Apathy towards Hurling in the North/Ulster

Started by Turf, June 04, 2022, 11:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turf

Why is it that Derry,Tyrone,Armagh,Fermanagh,Antrim,Down, Monaghan,Cavan and Donegal  can't get their arse in gear in terms of putting up a challenge to the hegemony of Kilkenny and Limerick  in Leinster and Munster?

Discuss.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Turf on June 04, 2022, 11:56:42 PM
Why is it that Derry,Tyrone,Armagh,Fermanagh,Antrim,Down, Monaghan,Cavan and Donegal  can't get their arse in gear in terms of putting up a challenge to the hegemony of Kilkenny and Limerick  in Leinster and Munster?

Discuss.

In Derry mostly football managers at club level and county board only sporadically interested.

full moon

Why are the Kilkenny the only county that refuse to even put in a football team. Discuss

full moon

Why not put this in the hurling forum. Oh wait nobody posts there because nobody cares about hurling outside 5 counties. A game where the keeper can score from his puckout is hardly worth the attention

screenexile

Discuss.

Pretty stupid question there are plenty of teams in Munster/Leinster and Connacht who can't mount a challenge either!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: full moon on June 05, 2022, 01:22:36 PM
Why not put this in the hurling forum. Oh wait nobody posts there because nobody cares about hurling outside 5 counties. A game where the keeper can score from his puckout is hardly worth the attention

Wum

marty34

Quote from: full moon on June 05, 2022, 01:22:36 PM

Did the Armagh goalie not kick two points today?

Eire90

could it be Gaelic football is more related to soccer than hurling and in the north socccer is more popular so you get more of a crossover.

seafoid

The land is better in Munster and in Kilkenny and Wexford. This is highly correlated with hurling.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on June 05, 2022, 02:13:42 PM

Discuss.

Pretty stupid question there are plenty of teams in Munster/Leinster and Connacht who can't mount a challenge either!
Sure it's not any more stupid than this thread!
https://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=30835.0
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Eire90 on June 05, 2022, 05:50:53 PM
could it be Gaelic football is more related to soccer than hurling and in the north socccer is more popular so you get more of a crossover.

No.

Loughshore2022

The game played no part in my life growing up, my local clubs never had teams. I couldn't even tell you who won the All Ireland last year. I don't think the sport is as good as people make out, yes it is fast but that isn't always a good thing, you can barely see the ball and points seem to be too easy to get for those county players.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 05, 2022, 07:17:07 PM
The game played no part in my life growing up, my local clubs never had teams. I couldn't even tell you who won the All Ireland last year. I don't think the sport is as good as people make out, yes it is fast but that isn't always a good thing, you can barely see the ball and points seem to be too easy to get for those county players.

The main reason football is more popular is the same reason soccer is popular wordlwide. It's not difficult to play due to much lower skill set. No equipment needed. Sin é. Hurling is a better sport Imo but needs a lot of time invested

Milltown Row2

The game played no part in my life growing up

The rest of your post made no sense, so I edited it to make it sensible. you should have just left it at that.

Stupid post ... Munster football final Munster hurling final was night and day as entertainment, the Leinster finals football and hurling was pretty poor this year and Leinster football finals these last 12 plus years have been pants, if you feel they have been entertaining or thrilling then let me know when that was..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clonadmad

If Jim Alister was asked about hurling

That's in all likelihood what he would have put down also

Well done Son