

Murphy has always been at that craic. He just always got away with it as he's such a good baller.
I'd go so far as to call him dirty.

I'll caveat that by stating I'm not bitter at all by him getting an unwarranted penalty agians us the last time we got to an Ulster final.
If Murphy was from Tyrone or Armagh he'd get serious stick for his antics. Yesterday Donegal hit a long ball in from a free, was a poor ball and Aaron McKay caught it and (wrongly) called for a defensive mark. Murphy had a perfect opportunity to tackle him legitimately as McKay had stopped snd was expecting a mark. Murphy shoulder charged him from behind with McKay completely not expecting it.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 13, 2022, 12:20:56 PM
The kicking out at forker when rolling round on ground. I personally thought he could have got red as booked already.
Added to that- tried to sprint the length of the field to give out to the ref at the time of the penalty. Decent ref would have booked him for that.

J70

I've read comments from Donegal fans that it was Forker driving the nonsense with Murphy.

In this place, it's always the fault of Murphy, or Ryan McHugh or whichever other player from the opposition.

tyrone08

Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2022, 12:12:06 PM

I'm not a fan of the booing but neither would I be getting too sanctimonious on it. There are enough drab games in gaelic football with no atmosphere where you can hear a pin drop with the sideways backwards crap. It's funny that it seems to be mostly Tyrone fans getting upset over it. Maybe they are just raging that they won an AI in front of a half empty Croke Park with no atmosphere.

Would take winning an AI in an empty stadium rather than having my supporters boo the opposition after winning a 2 games back to back after 8 years.

No point defending it. Booing isn't right in gaelic football, if you want to do that go watch a soccer game.

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on June 13, 2022, 12:25:38 PM

I've read comments from Donegal fans that it was Forker driving the nonsense with Murphy.

In this place, it's always the fault of Murphy, or Ryan McHugh or whichever other player from the opposition.
In all fairness I'm sure both lads were at it. Always a great battle with those 2. Absolute warrior the pair of them

Wildweasel74

Watch the game on TV, Armagh 18, Armagh lad called a mark, Murphy came hard at him from behind as there was no whistle as it was not a mark, Murphy brought the arm round to try tackle the ball. As for Murphy, he get pushed, insulted most games against near all teams, but he can give it and take it. He def could picked up a 2nd yellow though.

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 13, 2022, 12:28:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 13, 2022, 12:25:38 PM

In all fairness I'm sure both lads were at it. Always a great battle with those 2. Absolute warrior the pair of them

Well that's what I would have thought. Murphy has been getting dog's abuse from defenders his whole career. And he plays very close to the edge himself at times too when tackling.

And yes, I thought he was lucky to get away with throwing his feet at Forker.